Thread: Players in beginners protection

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

Players in beginners protection

Why are players in beginners protection able to have a negative effect on a city. This is not fair. If a player is in beginners protection I don't feel they should be able to have any kind of effect against others since you can't retalliate back.

Spartacus
    This is a good suggestion. We’ve noted it and thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by cockrell.raymond_5829783 View Post
    Why are players in beginners protection able to have a negative effect on a city. This is not fair. If a player is in beginners protection I don't feel they should be able to have any kind of effect against others since you can't retalliate back.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    What about the related issue of people (often inactive/quit) out of any guild? I guess that's by design, but still curious. A guildless person would be easy to kick out by dropping influence, though. That is a workable game mechanic(rule).

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    I agree, people under BP shouldn't have a negative influence on your production. I now have a city around me near Rome that was created just to hold the spot and keep us from getting it. I forget how long BP is now but i have to put up with it there dragging down my production.

Secondly what do you think about if a player ports on a yellow square to get the benefits of an HC, they automatically come out of BP? HC's are supposed to be war zones, shouldn't allow people in BP to take up the war zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarusalt9_401082 View Post
    I agree, people under BP shouldn't have a negative influence on your production. I now have a city around me near Rome that was created just to hold the spot and keep us from getting it. I forget how long BP is now but i have to put up with it there dragging down my production.

Secondly what do you think about if a player ports on a yellow square to get the benefits of an HC, they automatically come out of BP? HC's are supposed to be war zones, shouldn't allow people in BP to take up the war zone.
    I like that idea. Good point, Icarusalt.

The guild is making noob placeholder accounts because the players they had in 5 gem locations near Rome were not mighty enough to hold their ground against our onslaught. Marcos at 1,429,351 and Maya at 1,426,360 are being used as placeholders. This is another example of why any player cities in a 5 gem location should be instantly removed from beginner protection; if not now, in the beta, then certainly later when the game goes live.