Thread: Improvements Needed

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

Improvements Needed

This is my opinions on the needed improvements for this version of a Evony named game.

This game needs to give us a second city, that we can lose.(with option to claim or port). Without loss, real loss, this game will not keep people playing. It lacks any real loss. Resources come and go, its evony, it always has. But loss of a city, would be great. Also, a second city would cut back on useless alt overflow.

A second city will also keep players longer than they will stay now, once buildings are maxed out. What's the point of playing other than to do meaningless attacks? An extra city to build up each time you claimed it was great in other versions of evony.

A Second city would give more storage spaces, increasing 8mil to 16mil on one account. Also replacing alts use for extra storages to save up for more expensive builds.

We should be able to have two academies (take off speed up on troop upgrades), and be able to learn in both, not individual troop upgrades per city, each troop upgrade would count for both cities, or any new cities claimed with academy level high enough.

Barracks need to have manual double speed , troop training is only done when people are online.

Barracks need to be fixed so there is not so many "saboteur accidents" on refresh. When your resources are constantly unstable on a refresh, it makes the unknown hard to deal with all the time. When it repeatedly happens. Maybe it is caused by lack of memory or draining on your servers and not updating the game properly in real time. But needs to be fixed also.

Build times need to be shorter, or guild help needs to last longer. Guild help needs to be fixed, so we don't get 6hours of speed up on a 1hour build for example. A cancel button would be good also or an option to not click the speed ups.

Walls need to be cheaper, 1mil gold is a great range for lvl10 walls. Since they can be taken out so easily with grunts, wizards and elephants. This would at least make the wall upgrades worth doing honestly instead of finding a in-game glitch or worse yet, a hack to mess with the actual game coding to be able to get that much gold. This would not be needed if there was a second city with more storage capacity for one account.

Builder houses are not needed, we know how many workers we have by the builder number at the top of the screen. If it is time limit per battle ratio compared to how many buildings they need to walk through, that shouldn't matter. If a city is going to get wiped, a two hit building is not going to slow it down. This will cut back on bad feedback about expanding time limits.

Make more decor, for ex. higher costing goods decor and lower costing Gold decor, or more of both.

Or a bank icon, with a limit, basically replacing decor and the space it requires on screen completely. This would just need to be a basic popup window with gold and goods input and output boxes.

Campaigns need the easy and medium levels a bit harder or the early maps actually worth the resources to do them. Only the last map is worth doing for resources now.

Quests should be gone once a player reaches a certain commander level or TH level, or raise the rewards from them. Make that useless icon and window useful or get rid of it altogether for the bank icon.

Make more invasions, just copy the first set of waves and add more troops or stronger troops. This will give players maybe the odd free gem, and let them have a chance to see the benefit of gem use, showing them why they should spend real coin on this game.

Guilds need to be able to have more hostiles and maybe a few more allies in war reports, not much point in allies though in a war game. If you are worried about attacking an ally in a match, they should take it as a lesson of what to build up on next. Incentive to get stronger and expose their weaknesses to them.

Transport system would be great between members, a small pop up box, name to name and an amount of two choices, gold and goods. This will cut back on alt use also, since now alts are the fastest, easiest and only way to transport goods amongst a guild. Unless you constantly drop guild, no one wants to be outside of their guild for this purpose.

Or a community guild bank, that would keep track of who has donated and amounts taken by who. I think the transport window would be easy and quicker.

Attacks need to be seen in Guild Chat again, without them, we do not have any warning of invasion on members. We can't see our members activity. It was good with the plunder, damage and destroyed Guild Chat messages. Plus with the new war reports, it would be perfect.

Give all generals at least one working ability, that do not have one now. This will cut back on bad feedback and give more options to draw new and old players in with.

Spartacus should not be given out, it should be earned as it is one of the best and we all know it already. So there is huge incentive to buy gems to speed up things, to get it quicker to be the strongest.

Or, take powers off of generals, adjust the game for the defence and attack ratios required with the powers being gone. have items that you can win from things(ex. cards, daily quick spin on a wheel, port so many cities, so many plunders, buy with gems....), for powers during battles.

The honor ratio system does not seem right to me, but I have not quite figured out how it is supposed to work. Sometimes I get 2 honor from a city, but lose almost 20 or so from a match loss. I understand that you want players to play more, they will do that on their own for resources. Make it at least a minimum of a 50% for whatever you can lose.

Speaker Items that were in Age1 would be great for Realm Chat again, it made realm chat worth using, instead of seeing bullsh*t all the time. Also incentive for players to be in a guild instead of on their own. Speakers for Group mail would be great too

or replace the speaker items with the cost of so much gold or goods to talk in RC or group mail. I think 50k goods is a good price for a group mail or Realm chat banter.

The Age1 group mailing system was 100% better than this versions'. Guild mail just turns into an overloaded chat window. Important messages are swept away too much from everyone being able to reply. It should always be at the top of the page. No one but a higher up, Host, VH, & Presbyter should be able to reply or send a group mail.

2 Vice Hosts would be better from the start. Presbyters should be at least able to recruit and accept players.

Stick with one type of design, not Elysian Towers and wizards and futuristic buildings clashed with renaissance. This is evony, cannons, ATs, Catapults, ballista and crossbows were perfect, arrows and cannonballs. The more detailed you get and objects constantly moving on screen is only appealing at the start. Until you realize that it is just one major system drain for most. Keep it simple for less crashes and more players that have weaker PCs a chance to play(and possibly spend on).

Most important of all, and this goes without saying, but I will say it. The players that use and exploit the actual glitches in the beta game are wrong. But are not as bad as outside hacks being used. Finding in-game faults are actually testing beta. But creating or using outside-game hacks (third party...programs...or whatever is used) to make yourself better. Because you lack the intelligence to advance in a simple game following the restrictions of the actual game coding. But somehow have enough brains to find and use a hack.

Tampering with any coding of the game to alter it is completely wrong and needs to be dealt with more than anything. This takes away from the game and makes other decent players not want to play, resulting in a loss of payers...I mean players.
    This is just some of the improvements that come to mind right now . A second city and security of hacks are top priorities, that I see to make this game worth spending a dime of real cash on.

Thanks for your time if you read this. This is just my opinions and would appreciate only helpful feedback plz.
    Any other improvements? add away

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    The ability to sort menus by title would be phenominal in Guild. Sort by online status, sort by donations, sort by contributions, sort by rank, sort by level. The list is there, Just let us sort it as we need it! PLEASE this would benefit managing guilds greatly.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by <ASM>NefariousFool View Post
    The ability to sort menus by title would be phenominal in Guild. Sort by online status, sort by donations, sort by contributions, sort by rank, sort by level. The list is there, Just let us sort it as we need it! PLEASE this would benefit managing guilds greatly.
    Yes, Yes, YES!

Someone did this on a table somewhere 10 years ago. Now, any tabular data that doesn't implement this feature is annoying and wrong. Many (most now?) table programming libraries will have the option to implement this automatically. It should really be very little work. Even if it has to be implemented manually, it's fairly trivial, but it makes a huge difference in whether the finished product has a production feel, or a cheap hacked-together feel.
    Last edited by <TLS>Seganku; 03-04-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Allen's Avatar
    You've done a very good job! NeptunesDingo! Thank you! Very constructive ideas! We have remarked these and will discuss and select which parts will be fulfilled gradually in the future. Thank you!

I thank you Allen for the quick reply to this thread....I have a new more important fix for this Open Beta, the recruitment setup is not good at all. this open invites and letting your guild be flooded with unknowns and booting all the time, is annoying. The old apply and approve was great, it was the invite all for recruiting that was garbage before. not the rest of the setup...

I would like to add that its very discouraging when you do a revenge for a member and the alliance you revenged against thier player can continuely hit you without you able to hit them back because they are out of range for you but not for them I have spent almost $200 so far here and they fact that 1 person out of range could come in and totally plunder it away and you have NO way to defend yourself makes me NOT want to stay and play let alone spent any money here its a waste at least in evony you got the control you can defend your city and work your alliance can defend you as it stands the game is a waste

we need more gold decoration to save gold for bigger upgrades as its difficult to get 500 k gold store to make first decoration in gold . can you make gold decoration similar to the resources one maybe start with 100 k gold if not 50 k as with resources . waiting for 3 days to get town up but the gold get used / plundered by a bigger player & its asks too many gems

New Comers
    Decor Services in Ludhiana is admirable.