Thread: Barracks Failures

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

Barracks Failures

Since the beginning of the open beta, the barracks code has been stealing goods and failing to properly queue troops.

When adding troops and when there are plenty of resources to fill the barracks, the function will abruptly end and the barracks screen will disappear.

There is an annoying message that pops up quickly and starts off with the word "oops!" and says something about there not being enough resources, but it does not remain long enough to be read.

Whoever wrote this piece of code seems to have not tested it.

It is pretty clearly a piece of error checking that has gone terribly wrong.

If you are able to figure out where it resides and what triggers it, please remove it. The barracks code worked just fine before the open beta.

Administrator Contributor Level 10 Ember's Avatar
    We are already working on this bug. Thanks.

Whatever work you have done on this bug has only made it worse.

Please remove the error checking routine entirely.

It now causes goods to be stolen when troops are being removed as well as added.

It does not seem to make a difference whether or not the troops are being added one at a time. The code fails regardless.

If I was actually spending money on this mess, I would say that the reason this code was inserted was to increase a player's incentive to buy gems in order to replace goods stolen by the game.

Dawnseeker
    Quote Originally Posted by <MVL>EugeneAxeman View Post
    Whatever work you have done on this bug has only made it worse.

Please remove the error checking routine entirely.

It now causes goods to be stolen when troops are being removed as well as added.

It does not seem to make a difference whether or not the troops are being added one at a time. The code fails regardless.

If I was actually spending money on this mess, I would say that the reason this code was inserted was to increase a player's incentive to buy gems in order to replace goods stolen by the game.
    We appreciate you reporting bugs. However, as you're not familiar with the code, it doesn't help to propose "fixes" blindly. Our programmers are working on the game and will get the bug fixed as soon as they can.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Jdfdcdxndfbddds10

Uhrjgrehgfjriynfhtrjdudehgwyfhhtt

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    I just lost 100,000 resources by accidentally clicking the "-" in my barracks when it was full of queued troops. Poof. Refreshing did not restore it. It's just gone.

I'm pretty much ready to quit this game. It's just ridiculous how poorly coded it is. I don't think there's a competent programmer on the staff. Hint: Fire 5 junior programmers who don't know what they're doing, and replace them with *one* top programmer who does. That would make a world of difference. I don't give a crap about most of the new features. What I do care about is not getting ripped off. And I don't think I'm alone in that opinion.

Seriously, troops from barracks disappearing when i'm trying to replenish. Taking my goods as fast as a group of 18+ attacking me.

The admins claim to be working on this problem, but so far, it has only gotten worse.

Software design by trial and error will hardly solve any problem that is the result of a poor design process.

If a code module is identified as flawed, it should be easy to bypass or remove it.

I've been writing code for over thirty years, and the amount of remedial errors that continually appear in this game amazes me.

I just watched about 20k of resources as well as over a dozen troops disappear when i clicked to add only 1.

That should easily be enough information for a software designer to identify the cause of the problem.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    You have got to fix this now. Roll this fix back ASAP. I have spent hours today, finally building up to where I had about 80 saboteurs saved up. Well - the are gone, and so are the goods for them. I can't take this anymore! Fix it or undo this horrible change. It is making the game completely useless.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Each time I try to build troops, goods disappear. Not small amounts, doesn't matter what I try to build, the barracks window shrinks abruptly and when I bring it back troops are missing and so are goods.

It was not every time I built before, but now it is EACH and EVERY time. Its been getting worse for days and still no response, no fix and no end in sight.

I believe that there is no longer any point in bringing this issue to the attention of the admins.

One would expect that since this is a service-based company, any problems which result in lost funds from customers should be a top priority.

Judging from their responses and the state of the code, some possibilities for the problem's persistence and decaying code quality are:

1. The software team is working on fixing the code, but are in over their heads and have no idea how to correct the problem.

2. This error is making them money because many players just buy more gems to compensate for the lost goods, so it is a very low priority item.

3. The team is using the trial and error method of coding, so if it is ever resolved, it will probably be an accident.

Feel free to add any other possible explanations for why this deal-breaking failure continues to plague evony's customers.

Hey there, I have qued my barracks with saboteurs. When I logged back in after an hour, my res and my saboteurs were gone. I lost over 400k worth of food. I wasn't raided either. What do I do to get it back?

Dawnseeker
    Thanks for the reports. We're on it.

I would like to know how we could request the return of the goods lost by such a bug. I had 69 wall breakers in the queue when they vanished. I admit openly that I was doing this to drop my good stash down so that people would be less likely to attack me but still... Even if I log in and don't have the goods they should go to SOMEBODY rather than a glitch lol.

Also, as a side suggestion, maybe you could have good that are being used for troops be looted when somebody attacks the barracks? Either that or disallow the queuing of troops beyond your rally point max.
    Some say winning is everything.
    Some say everything is nothing.
    So what do you get when you lose... Something for nothing of course.