Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep it clean?

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

Keep it clean?

I REALLY hope that Evony does this game justice by making sure people play the game the way the Devs design it. Ban anyone multi-accounting or at the very least make friends/family playing from the same IP declare they are sharing a connection and not allow interaction between those accounts, like farming them for resources. It can't be that hard to do. Other games do it. And forcing people to play fairly does NOT make it less enjoyable.

I played Evony from Civony days through AgeII. I remember the server sweeps in AgeI and seeing half an alliance disappear(banned from the server) for multi-accounting or botting. We used to boot members ourselves for cheating. And we still dominated our server and the SS because we played as a team. Multi-tap farming started for me when on NA7 and continued when we moved to another server. We played straight up with single accounts and no bots until they pulled the plug on multi-tap farming. We then were forced to cheat to compete and stay the number 1 alliance on the server. And there were whole alliances running more than a dozen bots per player and they had the idea the server lag was a problem caused by Evony? Are they crazy or what? What did they expect would happen with all those bots constantly pinging the server? That was the last time I played and paid any money to Evony.

If this game goes the way of AgeI and II, then this will just be a short-lived experiment with what COULD be a fun game.

PLEASE do this right. People are already talking about how they plan to "game the game" when it goes live. Evony had a few things in it's design that made people want to cheat, the food issue mainly. Glad to not see it here. But if cheating runs rampant here it will not only bastardize all the hard work the Devs put into it but leave you one less customer that spent about $1K per server.

I played Evony for 4 years and I agree 100% with you. I left Evony because I got tired of the botting.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    I think this game really doesn't lend much to botting...great thing.
    Alts are still becoming prevalent again....Alts are easier to maintain on this than evony as there is no need to to log into them ever after they are created, and resource fields are built.
    though i think more could/should be done with influence to discourage alts.

Banned Contributor Level 1
    This game lends to glitches, not bots. I think it might be far worse. Some people collect billions each day. I spent 2 hours getting enough gold to upgrade a pult. Upgrade button caused a server error and refresh. OH BUT GUESS WHAT???

Now 200k gold is gone, everything rolled back. Oh, except the Match timer. Five minutes late lose a bunch more gold.

FUK THIS GAME.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    jsparacio,
    This is a beta server, it will have flaws and unfinished design. keep in mind that your city/the server will be wiped out at some point. glitches are very common in beta, which is why they have bata's, to find glitches.

Banned Contributor Level 1
    The reported problems from early on are still happening. They have only fixed the cheating that SuperCell didn't figure out. Oh yeah, that's right, here is the thing.......

Maybe you don't realize this but the people that bought Evony from Regen Mercantile also bought the game they are calling Commanders of Evony; a game called Clash of Clans from Super Cell, Inc. Maybe they bought the companies, who knows, but.... Do NOT think for a minute this is Beta fool. This is "HEY WE BOUGHT DUMB GAME THAT DIDNT WORK, LETS RENAME IT AND HAVE THE PLAYER BASE THAT WE ALSO BOUGHT TRY IT OUT AND DO ALL THE WORK FOR US TO FIX IT"

All you Icarusalt9. Also, sort of silly calling it Beta, no?

Actually, sorry, strike that, everybody is owned by SoftBank. So SuperCell still owns Clash of CLans and now the other companies under the same umbrella are using the same game with different names and graphics to make even more money?
    Last edited by jsparacio_4461016; 11-25-2013 at 08:30 PM.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Allen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsparacio_4461016 View Post
    This game lends to glitches, not bots. I think it might be far worse. Some people collect billions each day. I spent 2 hours getting enough gold to upgrade a pult. Upgrade button caused a server error and refresh. OH BUT GUESS WHAT???

Now 200k gold is gone, everything rolled back. Oh, except the Match timer. Five minutes late lose a bunch more gold.

FUK THIS GAME.
    Hi jsparacio,
    We are sorry for this inconvenince. Could you send this glitch report to our helpspot team for further investigation? Thanks for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Hi jsparacio,
    We are sorry for this inconvenince. Could you send this glitch report to our helpspot team for further investigation? Thanks for your time!
    While I respect the fact that you responded to jsparacio's complaint Allen, I would like to see an official response to my concern. But I have a feeling I'll be playing Grepolis instead of anything having to do with Evony. They run a class operation. You cheat, you get a warning ban. You cheat again, you're gone from the server. You cheat again, you're gone for good from all servers.

I love the game of Evony as it was designed to be played. But that just doesn't happen. Really sad. I miss the game and the people but not enough to make me waste my time and money.

Dawnseeker
    Quote Originally Posted by jbowling_63099 View Post
    While I respect the fact that you responded to jsparacio's complaint Allen, I would like to see an official response to my concern. But I have a feeling I'll be playing Grepolis instead of anything having to do with Evony. They run a class operation. You cheat, you get a warning ban. You cheat again, you're gone from the server. You cheat again, you're gone for good from all servers.

I love the game of Evony as it was designed to be played. But that just doesn't happen. Really sad. I miss the game and the people but not enough to make me waste my time and money.
    The game mechanics in CoE do not lend themselves to botting nearly so much as Evony. We're definitely looking at ways to crack down on this and to minimize the benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    The game mechanics in CoE do not lend themselves to botting nearly so much as Evony. We're definitely looking at ways to crack down on this and to minimize the benefit.
    Thank you for the reply Dawnseeker. Your name is probably still legendary in the Evony forums. I understand that botting would be kind of senseless in this game. With the long builds there would be very little need to bot. But already people have alts, though some say they will hold off making alts until the the game rolls out. In the end alts are a bigger problem that bots.

wow Dawnseeker...havent heard that name since i quit just after Civony!

Good game just takes way to much gold to do anything....soon to quit again!

And yes i put up with the hour long, 4 hour long, 12 hour long, day long server crashes when you were testing Civony/Evony!!

Free Gems would be appreciated since i cant get enough gold to do anything!

You guys must have made a killing off that game.

Quote Originally Posted by thryciuk_105054 View Post
    And yes i put up with the hour long, 4 hour long, 12 hour long, day long server crashes when you were testing Civony/Evony!!

Free Gems would be appreciated since i cant get enough gold to do anything!

You guys must have made a killing off that game.
    hi thryciuk,
    You can collect golds from upgarding your gold mine, plundering other players. There are always ways to get them. We will also have a further discussion to see if gold or other resources could be gathered in many other ways.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    hi thryciuk,
    You can collect golds from upgarding your gold mine, plundering other players. There are always ways to get them. We will also have a further discussion to see if gold or other resources could be gathered in many other ways.
    Getting resources isn't the problem. The inability to hang on to those resources until you can make those huge and costly builds is the problem and the single biggest flaw in the game design...besides allowing alts.

Quote Originally Posted by ogeewiz76_9171237 View Post
    Getting resources isn't the problem. The inability to hang on to those resources until you can make those huge and costly builds is the problem and the single biggest flaw in the game design...besides allowing alts.
    A good way to protect your hard-earened resources is to stay in the protection shield