Thread: is this advertised as free game?

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

is this advertised as free game?

didnt noticed if it is,but it certanly dont seem so,takes 100 gems for extra builders house,seem i may die before i get any where close to that,most players are not spending $$ and if you want to keep them you certanly wont with crap like that,get real people.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    lmao

Even if it is advertised as free, do you really think the developers have ANY responsibility to people who aren't paying? They're not running a charity, you know ... this is their job. (Now, if you want to talk about how good they are at it ... well, that's a whole different animal.)

i understand a lot,but seems you dont get it,why dont they just dont degrade builders house ,heroes etc and dont give a chit for free players that way then? either way looks same to me,100 gems is impossible task for free player,if you want to spend,go ahead, im placing this in behalf of me and free players,not coiners.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    I think LittleJon understands you perfectly. You're the one who doesn't understand.

Evony doesn't much care what the coiners think about the game, as long as the money's rolling in. They don't care at all about what non-paying customers think would improve the game, or make it more fair. Nor should they. Non-paying players simply increase their costs.

Frankly, I've never understood why they think it's necessary to allow anybody to play for free. For a week, or a month, sure ... get people hooked. But after that, why shouldn't they insist on payment?

obviously you 2 are ones who dont get why noncoiners are necessary in the game, so stick to the game not planning.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    It cost freaking 99 cents to get 100 gems. You are given 25 to start. 5 for joining an alliance. gems for upgrading TH. gems for invasion tasks. 20 if you install watchtower and 2 a day for using it. Gems if you choose to go after and can hold a spot near a HC city. It does not take a lifetime if you don't waste them on things like needing a few resources for a building so spend them. Get over it.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.13929061 View Post
    obviously you 2 are ones who dont get why noncoiners are necessary in the game, so stick to the game not planning.
    Yeah. I'm pretty stupid. Please explain, in simple words that even a moron such as myself can understand, exactly why non-paying players are necessary.

Dawnseeker
    We need both free and paying players in the game. Additional builders houses are a luxury that free players can player forever without. However, if they really want one, it is certainly possible to save up 100 Gems without spending.

The official position is that non-paying players are a NEED? Well, that presents a couple of issues. First (on LittleJon's behalf, lol): Why?

Second: If they're a need, they should be compensated for their participation, wouldn't you think?

And you can't be serious about saving 100 gems for a builder. Log in daily for weeks to see the current poundings by coiners and collect the 2-a-day from the Watchtower, and maybe (if you blow what few resources you can accumulate and you're REALLY lucky) a handful from clearing rocks and trees? Who would do that?

Dawnseeker
    Quote Originally Posted by <GG2>Jonathan View Post
    The official position is that non-paying players are a NEED? Well, that presents a couple of issues. First (on LittleJon's behalf, lol): Why?

Second: If they're a need, they should be compensated for their participation, wouldn't you think?

And you can't be serious about saving 100 gems for a builder. Log in daily for weeks to see the current poundings by coiners and collect the 2-a-day from the Watchtower, and maybe (if you blow what few resources you can accumulate and you're REALLY lucky) a handful from clearing rocks and trees? Who would do that?
    We need free players because otherwise the game world would be too empty. They are "compensated" by being able to play for free forever. If you think we should pay people to play our game, that's not going to happen. You're being a little melodramatic with your statements as well. The average player gets a lot more than 2 gems per day while playing.

see jonathan and littlejon downseeker explained you in few simplke fast words why free players are important to have in game,you 2 just dont get it and dont spin same thing in circle,we are needed because we are mayority of players in noumbers and we keep other coiner players ocupied and interested in the game,without us ,they would go to play some other strategy game (servers would be mostly empty of players,put that in your hollow head),im simply noting tha gems are quite hard to get,i havent spent any on resources,i do spend them for speeding up building time. my estimate would be if we get some 3 gems more daily ot would be more fair game in coiner-noncoiner ratio, i understood this is to improve the game and all comments are welcome,i usually only post when i see something bad lol,but it dont mean that overall is bad,thanks downseeker keep up the good work as for gooseman go chase some goose leave forum for smart people.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Free players are needed because most people do not join a game and start pumping money in without first figuring out if they want to play. That is the model that almost all of this type game uses: Bring players in, let them play for free, but either limit how far they can go in the game, what items they can have, or how fast they can progress. If they want additional goodies, to go faster or further, then pay.

They only qualm most non-paying or lower paying players have with that is that higher paying customers should not be able to dominate the game. Have advantages, yes, of course. But the rest should not be turned into food for them.

Yes, you will always have some whiners who think that the devs should donate their time, pay for servers out of their own pockets, and give all things in the game to them for free and thank the players for the opportunity to do so, but most players have a little more of a clue about reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    If you think we should pay people to play our game, that's not going to happen. You're being a little melodramatic with your statements as well. The average player gets a lot more than 2 gems per day while playing.
    The suggestion that perhaps you should pay us to play the game (instead of the other way around) seemed to me to be pretty obviously a joke. Clearly, I was wrong about that. lol

And my accounting was based on the free gems available BEFORE the last patch ... and was not being melodramatic at all. Obviously, things have changed. (Changed quite nicely for those who are unable to pay, might I add. Well done, Evony.)

Quote Originally Posted by <TA1>Serbon View Post
    see jonathan and littlejon downseeker explained you in few simplke fast words why free players are important to have in game,you 2 just dont get it ...
    Well, I could have told you that they needed free players to tend farms for the coiners. I just wanted it to be made clear to all ... the game needs free players to keep the paying customers happy. lol

100 gems would be great BUT mine costs 300 gems. What's the deal?

I get gems from clearing trees,finishing achievements,the watch tower gives me 2 gems every day,I even get some when my Allianxce members,and I save them for upgrading TH only,maybe spen to finish an upgrade..
    and Yes Evony does need so called free players WHO would the coiners attack with thier level 10 city if they were no free players...very boring game if no free players...