Thread: Alliance Influence Rankings

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

Alliance Influence Rankings

The amounts of influence each & almost every alliance is showing in the ranks is no where near the true amount that they have. Every time someone takes a hit they loose that amount of influence in the ranks for their alliance. When cities that have had less than full influence & upgraded their Town Halls. The amount of influence lost before the upgrade is lost. For instance at a level 8 Town Hall I got down to 3k influence. When I was at 8K influence I upgraded to a level 9 Town Hall. The alliance ranks increased around 40k influence. So that other amount lost from hits is now gone & can't be replaced. When we're back to full influence, the totals can't increase.

At the moment there are at least 6 other alliances with enough actual influence to be well over 1.5 million, yet they are showing between 500k - 1M influence. None of these alliance will be able to increase their influence again to the actual amounts due to upgrading cities while not already being at full influence.

This may also be caused by revenge hits not registering in the alliance ranks for the same reasons. A player looses 20k influence & gets back 10k from revenge hits. When they are full again, that difference in their own influence compared to what's showing in the rankings due to the revenge hits is lost & can't be replaced.

Was it your intention to screw up the ranks as much as they have been or is it going to be fixed?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    ah how sweet do you want to get back to 1st place COE LOL LOL mind who you pick your fights!! as Evony would say

See you on the battlefield!

Quote Originally Posted by <TLK>EndGame View Post
    ah how sweet do you want to get back to 1st place COE LOL LOL mind who you pick your fights!! as Evony would say

See you on the battlefield!
    There's always someone who has to make a stupid comment. It's got nothing to do with top rank. It's a broken part of the game that needs to be fixed. At the moment it penalizes players who spend on the game & I've only looked at some alliances to see they have the same problem happening.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    This I understand, the rankings never shows the alliance total...We was at over 1.5 million influence 2 days ago and people have been upgrading how we are at 800K in 2 days ...the rankings have always been a mystery and never really shows what an alliance has at any given time. How do you go down 200K while the members TH go up?
    Last edited by <TEK>BluesLady; 03-23-2014 at 04:45 AM. Reason: bad English

Quote Originally Posted by <TEK>BluesLady View Post
    This I understand, the rankings never shows the alliance total...We was at over 1.5 million influence 2 days ago and people have been upgrading how we are at 800K in 2 days ...the rankings have always been a mystery and never really shows what an alliance has at any given time. How do you go down 200K while the members TH go up?
    Over a week ago before we had a few members upgrade their Town Halls more. Before that our true influence would have been around 1.5M. We had taken a few attacks & in the ranks it was down to around 1.42M. The ranks were showing the true amounts. They have been screwed up the most by players upgrading their Town Halls when they haven't been on full influence. The ranks are looking at a false amount of influence in the alliances by those gaps that are created when players upgrade are never being filled because then the player is back to full influence & can't gain more for the ranks.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    I've got no idea whether or not this is something that's broken. What I find perplexing is that anybody cares. What difference does it make?

gems we don't have is why ...We got 20 gems a day in closed now we don't so looking for Gems anywhere we can get them

Fine, then leave another part of the game broken if that's what you think. Anyone who wants gems can buy them.

not if on a fixed income Blade and I am

Dawnseeker
    We'll check into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    We'll check into this.
    Here's a perfect example for you to check. I went off on my own & started a new alliance. Currently I'm on 144,720 influence, my alliance influence shows 12,500. The next alliance above me shows 12,500 influence for their alliance too & their actual influence for their city level is 12,500.

Reapers (REP) is currently showing 14,440. I thought it was showing 88k yesterday. Blade, the sole member, was at full 145k influence both times I checked.

Another possibility - there may be two (or more) influences:
    • One determines when you get ported. This is what you see when you Check Profile. It regenerates fairly quickly.
    • The other determines production and Alliance Ranking. This is hidden and regenerates much, much more slowly.

I liked "Guild" better than "Alliance", probably just because it was easier to type quickly.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by <T.K>LittleJon View Post
    I've got no idea whether or not this is something that's broken. What I find perplexing is that anybody cares. What difference does it make?
    Of course it matters.
    So much of the diplomacy on a realm is informed by the relative strengths of an alliance - the rest is down to the actions and attitudes of the alliance's members and leaders. If a bug screws an alliance out of a rank then it influences how they are seen by other alliances and players, and can have significant effect on their diplomacy with both friends and enemies.