Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CoE FAQ

Administrator Contributor Level 10 Ember's Avatar

CoE FAQ

1. My game crashes/ won’t load. What can I do?
    Please try these steps to resolve your issue:
    Close all browser windows and tabs that are Evony related
    Go to settings in your browser and clear the cache
    Go to the following webpage http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html and clear all cached files, or find any files related to Evony and delete them
    If this still does not work, please contact Commanders of Evony Customer Support for further assistance.

2 How do I win in battle?
    If you are able to destroy an opponent’s Town Hall you will be awarded one Star. Destroying 50% of your enemy’s buildings gains you a second Star, while 100% destruction awards you the full three Stars. You will need to earn at least one Star to win the battle.

3 Why don’t my surviving troops return?
    At the end of combat any troops that have been sent in to battle will not return. Expending troops to win battles is a key piece in the CoE strategy, and it helps to think of your troops as resources to be spent wisely. Plan every battle carefully and try to use the optimal number and type of troops. Throwing all your troops into combat without considering the benefits against the costs may lead to a pyrrhic victory, where you end up expending more resources than you gain.

4 How do I control my deployed units?
    Once deployed on the battlefield, your troops are autonomous and cannot be controlled. Each time you deploy a unit, a crosshair will highlight the unit's first target chosen by several factors. Different units will attack according to their capabilities as well as their preferred targets. To optimize your attack strategies learn about how each unit works on the Troop Training screen to learn which units they target.

5 I was attacked while under protection mode. Why?
    Currently we have two battle systems, Map War and Match. Each of them has their own discrete protection mode.
    For the Map War, beginner’s protection is for new players which protects them from being attacked via the map. If your Town Hall is level 3 or greater, and you have attacked another player you will be taken out of beginner protection. This protection will also be removed when your Town Hall reaches level 5 or after 72 hours have elapsed since starting the game.
    In Match, you will get protection each time your city suffers 40% or more destruction. However, your protection will be canceled if you attack another player or take revenge on an aggressor.

6 How does the Match/Honor system work?
    When fighting against other players in Match, you will gain or lose honor depending on the outcome of the battle. You may also lose or gain honor when you're attacked, depending on if you are successful in defense. The exact number of honor you can gain or lose is calculated based on how likely you are to win the match by comparing multiple factors, including the honor of your enemy compared to yours. Winning against a stronger opponent will give you more honor than winning against an easier opponent.

7 How does “Find A Match” work?
    Player vs. player matchmaking is based solely on the amount of honor each player has. Because of this it is possible to be attacked by a player with a much higher or lower city level, as long as they have a similar honor score to yours.

8 How do I build?
    All available buildings are listed in the shop under their related categories. You can simply click on the Shop icon at the right bottom of your game screen to access the list of buildable items.

9 How do I move a building?
    Find the World icon at the right bottom of your screen next to Shop, and then click the little icon above the World to move a building. If you would like to cancel this action, click the little icon again.

10 How do I upgrade a building?
    You can upgrade your buildings by clicking on them and then choosing the "Upgrade" option. Upgrading your Town Hall unlocks new buildings and allows you to upgrade your existing buildings even further! Buildings will not produce resources, or work while they are being upgraded. This means your mines and farms won't generate resources and your defensive items won't shoot enemies while being upgraded.

11 Can I destroy an existing building?
    No, you can’t destroy a building or reduce its level. You can however, move it if you need to place another building where it is.

12 Why is my resource production reduced?
    Your production will be affected when your influence shown in your Town Hall is reduced or there is another city next to you on the map that is causing a border conflict. You can go to the World Map and refer to the World Map Legend for further information.

13 How do I join or create a guild?
    In order to join a guild, you must first rebuild the Guild Castle. Once it's rebuilt, you can click it to access the guild menu which will allow you to choose to create or join a guild. The Guild Castle can also house reinforcement troops from your guild-mates, which can assist in attacks!

14 Can I restart the game and start all over again?
    At the moment it's not possible to restart your game.

15 Can I change my character’s name?
    Sorry, you can't change the name of your character at this time.

Banned Contributor Level 1
    JOIN HEAVYTEK- They are allowed to cheat!

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jsparacio_4461016 View Post
    really? your going to banter our name like that? lol get over it kid, you got hit you lost, its a war game get over it. Thanks for the free publicity of our guild tho even though its false.

Spartacus
    Thanks for the report. We’ll investigate this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsparacio_4461016 View Post

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    How do one get influence up after it has been lowered by attacks. The influence goes up so slow but drops so fast when being attacked?

Quote Originally Posted by frostjack029_1095206 View Post
    How do one get influence up after it has been lowered by attacks. The influence goes up so slow but drops so fast when being attacked?
    I would be interested in a Nice guide for this as well? Over time my influence raises With 100-200 each hour. Attacking and destroying cities on map does notthing. Winning defensive Battles does notthing. Then I get hit, and smack, loss of influence several thousands? Even if battlereport shows minus 300. Is this how it is supposed to work?

More info on several things would help. For example, what are credits? what are they for/do? When you win an attack, you get a medal(?), but no explanation on what its for..... Maybe i just haven't found it yet, but what about planned features? When will Cleopatra get her special attacks? I know this is Beta, but still, there seems to be a lack of communication here.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeweber0508_6331285 View Post
    More info on several things would help. For example, what are credits? what are they for/do? When you win an attack, you get a medal(?), but no explanation on what its for..... Maybe i just haven't found it yet, but what about planned features? When will Cleopatra get her special attacks? I know this is Beta, but still, there seems to be a lack of communication here.
    Stars from winning Battles are used to fill certain orders. Filling orders give credits. Credits are used to lvl up Your heroes spells.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Im just looking for a simple answer on how do i raise influence ?

Spartacus
    If your Influence is not full you will get 1 point back every 6 minutes. And at this moment time is the only cure to low Influence.
    Quote Originally Posted by frostjack029_1095206 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    If your Influence is not full you will get 1 point back every 6 minutes. And at this moment time is the only cure to low Influence.
    Thanks for the response. Next question is about how much influence I am supposed to loose when an attacker destroys my city? Is my TH 9 city supposed to loose 5-6000 Points?
    If yes, I think it is somehow unbalanced. If this is not supposed to happen, the game has a glitch. Or worst case, attacker is cheating with 3. party software?

I know Evonys policy about letting players Discover the numbers themselves, but we are in a beta and I hope Spartacus is able to confirm if my discoveries are as Evony intended or a result of something that need to be fixed?

Once again ty for the reply Spartacus..So far all my questions has been answered, not dissapointed... yet:-P

Spartacus
    The formula goes as this:
    Influence reduced after a battle = {Level (n+1) full City Influence-Level n full City Influence}*Damage Progress Stars*6%. If your Influence reduction doesn’t follow this formula there should be a glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by matias14_3794434 View Post
    Thanks for the response. Next question is about how much influence I am supposed to loose when an attacker destroys my city? Is my TH 9 city supposed to loose 5-6000 Points?
    If yes, I think it is somehow unbalanced. If this is not supposed to happen, the game has a glitch. Or worst case, attacker is cheating with 3. party software?

I know Evonys policy about letting players Discover the numbers themselves, but we are in a beta and I hope Spartacus is able to confirm if my discoveries are as Evony intended or a result of something that need to be fixed?

The formula goes as this:
    Influence reduced after a battle = {Level (n+1) full City Influence-Level n full City Influence}*Damage Progress Stars*6%. If your Influence reduction doesn’t follow this formula there should be a glitch.
    Thanks. One more noob question, and I promise it will be my last, what is the "n" in the formula? :-)

Spartacus
    N in the formula is your current Town Hall level number.
    Quote Originally Posted by hermod81_3473219 View Post
    Thanks. One more noob question, and I promise it will be my last, what is the "n" in the formula? :-)