Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Open Beta Coming Soon

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    do we actually hav a date yet?

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    any incentives planned for all us closed beta ppl who have invested time, effort and feedback?

wow gonna stand out on a limb here.
    i love the game its addictive its fun it makes an alliance work together so even a coiner wud be beaten by a good alliance.
    yes it has bugs, its a beta, yes its gonna be reset, its a beta. jus keep it so there is no incentive for any one to bot please.
    this has a nice balance and feel to it, look forward to see where we go from here.
    i dont need incentives, i need a fair platform to work from.
    Manta

Dawnseeker
    Quote Originally Posted by <AVE>Manta View Post
    wow gonna stand out on a limb here.
    i love the game its addictive its fun it makes an alliance work together so even a coiner wud be beaten by a good alliance.
    yes it has bugs, its a beta, yes its gonna be reset, its a beta. jus keep it so there is no incentive for any one to bot please.
    this has a nice balance and feel to it, look forward to see where we go from here.
    i dont need incentives, i need a fair platform to work from.
    Manta
    That is our goal as well. An even battlefield.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    That is our goal as well. An even battlefield.
    Does this mean OTHER heroes, asside from sparticus are going to be active at the "live" launch? Whatever day that is? I think having some defensive functional heroes would make a HUGE difference on the battlefield besides just sparticus. Having taken both Beowulf and Maximus off the playing field for newer players is even MORE of an unbalanced issue that will be addressed with server reset.

I just want to get the reset over and done with at this point. As great as it is to see my builds finish i have going now, its also disheartening to know that when they finish that same day they'll be wiped. Is there an actual date yet? Was it moved? so many questions.. so many unknowns... hey lets keep playing and finding broken stuff to whine about so we have a better game in the end!

See you on the field !

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Just out of curiosity, what do people insist on calling this a live launch? The announcement was for a wipe before switch from closed Beta to open Beta, not from Beta to live...

I think they are saying live because you can purchase gems.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    I started using live launch because dawnseeker had called it the "live open beta launch" THUS the term live has never stopped.

Fair enough, we will just blame Dawnseeker then. LOL

How about an update - any closer guess as to exactly WHEN you are going to reset/restart - and - is the URL going to change?

With all this talk of wiping the data in the data to get the server on an equal playing field, the team behind this must know when this is happening. Could they let us beta testers know when this will be? We are all guessing when it is but it would be nice to know when this will be happening because then our hosts can re-set up our guilds and have plans to come back together again. Some of the guilds have formed good guild relationships and would like to continue in our guilds on here. You guys who are doing all of this behind the scenes must know when you have a time and date on when you want to go live. Can you let us know also... please... pretty please....

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    One thing that would be nice, and help even things out, is to allow your troops to participate in defending your city. If troops are at home, sitting there, they should be defending the city! It would make attacks much more interesting.

And also any remaining troops you send out to battle for them to be back in your barracks once a battle has happened. Having to rebuild any troops which are used but dont die in battle is a right pain, my only real complaint about game play for individual players.

Will the open beta server go live before or after the weekend I wonder? After all the 10 days (or one and a half week as the devs said it) is soon up...

Quote Originally Posted by <XWX>Linoge View Post
    One thing that would be nice, and help even things out, is to allow your troops to participate in defending your city. If troops are at home, sitting there, they should be defending the city! It would make attacks much more interesting.
    I see it as if troops participated in defense all that would happen is players would use alt accounts to spam attack you and kill all your troops. The game design is that you are not supposed to have to play 7x24 as with Age I, so you can start troop builds, log off, come back an hour later with the expectation that you can play for 15 mins and have troops waiting for you. If troops took part if defense, you would come back to no troops, have to start a build again, and again, and so on, and be right back to a 7x24 game. No thank you.

This is why I suggested a 3rd battle mode, an online challenge fight, where both people are using troops and you can choose if your troops are attacking or defending, but letting people just kill off your troops I think would be a bad thing.