Thread: War of Gods Legend Advice

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

Post War of Gods Legend Advice

Hi all

I've only starting taking WoG more seriously this month and am trying to hit legend. I don't spend money and my heroes aren't particularly highly trained so I'm working on that bit by bit.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of material online with any write-ups or videos, so I was hoping to get some general advice for WoG, other than "pay money on heroes/skins" that is.

Any general good synergies for team set ups or any good counters to typical teams or heroes would be particularly useful. Some examples:
    * What is a good master mage set up these days
    * Is Rabit still the go-to for countering most MM set ups/any other good heroes/compositions to use?
    * Counter to Arcane Sapper (but really any meta hero, skin or without)?
    I know Time Soldier is particularly good vs Turtle for example for stopping the initial roll.

I've been lucky enough with my opponents to reach rank 25, 0 stars on a win streak, but can see it all falling apart from here.

To help out here's some info on some of my heroes:

Skins:
    I only have TF, DM and TP. Have trials for just about all of the rest so happy to use these if these are likely needed.

I have 12k GT coins and 663 Almighty SS.

My stronger heroes that are not 5*:
    Hero Star Progress Training Comment
    Halberd Master 4* 36/150 ~98% trained Missing some Crit
    Hercules 4* 138/150 ~35% trained hoping to farm rest of his stones from World Boss when he appears but happy to use Almighty SS if worth it to get legend
    Shadow Reaper 4* 0/100 40% trained
    Time Soldier 3* 20/100 ~35% trained
    Imperial Marshal 3* 22/100 ~10% trained Will be 40/100 once log-in rewards finish
    Poison Fang 4* 0/150 Not trained
    Flywheel Heroine 2* 41/50 Not trained Will be 3* with sign-in tomorrow

Notable heroes that I'm missing (as well as missing any VIP11/paid exclusives):
    Matchless Hammer (farming whenever I see him in World Boss)
    Nine-tailed Fox
    Chaos Doctor (think I've seen him used in MM set ups)

Gold Member Contributor Level 6

Such a great feature in a Forum without active Moderators. Thank you ucool!

Thanks Lyph, as usual your contributions are super helpful.

Learning that TH was a counter to MM was a godsend. I ended up using half of my almighty SS and some coins from shops to send Halberd and Hercules to 5*; Time Solder, Poison Fang and Imperial Marshal to 4*. That and using skin trials for Cleric, AS, Commando, Chemist and Emberstar. So hit first time legend! - massive thanks again.