Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusade has gone from "decent" to "Impossible"

Gold Member Contributor Level 6

Crusade has gone from "decent" to "Impossible"

Hey all,

So this happened since last week's patch in the crusade's match-making.

Before the patch, my crusades are a decent challenge. people ranging from 10-8 levels under my level, to 2-4 levels over my level, from around 2 - 3 stars's strength, some 1-stars. Okay, that was a fair challenge regarding how strong I was back then, as my team consisted of 2 3-stars, 2 2-stars and one 1-star.

However, ever since that patch, on the NORMAL mode, my crusade runs have gone HORRIBLE.

For some reason, this game thinks I am capable of defeating 15 teams which reach up to the following:
    1 armour tier above me
    2 stars above me, I HAVE to face 4-stars!
    5 to 8 levels above me, starting from round 4.

My avarage runs have went from 10 - 12 to 5 - 7! Today was the absolute killer, at round 8, this was my team:
    - Brute *** purple, level 53.
    - Commando *** purple, level 53.
    - Arcane Sapper *** purple, level 53.
    - Phoenix ** purple, level 53.
    - Lunar Guardian *** purple, level 53.

I had a lot of other purple 2-stars too in stock, such as a mystic, chaplain, etc etc. About 12 other heroes fully charged and ready to roll, together with a hired 4-star Lightning Elemental with 3.7k power... untill I found this opponement!!!:
    - Death Knight ****, purple, level 59
    - Phoenix ****, purple+1, level 59
    - Fallen Dominion ***, purple, level 59
    - War Chief ***, purple, level 59
    - Commando ****, purple level 59

None of me 17 heroes managed to survive this, and this was on my HALFWAY fight, meaning I had to do 7 more of these impossible challenges! I mean, holy shit HC, this isn't even Hard-Mode and you're wanting me to pull off the impossible?! I know the crusade wasn't meant to be easy, but this is just plainly ridicillious.

Please, fix this cursed match-making!

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Exie View Post
    Hey all,

So this happened since last week's patch in the crusade's match-making.

Before the patch, my crusades are a decent challenge. people ranging from 10-8 levels under my level, to 2-4 levels over my level, from around 2 - 3 stars's strength, some 1-stars. Okay, that was a fair challenge regarding how strong I was back then, as my team consisted of 2 3-stars, 2 2-stars and one 1-star.

However, ever since that patch, on the NORMAL mode, my crusade runs have gone HORRIBLE.

For some reason, this game thinks I am capable of defeating 15 teams which reach up to the following:
    1 armour tier above me
    2 stars above me, I HAVE to face 4-stars!
    5 to 8 levels above me, starting from round 4.

My avarage runs have went from 10 - 12 to 5 - 7! Today was the absolute killer, at round 8, this was my team:
    - Brute *** purple, level 53.
    - Commando *** purple, level 53.
    - Arcane Sapper *** purple, level 53.
    - Phoenix ** purple, level 53.
    - Lunar Guardian *** purple, level 53.

I had a lot of other purple 2-stars too in stock, such as a mystic, chaplain, etc etc. About 12 other heroes fully charged and ready to roll, together with a hired 4-star Lightning Elemental with 3.7k power... untill I found this opponement!!!:
    - Death Knight ****, purple, level 59
    - Phoenix ****, purple+1, level 59
    - Fallen Dominion ***, purple, level 59
    - War Chief ***, purple, level 59
    - Commando ****, purple level 59

None of me 17 heroes managed to survive this, and this was on my HALFWAY fight, meaning I had to do 7 more of these impossible challenges! I mean, holy shit HC, this isn't even Hard-Mode and you're wanting me to pull off the impossible?! I know the crusade wasn't meant to be easy, but this is just plainly ridicillious.

Please, fix this cursed match-making!
    Attach your id and server

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    your account is probably bugged.

Ive done 15/15 since day 1
    Server 46 - Subush

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Your using trash heroes and are poorly geared probably.

Who uses brute for crusade? Using 2 stars at your level?

Server; Ryst [89]

@Tony, Oh well maybe, mr. pro player, not everybody has a fully decked out 3-star arsenal before 60. I started off with the Brute as my guaranteed newcomer 3-star, and didn't get a single tank except the Cleric.

My only three-stars are the LG, Commando, Brute and Arcane Sapper.

As I said in an earlier thread, my luck with obtaining heroes had been extraordinary horrible. I did not get ANY hero from gold chests with exception of the Brute, and ONCE an admiral. All other Gold and crusade chests gave items. Over and over again.

I had bought 10 chests once which gave me the LG, but that was the only non-guaranteed 3-star AND 2-star I EVER got. My Arcane Sapper had been raised from 1-star on the guild shop, my commando from the Crusade, and I'm saving for LE, DK and WC, where only with the LE I'm little over halfway. But I don't regret having used my Brute. It has an extraordinary amount of Armour and HP, and it's Axe of Elimination has proven me service more than enough times.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    @Tony, Oh well maybe, mr. pro player, not everybody has a fully decked out 3-star arsenal before 60. I started off with the Brute as my guaranteed newcomer 3-star, and didn't get a single tank except the Cleric.

My only three-stars are the LG, Commando, Brute and Arcane Sapper.

As I said in an earlier thread, my luck with obtaining heroes had been extraordinary horrible. I did not get ANY hero from gold chests with exception of the Brute, and ONCE an admiral. All other Gold and crusade chests gave items. Over and over again.

I had bought 10 chests once which gave me the LG, but that was the only non-guaranteed 3-star AND 2-star I EVER got. My Arcane Sapper had been raised from 1-star on the guild shop, my commando from the Crusade, and I'm saving for LE, DK and WC, where only with the LE I'm little over halfway. But I don't regret having used my Brute. It has an extraordinary amount of Armour and HP, and it's Axe of Elimination has proven me service more than enough times.
    Find a guild with good heroes to hire like DK and get your chaplain up for starters,forget LE he's useless

I'm already in a high guild, but the DK is 2 levels above me, so I can't hire that unit. My chaplain is halfway to 3 stars, fully maxed out already. So is my Old Curse and Cleric, just in case.

Most of my heroes are maxed out in their skills and loadout, all enchanted. They were no match against this level 59 team.

But you're not helping... AT ALL. I weren't talking about "Hehhhh why is my team shit, why do I keep losing." But more in the trend of "How the hell am I supposed to defeat this team out of the blue". A team that's 6 levels overleveled and containin 4-stars, it's the first time I were enforced to face that, and in such a huge leap already. The battle before that literally was a team of level 45 - 46 2-stars, with one three-star. I'm not asking for tips [that don't even help as I meet up with all the tips 'n tricks already], I'm asking on information how this horrible match-making forced me to kill this strong target on halfway mark.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    You are doomed to lose with that Crusade line up of yours. Your line up can only beat opponents at ranks below 500 maybe so when you face tougher opponents you can't pass. There are line ups that can beat even top 10 all the time.

Omg are you guys even listening?

My crusade runs were -10 - +4 levels usually, raising from begin to end. However suddenly I got a huge difficulty-spike in the matchmaking and were forced to fight somebody 6 levels over me, possibly like 4k power higher than me. ON HALFWAY, meaning there were 6 more, higher targets I were meant to face.

The issue is that my matchmaking had changed a significant lot, out of the blue air. I'm trying to figure out what caused it, and not receive unnessecary tips, especially not [regarding the first post from Tony] by a know-it-all player, that aren't even related to solving the matchmaking mystery.

So first-off what a usefull answer would be, is On what factors is the Crusade matchmaking dependant of?. My arena rank isn't even close to 500, I'm above the thousands on my server. However, my record is much lower because in the very early week I found a target that was top 200 with hardly any power.

Omg are you guys even listening?

My crusade runs were -10 - +4 levels usually, raising from begin to end. However suddenly I got a huge difficulty-spike in the matchmaking and were forced to fight somebody 6 levels over me, possibly like 4k power higher than me. ON HALFWAY, meaning there were 6 more, higher targets I were meant to face.

The issue is that my matchmaking had changed a significant lot, out of the blue air. I'm trying to figure out what caused it, and not receive unnessecary tips, especially not [regarding the first post from Tony] by a know-it-all player, that aren't even related to solving the matchmaking mystery.

So first-off what a usefull answer would be, is On what factors is the Crusade matchmaking dependant of?. My arena rank isn't even close to 500, I'm above the thousands on my server. However, my record is much lower because in the very early week I found a target that was top 200 with hardly any power.
    There is always some level of RNG. Sometimes my 15th opponent is lower level than me and sometimes higher, though since I'm 89 it can only get as high as 90.

Opponents are based on the total power of your 5 strongest heroes, so one possibility can be that you promoted your entire team to purple, since your heroes are 53, and maybe you got matched with opponents that do not have full purple teams. Team power might be similar but levels play a huge role. A big gap in team level will affect crits more than you might realize. A lower lvl team will crit less vs a higher lvl team and the higher lvl team can basically get by without skills at all, purely by crits. This is what makes Booty cave such a boring feature since most of the time you just sleep through all the battles since they are 5+ team lvls below, no matter their team power or setup.

BUT.. you also need better heroes.

Thanks for the reply Chit.

But the strange thing is, it's the second day my team is entirely Purple. I'm close to 54 now, but since I were 51, I had 5 heroes already maxed out in purple, and it only happened today. Of course, the small difficulty spike came 2 days ago with purple warchiefs of lvl... 51 or 52 I believe? But that was in the end of the crusade, and I had never experienced SUCH a spike like this.

Like, my crusade from yesterday [my first day of being lvl 53], it went from 44 to 55, the hardest contained all 3-stars with a 3-star warchief, all purple. However, suddenly I get a target that's 4 levels over yesterday's hardest, without that something had even changed on my end.

Thanks for the reply Chit.

But the strange thing is, it's the second day my team is entirely Purple. I'm close to 54 now, but since I were 51, I had 5 heroes already maxed out in purple, and it only happened today. Of course, the small difficulty spike came 2 days ago with purple warchiefs of lvl... 51 or 52 I believe? But that was in the end of the crusade, and I had never experienced SUCH a spike like this.
    There have been people fighting opponents 12 lvls higher, which I believe was the most extreme case we have ever seen. Plenty of people showing battles vs 9 lvls higher.

Moderators have claimed there is nothing out of the ordinary about the match making.

Nothing to do but move on and work on more suitable heroes, such as Death Mage, who will be your most valued hero for crusade.

Well I would love to have the Death Mage, but luck isn't at my side. The only non-guaranteed hero I ever got was the Lunar Guardian. My Old Curse, Commando, and DV are from shops, next to that I got all bronze-chest heroes except VG.

That will happen a lot especially jumping from blue to purple,be careful when fully enchanting as crusade is based on your 5 strongest heroes,just cause there 6/7 levels higher dont mean that they enchant and ye will have similar power,unless you want to compete in arena there is little reason to fully enchant or enchant at all early on unless you get to purple 3 and you be a while grinding for 4/orange,saying that it will get harder as you go on as there are some horrible heroes coming up the highter you go.Its better to start building a team for hardmode now