Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keep it clean?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    A good way to protect your hard-earened resources is to stay in the protection shield
    So, don't do Matches? That doesn't seem like a very good suggestion. lol
    And even if you are willing to stay in protection instead of actually participating in the game ... protection runs out.
    Plus, of course, there's no protection from Map attacks.

I realize you guys want to sell gems, Allen, and there's nothing wrong with that. But the amount of resources necessary once things get past level 4 or 5 is ridiculous. The closer you get to enough resources to do anything worthwhile, the more tempting a target you become. So you work at it and after a few days - maybe a week - you've saved 715K of the 720K gold you need to upgrade that ballista ... and somebody with twice your honor comes along and plunders (steals) all of it.

And then even if you do manage to hang on to enough coins or goods, you have to take weapons or resource producers out of play for DAYS, making it that much harder to accumulate the resources necessary for the NEXT big build.

So "A good way to protect your hard-earened resources is to stay in the protection shield" isn't a very useful suggestion, is it?

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    LOL, no it's not a great suggestion. I haven't had any problem getting the resources yet but the free gems have played a decent part in getting some of those big builds when "I" wanted them. But I can't see spending the kind of money on a game that reminds me so much of WarCraft II, granted with a couple twists thrown in. Think about it. You have the grunts=ogres axemen=archers wizards=whatever the magic users were and so on. You also set up your city to defend with killing zones hopefully good enough to not be destroyed.

But I remember only paying for that game once. You could spend hundreds on this game to do the same thing. And do it over and over again to really get to a decent position in the game. Will it be worth it? Only time will tell.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Allen's Avatar
    Only the strongest will not be plundered, but not everyone can be it. So you need to work harder for opportunities, to weigh the balance between others and yourself, to maximize your own interests, likewise the real life, there will always be people who weaker or stronger than you, you can't hide forever.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ogeewiz76_9171237 View Post
    Getting resources isn't the problem. The inability to hang on to those resources until you can make those huge and costly builds is the problem and the single biggest flaw in the game design...besides allowing alts.
    How about a plunder cap based on player level? Lower level players, because they generally deal in lower level stores and lower production/plunder abilities, get a plunder cap that protects resources until they can "afford" to lose more? Just as an example, say it starts out at 90% when you are TH level 1, so that you can only lose 10% max of your stored goods/coins, but then that decrements 10% at each TH upgrade (eg. 90%=TH 1, 80%=TH 2, 70%=TH 3, 60%=TH 4, 50%=TH 5 ... 0%=TH 10) ?? Just a thought...

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Allen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cap269_2535131 View Post
    How about a plunder cap based on player level? Lower level players, because they generally deal in lower level stores and lower production/plunder abilities, get a plunder cap that protects resources until they can "afford" to lose more? Just as an example, say it starts out at 90% when you are TH level 1, so that you can only lose 10% max of your stored goods/coins, but then that decrements 10% at each TH upgrade (eg. 90%=TH 1, 80%=TH 2, 70%=TH 3, 60%=TH 4, 50%=TH 5 ... 0%=TH 10) ?? Just a thought...

It would be a nice plan without regard to warehouse. However, we still appreciate your construction ideas! Thank you cap269