Thread: Balance suggestions from God tier player with 1+years experience

Balance suggestions from God tier player with 1+years experience

CONCERN OVER GAME BALANCE - proposed nerfs on forums are NOT CORRECT and do not reflect top level play.

Hi, I recently created a forum account to address posts about nerfs and balance changes, but I am unable to activate my forum account (did not receive an activation email).

I have been playing the game for over a year, currently god tier and considered the top Kors/Skorn player on the server. I have put a lot of time into this, so I hope my opinions and suggestions from top level play are useful.

1. SKORN DOES NOT NEED A NERF.
    Skorn is a very well designed and balanced champion. He does NOT need a nerf.
    - 2nd ability: In the description, Skorn should be able to reset dash with filled rage bar.
    - Currently, only 2 dashes are possible.
    - Skorn is easily shut down by CC and slows. His dash ability is interruptible - very balanced interaction.
    - Up to 4 dashes can be cast in succession, but this is very inconsistent.
    - There is also a DELAY ~0.5-1s between casting one dash and the 2nd dash - compare this to Namida or Monica, who can dash RAPIDLY in succession. This causes delayed interactions
    - The dash is interruptible with enemy CC (e.g samanosuke, monica stun, sylwis ultimate = BALANCED)
    - Skorn players who use a full rage bar wisely should be able to dash more than 2 times.

THANK YOU NOTE: Several months ago, Skorn was bugged due to the dash (2nd ability) failing to reset - it was impossible to cast dash 2x. I had emailed about this and was very impressed by the fix you guys made in the following patch/update. Well done guys.

The pure damage health cost of his 3rd ability ('Furor') is a SIGNIFICANT risk, and takes 2-3 bars of his health to use. I also notice that 'Furor' should cost '15% of CURRENT health' - this is not the case. When I am on 2-3 bars of HP, the 2nd ability will bring me down to 1 hp. The 15% is taken off max health and not current health. This is a problem when fighting on low health - casting the ability brings health dangerously low. Please update the health cost so that it truly is '15% of CURRENT health' (costs less health when on low health).
    - There is a bug/delay between casting 3rd ability and Skorn auto attack. This is due to the 3rd ability auto animation. Please fix this so the auto is immediately after activating 3rd ability.

In summary, Skorn is very easy to kite, is prone to cc, slow abilities and ranged champions. He excels as a pusher and duelist. Further, to kill an enemy he requires DAMAGE items, and is therefore a squishy warrior early on.

2. KORS

Summary: Fix bugs, increase damage of 1st ability, give him sustain, make him turn direction faster (for pushing enemies in right direction).

Make Kors a balanced initiator with improved DAMAGE POTENTIAL. Currently, Kors hits like a pussy, and doesn't benefit from lifesteal, crit modifiers at all.

- Kors was nerfed SEVERLY many months ago, and has seen HARDLY ANY PLAY since.
    - For example, removal of lifesteal, removal of crit %. These should all be reconsidered as stats for Kors to use to make him VIABLE again.
    - Games now last longer. The need for scaling in these longer games was also a nerf to Kors, while buffing mages.
    - He is currently in a confused role - Tank? Initiator? Advancer?
    - - No sustain, frequent recalls are needed. 1st ability needs a damage boost or lifesteal % (as before). Perhaps add crit % modifier to 1st ability but with 25% reduced crit damage? Kors needs more benefit from lifesteal and crit rate, so he can scale better.
    - Extremely BUGGED. With a full charge bar, Kors pushes enemies in the direction he is running. When a champion is in melee range, Kors will often auto attack instead of pushing and become 'stuck'. Unable to move, standing still, get killed.
    - BUG - 2nd ability does not remove CC such as chilling smite, Olivia slow, Xenna ultimate
    - Turning speed is too slow. Kors turns too slowly, meaning he will push enemies in the wrong direction. Please increase turning speed to improve the accuracy of pushing enemies around.

- Forced to build health/defense items, JUST TO SURVIVE the initial engagement on enemies. Even with full defense builds, Kors scales poorly into mid-late game: Bad tank, no damage.
    - There is very little reward for successfully pushing enemies - with minimal armor, enemies suffer hardly any damage.
    - When Kors is viable again, players must learn to counter him effectively (stacking CC, slows, juking his pushes). As his 2nd ability is on a long cooldown, he will be viable and balanced vs intelligent players.

3. FIORINA

- Only nerf required is for turrets to deal more damage to her plants.
    - At early levels, fiorina can use plants to tank 4-5 tower hits. Otherwise, she is a balanced champion.
    - People must learn not to fight when she has multiple plants spawned

4. NAMIDA

- Namida is an extremely volatile champion with zero counterplay and extreme sustain due to passive lifesteal.
    - Zero counterplay: Unable to engage namida due to counterstrike ability, which stuns and allows her to one shot enemies/bring them to 20% hp. Dashes and marks give her chase potential to finish off enemies on low HP from the initial nuke.
    - Compare the mechanics of namida's counterstrike with Skarlet's counterstrike spell - similar principles but Namida is a more mobile, higher damage, better cc and superior version of Namida

5. DOCTOR ABOMINA

- Rework of abilities required.
    - 3rd ability is high CD and stuns him (unless casting 2nd ability shortly after). 3rd ability restores very little mana and has little effect on magic lifesteal
    - 2nd ability very poorly designed - often prioritises minions over enemy champions. Needs a rework to improve consistency. At the very least, please make the fling prioritise champions if he is in range.

- Base movement speed needs increased, OR 2nd ability movespeed % needs buffed. Doc Abomina is rarely able to get close to champions with high movespeed, dashes, CC, ranged abilities without dying. Further, the 2nd ability is extremely hard to land.
    - The only ACTIVE spell Doc Abomina has is the 2nd ability (fling). I would suggest a rework to give him another active ability (dash, aoe slow/damage).

Thank you for reading this long list of suggestions, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Hopefully I have demonstrated some important points for consideration. Please, please, bring Kors back to a viable state!

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL KORS View Post
    CONCERN OVER GAME BALANCE - proposed nerfs on forums are NOT CORRECT and do not reflect top level play.

Hi, I recently created a forum account to address posts about nerfs and balance changes, but I am unable to activate my forum account (did not receive an activation email).

I have been playing the game for over a year, currently god tier and considered the top Kors/Skorn player on the server. I have put a lot of time into this, so I hope my opinions and suggestions from top level play are useful.

1. SKORN DOES NOT NEED A NERF.
    Skorn is a very well designed and balanced champion. He does NOT need a nerf.
    - 2nd ability: In the description, Skorn should be able to reset dash with filled rage bar.
    - Currently, only 2 dashes are possible.
    - Skorn is easily shut down by CC and slows. His dash ability is interruptible - very balanced interaction.
    - Up to 4 dashes can be cast in succession, but this is very inconsistent.
    - There is also a DELAY ~0.5-1s between casting one dash and the 2nd dash - compare this to Namida or Monica, who can dash RAPIDLY in succession. This causes delayed interactions
    - The dash is interruptible with enemy CC (e.g samanosuke, monica stun, sylwis ultimate = BALANCED)
    - Skorn players who use a full rage bar wisely should be able to dash more than 2 times.

THANK YOU NOTE: Several months ago, Skorn was bugged due to the dash (2nd ability) failing to reset - it was impossible to cast dash 2x. I had emailed about this and was very impressed by the fix you guys made in the following patch/update. Well done guys.

The pure damage health cost of his 3rd ability ('Furor') is a SIGNIFICANT risk, and takes 2-3 bars of his health to use. I also notice that 'Furor' should cost '15% of CURRENT health' - this is not the case. When I am on 2-3 bars of HP, the 2nd ability will bring me down to 1 hp. The 15% is taken off max health and not current health. This is a problem when fighting on low health - casting the ability brings health dangerously low. Please update the health cost so that it truly is '15% of CURRENT health' (costs less health when on low health).
    - There is a bug/delay between casting 3rd ability and Skorn auto attack. This is due to the 3rd ability auto animation. Please fix this so the auto is immediately after activating 3rd ability.

In summary, Skorn is very easy to kite, is prone to cc, slow abilities and ranged champions. He excels as a pusher and duelist. Further, to kill an enemy he requires DAMAGE items, and is therefore a squishy warrior early on.

2. KORS

Summary: Fix bugs, increase damage of 1st ability, give him sustain, make him turn direction faster (for pushing enemies in right direction).

Make Kors a balanced initiator with improved DAMAGE POTENTIAL. Currently, Kors hits like a pussy, and doesn't benefit from lifesteal, crit modifiers at all.

- Kors was nerfed SEVERLY many months ago, and has seen HARDLY ANY PLAY since.
    - For example, removal of lifesteal, removal of crit %. These should all be reconsidered as stats for Kors to use to make him VIABLE again.
    - Games now last longer. The need for scaling in these longer games was also a nerf to Kors, while buffing mages.
    - He is currently in a confused role - Tank? Initiator? Advancer?
    - - No sustain, frequent recalls are needed. 1st ability needs a damage boost or lifesteal % (as before). Perhaps add crit % modifier to 1st ability but with 25% reduced crit damage? Kors needs more benefit from lifesteal and crit rate, so he can scale better.
    - Extremely BUGGED. With a full charge bar, Kors pushes enemies in the direction he is running. When a champion is in melee range, Kors will often auto attack instead of pushing and become 'stuck'. Unable to move, standing still, get killed.
    - BUG - 2nd ability does not remove CC such as chilling smite, Olivia slow, Xenna ultimate
    - Turning speed is too slow. Kors turns too slowly, meaning he will push enemies in the wrong direction. Please increase turning speed to improve the accuracy of pushing enemies around.

- Forced to build health/defense items, JUST TO SURVIVE the initial engagement on enemies. Even with full defense builds, Kors scales poorly into mid-late game: Bad tank, no damage.
    - There is very little reward for successfully pushing enemies - with minimal armor, enemies suffer hardly any damage.
    - When Kors is viable again, players must learn to counter him effectively (stacking CC, slows, juking his pushes). As his 2nd ability is on a long cooldown, he will be viable and balanced vs intelligent players.

3. FIORINA

- Only nerf required is for turrets to deal more damage to her plants.
    - At early levels, fiorina can use plants to tank 4-5 tower hits. Otherwise, she is a balanced champion.
    - People must learn not to fight when she has multiple plants spawned

4. NAMIDA

- Namida is an extremely volatile champion with zero counterplay and extreme sustain due to passive lifesteal.
    - Zero counterplay: Unable to engage namida due to counterstrike ability, which stuns and allows her to one shot enemies/bring them to 20% hp. Dashes and marks give her chase potential to finish off enemies on low HP from the initial nuke.
    - Compare the mechanics of namida's counterstrike with Skarlet's counterstrike spell - similar principles but Namida is a more mobile, higher damage, better cc and superior version of Namida

5. DOCTOR ABOMINA

- Rework of abilities required.
    - 3rd ability is high CD and stuns him (unless casting 2nd ability shortly after). 3rd ability restores very little mana and has little effect on magic lifesteal
    - 2nd ability very poorly designed - often prioritises minions over enemy champions. Needs a rework to improve consistency. At the very least, please make the fling prioritise champions if he is in range.

- Base movement speed needs increased, OR 2nd ability movespeed % needs buffed. Doc Abomina is rarely able to get close to champions with high movespeed, dashes, CC, ranged abilities without dying. Further, the 2nd ability is extremely hard to land.
    - The only ACTIVE spell Doc Abomina has is the 2nd ability (fling). I would suggest a rework to give him another active ability (dash, aoe slow/damage).

Thank you for reading this long list of suggestions, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Hopefully I have demonstrated some important points for consideration. Please, please, bring Kors back to a viable state!
    Dear Player
    Thank you for your detailed feedback. We will forward this post to our production team. Thank you.

Best Regards
    Betty

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Dear Player
    Thank you for your detailed feedback. We will forward this post to our production team. Thank you.

Best Regards
    Betty

zzzzz Dont take that topic in consideration, skorn and fiora are EXTREMALLY OP, kors is totally balanced... who knows how to play with him can win a game alone.

skorn can enter in a turret and solo every mage or adc in that game... he can recover ALL HP just using one skill...

Fiorina can take down turrets alone without minions.... plants have to be reduced damage...

That guy who creates that topic must be main skorn to do a awnful topic like that...

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensato View Post
    zzzzz Dont take that topic in consideration, skorn and fiora are EXTREMALLY OP, kors is totally balanced... who knows how to play with him can win a game alone.

skorn can enter in a turret and solo every mage or adc in that game... he can recover ALL HP just using one skill...

Fiorina can take down turrets alone without minions.... plants have to be reduced damage...

That guy who creates that topic must be main skorn to do a awnful topic like that...
    Dear Player
    Thank you. Our production team told us that usually we check the win rate on specific ranks first before we made any changes. If a hero's win rate is already very high, we will not do anything to further strengthen it. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensato View Post

(no nerf) kors is a really strong hero just takes getting use to.
    (slight nerf to HP?) Skorn is in a good spot, but the people who know how to build him and use him make him too much to handle in a 1v3.
    (change plant HP?) Florina, as she is now, she is fine. I think its the enemy team's fault for not making sure she doesn't take towers solo.
    ""That guy who creates that topic must be main skorn "" i agree, its like he states that he is a skorn main.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Fiorina plants shouldnt do any damage to structures like towers or nexus.Drop 2 plants plus the buff (2 skill) in the middle on the enemy nexus and you won the game, cant be hitted by melees (and you dont see them)