Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crusade has gone from "decent" to "Impossible"

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    This is what I have in my arsenal btw: .

Right now I'm a bit further than halfway, this time it went a bit better, but got to face several 56s now.

But what do I hear about enchanting? One person says I should enchant from purple onwards and another says not to.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    your team man... wtf

get DM, get DK, get Mystic
    Server 46 - Subush

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Exie, you aren't going to get very far with that team comp.

@idanqwue oh hey, another no-reader. Already said hundreds of times I got extremely unlucky with chests, I need to obtain DK from the arena store. DM is unobtainable for me atm, grand-arena only. Ps, there IS a mystic in there.

@Tpm, I had constant 12 - 15 runs before the sudden difficulty spike.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    If that picture was taken at the end of your crusade run, then you are doing something very wrong. In the first 4-5 fights, you should be "charging up" as many Heroes as possible. I can usually get 15 charged with 4 fights. You have 4 Heroes in the pic (FM and SL can be extremely useful) that are full health and not charged (implies you are not even using them).

Having fresh Heroes fully-charged that you can swap in/out to blow up teams quickly will also help greatly. Try getting all of your top 15 charged from now on, as well as getting DM and Mystic from the Crusade shop. if you can't rent a DK or IH from Merc, then start buying DK from Arena shop. IH will be avail for purchase at lvl60 in Grand Arena shop. Also, farm SS for the top 5-10 Heroes you are going to continue running most.

Also, there is something to be said about gear tier and the transition points. Regardless of why you are suddenly seeing the "spike," you are in a transition range and can expect more difficulty when the matching engine pulls teams with a higher tier than you. The trick is to roll in and blow 5 ultis instantly on those teams. Try to run 1 tank, 2 solid dps, a cc, and a support as often as possible. Only bring in Chap as needed. The above charging strat should help you overcome the more difficult teams.

Hope this helps.

EDIT:
    One more thought, about your unused FM....pair her with OC as much as you can and pop their ultis at same time. it is a very potent combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Exie View Post
    @idanqwue oh hey, another no-reader. Already said hundreds of times I got extremely unlucky with chests, I need to obtain DK from the arena store. DM is unobtainable for me atm, grand-arena only. Ps, there IS a mystic in there.

1) Once you hit your current level, you will start to face more full purple teams and better team comps as players get more advanced and get better at the game. You need a better team comp to win. DM and DK are staples that you should either have or be renting from your guild merc shop. I guarantee it will make your runs much, much easier.

2) Make sure you have your "B" team and "C" team heroes all maxed out with ult ready to go. Based on your screenshot alone, it looks like you weren't properly rotating during the first few rounds of your Crusade because all heroes should be at max ulti (Rifleman, Frost Mage, Shadow Leaf, Mechanist).

3) If you misplay a round or if you screw up and forget to use a skill that would have saved your team from losing a ton of XP, then just restart the round. I've never personally experienced someone 6 or 8 levels above me with 4k power higher in a Crusade run, but if that's true, there's not much you can do about that. You'll almost always get stomped by someone that much stronger than you.

Some of the heroes were already used, I know about the charging trick. This pic was at around wave 9 or 10. They showed such a resistance that I had to unleash some of them already, else some of my heroes would die.

Some of the heroes were already used, I know about the charging trick. This pic was at around wave 9 or 10. They showed such a resistance that I had to unleash some of them already, else some of my heroes would die.
    http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...-matchmaking-! This post here shows that it's common to run into problems during the purple transition.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    I see a lot of people complaining about Crusade. I personaly do Crusade on Hard Mode everyday without a single sweat.

You just have to swap heroes at the beggining of the crusade to make them full energy.

I am lvl 90 with 12 or 13 orange heroes full and i only pay 3$ a month for the monthly card.

Heroes needed : DK, DM, Mystic, Chaplain. My best combo for Crusade is : Cloud Walker , Vengeance , Dk , Chaplain , Sapper or Commando. With this combo i grind in Crusade like a piece of cake.

If someone needs advices do not hesitate to whisper me

Cheers mates !
    WP - AFTERMATH
    Server 3.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by NecazFTW View Post
    I see a lot of people complaining about Crusade. I personaly do Crusade on Hard Mode everyday without a single sweat.

You just have to swap heroes at the beggining of the crusade to make them full energy.

I am lvl 90 with 12 or 13 orange heroes full and i only pay 3$ a month for the monthly card.

Heroes needed : DK, DM, Mystic, Chaplain. My best combo for Crusade is : Cloud Walker , Vengeance , Dk , Chaplain , Sapper or Commando. With this combo i grind in Crusade like a piece of cake.

If someone needs advices do not hesitate to whisper me

Cheers mates !
    WP - AFTERMATH
    Server 3.
    I'd like to see a picture of your VIP status as i Be I very impressed If your level 90 with 12/13 orange,not that it's not possible it's just I'm a daily player with 4 stamina buys daily and I'm 8/9 days off lv90 and 6 orange but i can hit rank 1 in arena,heroes of note for normal are magic heroes with high energy regain,enchanting is optional to purple 3 but don't be shocked if you meet guys 4/5 guys highter,with the right set up I posted pictures before me steam rolling teams 6/7 levels highter before repeat

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Se7en Strife's Avatar
    Well when I saw your team, I already saw the main issue.

Brute falls off HARD after purple, pheonix at best is an emergency measure to clear three crusade stages, Sapper is shit before he turns 73 and even so he's a suicide bomber that dies after 1-2 rounds after dealing the most dmg. Maybe you got a pretty shit opponent just today but if you don't change up your line up and get a death Mage / mystic / Chaplin asap, you have only yourself to blame for failing in crusade.

I'm not being rude here. Just stating the facts. Hope it helps.
    Violent Resolution - #Everyone's An Enemy#

♏️Se7en

s58 Corvus Nemesis Officer
    s54 Arrec [SG]Silent Leader

@Se7en, although I see where it comes from, I see a whole different story upon the brute and Arcane sapper.

While the arcane sapper is agreeable squishy, when he's combined with a Chaplain, LG and WC, he turns very strong on purple [Improved mag defense, enemy decreased physical attack, increased hp steal and increased phys att damage]. At this moment my arcane sapper easily deals 4k damage where he restores 1.5k of that PER hitsplat [times 3 / 4 when he does his blue ability], he's proven quite usefull many times and absolutely wrecks back-lines without dying. From when I used him, he's the best useable to take out an enemy chaplain, succubus, DM, phoenix, mystic, SL, ES, etc.

My brute... yeah I am really noticing he's starting to lack behind, though he does survive quite a handfull of battles thanks to his defense and tremendous HP [IMO a bit too much hp compared to his defense, as my chaplain can hardly keep up with healing his HP]. The only other tanks I got are the Admiral [soon 3-star], Cleric [2-star], Ironhoof [not prepared for battle yet, I got him yesterday off opening 10 golds], Emberblade [1-star], Phoenix [soon 3-star], and Shallows Keeper [2-star, not prepared for battle yet]

At this moment I'm busy obtaining the following heroes:
    - Succubus [Elites + Guild Store]
    - Lighining Elemental [Elites]
    - Death Knight [Arena store]
    - Vengeance Spirit [Elites]
    - Bear Warrior [Elites]
    - Admiral to 3-star [spare elites]
    - Phoenix to 3-star [crusade]
    - Mystic to 3-star [crusade]
    - Frost Mage to 3-star [crusade]
    - Rifleman to 2, and then 3-star [crusade]
    - Shadowleaf to 3-star [quests]

Chaplain is almost 3-star, though already fully upgraded and enchanted, and used continiously in the runs. The image above just showed my attempt on an all-out attempt. And appearantly no-one realizes you cannot obtain DM pre-60 without purchasing a heck lot of chests [or being extremely lucky at crusade].

New Comers
    - Shadowleaf to 3-star [quests]
    is there any quest to get shadowleaf ss?

Yes, the "Do this Elite twice" quests.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8

Do NOT waste arena coins on DK. That is a massive mistake.

You have to find a guild that has DM or DK for rent. This should be your number 1 priority right now.

When you find a DM for rent you should use DM + OC + FM + Mystic + Commando and switch Commando with Chaplain when you need a heal. Depending on how your 1/15 looks you might want to use a random tank just to save your DM some health.

Once you find a DM and use that suggested team I promise you that you will laugh at how easy it is.

Release DM ult just before she gets hit by the Commando stun.