Thread: Defense? whats the point

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

Defense? whats the point

What is the point of upgrading any defensive weapons when someone can just come in and hit you with sparticus leaps and destroy your whole city without even
    attacking with any troops? It seems to me to be a little lop-sided..No wonder there are people quiting everyday..I'm not complaining about coining, (I have done some myself) but it does really make the battles really one sided.. I feel there needs to be some equalizing factors put in place (like you have to send some troops in at the start of every battle) If no one has to spend any troops to completlely destroy a city how is that worth playing? Just my two cents

Duane (Hellspawn)

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Allen's Avatar
    We have read through your views and we understand your concern, we will enter into in-depth discussions considering this issue and see if we could work out a preferable solution or improvement.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    thank you for your swift reply..I only hope something is done or this game will die very quickly..

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    The other problem with defenses is their hitpoints are FAR too low. I mean, the damage each defensive unit is geared towards taking on wizards at the average level, but in reality, it's far too easy to overwhelm defense. I strongly dislike the upgrade times too, to get it up to where it would even be formidable to a full round of troops takes a week and a half, for one level. Now factor in someone unleashing just 5 fully upgraded lanterns, and your defense crumbles like bread for ducks. The only thing I can think of to fix that would be to either run up the hitpoints on defense allowing them to live longer while plowing through with the same damage, or make it worthwhile and increase the damage to something more reasonable. The current setup, Spartacus and a few lanterns is all you need to beat ANYONE.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Want to make defense interesting? Give each player the ability to change how their defenses react to different offensive units.

If you gave your archer towers +50% damage against lanterns, they would get -50% versus grunts.

Less complex would be something like they have started with lanterns. Different defenses have different abilities against different offensive units. Bonuses should be given as well as penalties to defensive structures. Can't hit lanterns? should get double damage versus grunts or wizzes.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Want to make defense interesting? Give each player the ability to change how their defenses react to different offensive units. If you gave your archer towers +50% damage against lanterns, they would get -50% versus grunts or some other unit.

Less complex would be something like they have started with lanterns. Different defenses have different abilities against different offensive units. Bonuses should be given as well as penalties to defensive structures. Can't hit lanterns? should get double damage versus grunts or wizzes.

Don't give them any more things to add.
    they have not fixed the glitches that have annoyed so many people

Dawnseeker
    Quote Originally Posted by Iveadenuf View Post
    Don't give them any more things to add.
    they have not fixed the glitches that have annoyed so many people
    Can you be more specific? We fixed several bugs in the last patch, although some new ones crept in.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Can you be more specific? We fixed several bugs in the last patch, although some new ones crept in.
    You got to be kidding me, is this the only response people get for investing their "hard earned monies"...??? Their are way more than "some" bugs, apparently your not reading the complaints or the dev team could care less.
    And tell you to avoid those matters.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    I think the real question is does anyone at evony play the game itself? There is no way game play has been functional on many many levels since the last two updates. You cannot play the game very well right now, there are more than 5 things wrong. How can you ask someone to be more specific? Log in, play, watch the troop problems, watch the general problems, watch the match problems, the revenge problem and the odd combat in map hits, then come back on here and say 'can you be more specific?' No we can't because there are so many things wrong everyone is focusing on the one thing that pisses them off the most. Read the complaints, I have never seen it this bad - not even in Age 1.

think it says it all
    Quote Originally Posted by <TPG>Skerrit View Post
    I think the real question is does anyone at evony play the game itself? There is no way game play has been functional on many many levels since the last two updates. You cannot play the game very well right now, there are more than 5 things wrong. How can you ask someone to be more specific? Log in, play, watch the troop problems, watch the general problems, watch the match problems, the revenge problem and the odd combat in map hits, then come back on here and say 'can you be more specific?' No we can't because there are so many things wrong everyone is focusing on the one thing that pisses them off the most. Read the complaints, I have never seen it this bad - not even in Age 1.