Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The end of heroes arena??

New Comers

Exclamation The end of heroes arena??

I realized that more than two months ago they do not update the game, please an update for the new season, this game is legend, do not let it die. :'(

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Betty said the developers took a defensive way towards new content, so they are not currently updating the game for now.
    She said the servers will stay up since the cost is relatively low, but there aren't going to be new contents so soon.
    I just hope it is temporary, it would be definitely sad to see this game die.
    It has so much potential.
    If actively managed, with regular updates and events, and also bug fixes, I'd say it would be one of the best out there in this category. There are heroes that can't be acquired with the in-game currency and that is frustrating.
    It would be necessary new modes, skins, characters, balancement. 60fps would also be nice. But it would be definitely worth it. I guess it is the only one with each character having 5 skills (including the passive).
    Too bad the number of player is getting lower everyday. Fighting bots is not that exciting.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    in-game currency to acquire heroes? do you know why the game is going to die? not enough financial support

The another moba, The King of Glory, china based moba, it earned 6 billion RMB in 2016, earned 14.8 billion RMB in the 1st half in 2017 according to the news in 2017. I try to game recently, I just wait for 3 seconds to start rank game at 4am.

The players love the game, and pay for the game

I paid at least US$250 for buying heroes and skins for Heroes Arena. What did you guys do?

Maybe people spend money on it because they think it is worth it.
    I don't know the game you mentioned, but maybe it has events, new contents, reworks every once in a while? Maybe it didn't got stuck in the time? Maybe it has unique features that other games doesn't have?
    Heroes Arena could be a game like that nowadays. It was once. Unfortunately, it is not anymore.

I've been an active player since S2, I guess. Got a 115 level account. No, I didn't spend money on the game. I could, but I didn't think I should. Not my fault the game is dying though \_(ツ)_/

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    What myself and others I know that play or have played is that although its a good looking game, very smooth, and good choice of heroes the greed factor by ucool kinda killed it. The last big push they did with updates and new stuff although cool their prices were ridiculously high especially compared to some of the other top moba's out there for example in Mobile Legends, AoV, and Heroes Evolved you could pay $10-15 worth of in game currency and buy any character new or old... in this game its just pure sad sad sad greed because you had to spend almost $40-50 to have enough crystals to buy 1 of the new characters and that's just sad and insane and from that and that alone doomed the game to fail. And I know some are thinking but wait the game has coins to buy characters but ummm no the company made it where you could not buy any of the new characters for at least a couple months after they came out and the gold prices were ridiculously high especially considering the low amount the game gave us for daily task and winning matches. Another thing is that even the big moba's give stuff for free to incentivize the players and some are quite generous in doing so but this game gave almost nothing away to f2p players. So in conclusion basically just like so many other games with lots of potential the people who ran it got way to greedy and money hungry (and in this case was too soon before the game really got a chance to take off) and ruined a good thing because of their high prices and poor marketing skills. Sad but true cause I like the game I think it has potential to be right up there with mobile legends and the hero handling and reaction is prob the smoothest ive ever played. Oh well the only thing we can hope to come of this is that the developers and personal running this thing learned a lesson with their ridiculous and unnessesary lust for money... but I doubt it.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Greed is what ruined this game the prices are ridiculously high and to top it off when they decided to abandon it and move on they decided to make a money trap for the last character released and took him off the hero buying screen and put him in the spin the wheel aka not available cause you could spend 50k in crystals and you still wouldn't land on him... now that's shady and underhanded. Sad cause there were ppl saving up to buy him and right before a lot had the currency they did that.

That and every time they brought out a new character it would be ridiculously overpowered and strong and as soon as they felt they had squeezed enough $$ out of they would nerf that character into the ground making it weak and sad and right away they would introduce a new powerful character and they did this over and over but seriously $40-45 for every new character was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutzdeep View Post
    What myself and others I know that play or have played is that although its a good looking game, very smooth, and good choice of heroes the greed factor by ucool kinda killed it. The last big push they did with updates and new stuff although cool their prices were ridiculously high especially compared to some of the other top moba's out there for example in Mobile Legends, AoV, and Heroes Evolved you could pay $10-15 worth of in game currency and buy any character new or old... in this game its just pure sad sad sad greed because you had to spend almost $40-50 to have enough crystals to buy 1 of the new characters and that's just sad and insane and from that and that alone doomed the game to fail. And I know some are thinking but wait the game has coins to buy characters but ummm no the company made it where you could not buy any of the new characters for at least a couple months after they came out and the gold prices were ridiculously high especially considering the low amount the game gave us for daily task and winning matches. Another thing is that even the big moba's give stuff for free to incentivize the players and some are quite generous in doing so but this game gave almost nothing away to f2p players. So in conclusion basically just like so many other games with lots of potential the people who ran it got way to greedy and money hungry (and in this case was too soon before the game really got a chance to take off) and ruined a good thing because of their high prices and poor marketing skills. Sad but true cause I like the game I think it has potential to be right up there with mobile legends and the hero handling and reaction is prob the smoothest ive ever played. Oh well the only thing we can hope to come of this is that the developers and personal running this thing learned a lesson with their ridiculous and unnessesary lust for money... but I doubt it.
    100% agree with you

I agree 100% with you. Any person with a little bit of common sense can realize that what you stated is true and is the reason why the game is dead. Even the avatar frame from the new ranked season hasnt been updated. Still S9.

May I know how much money you guys spent for Heroes Arena?

Then, we will know why Heroes Arena has no update

New Comers
    This game makes plenty of money. They have new content coming. Yes skins need to drop to a more reasonable price. But I know people who still buy them. A lot of people. No way this game dies over money.
    Last edited by Doggfather1; 02-04-2019 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Misspells

New Comers
    I agreed. The fact that characters like Hippolyta and Minotaur are locked behind master shards is infuriating. Even Arena of Valor gives you the option to buy the newest characters with your hard-earn in-game currency. This is just as bad as Legacy Wars locking behind their new characters through a paywall that forces you to pay actual money.😑

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    So true! I got so much coins in this game but they removed the diamond rewards and replaced it with tickets on the roulette. Now the only way to get diamonds is to buy them lol! I ain't paying for a game that feels like I'm playing with bots and doesn't update often. I only play this to have an excuse to avoid social interactions in real life hahaha! It's hella easy too, a casual game gives me an ending stat of 40 kills, 0 deaths and something assist lololol!!