Thread: Please explain area splash in detail

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

Please explain area splash in detail

Several units provide damage by area splash.

I can grasp, that more troops can be hit by the same splash. But I like to know:

1) How big an area is hit? Does it depend on unit type?
    2) Does the damage depend on distance from center of hit on ground?
    3) How can specifications on damage be interpreted?

Example 1. Saboteur 2* provides damage of 230. A lv. 5 wall has a hitrate of 16800. How can a wall be destroyed?

Example 2. A lv.3 trap has a damage of 6000. Can it kill two Armored Grunts with hitrate of 3600 each? Will trap reload?

Example 3. A lv.4 bomb has a damage pr. second of 260. Will this bomb be able to kill a troop with hitpoint of 300? Can a bomb go of more times during a fight?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    I have actually been wondering about that one myself. Half of the things do not do the damage it says they do. The old battering ram used to automatically destroy a wall segment if they were killed while attacking one. The saboteurs "destroy" buildings when no wall is actually present, but upon releasing other troops, they go to the "destroyed" building to finish the job. The mechanics of splash damage are weird, I know that much.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by <ROO>Meeseeks View Post
    The saboteurs "destroy" buildings when no wall is actually present, but upon releasing other troops, they go to the "destroyed" building to finish the job. The mechanics of splash damage are weird, I know that much.
    Sab's don't actually destroy the building they damage it by blowing up a section of the building. If you watch the progress bar above the building you will see that it's not completely destroyed.