Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Beta Coming Soon

Beta Reset

With the forth coming open beta project and subsequent data wipe, I can understand the need to bring everyone down to the starting level, making it "fair" to all new comers. It's just the idea of anything being "fair" in a beta design is simply out of reach, we have seen plenty of proof of this with the closed set up. I have seen persons complaining about not coming back after being reset, I myself may also join in those ranks, but not because of starting over, but because the admins have not shown competency is this design, glitch control or announcements that should have been long before any changes were done, that is what customer feedback is for. This is turning out to be a typical Evony game, full of those who exploit "glitches" and look for ways to cheat their way to the top, not surprising at all as well as standardized answers on feedback mail. Paying attention? Guild mail error, building and losing resources error, server errors, hero errors, graphics changes that keep original descriptions cool look, fundamental error in improvement, Gems, food and coins that disappear when logging off and back on, attacks that are out of reach, matches that don't complete, campaigns that are buggy at best, incredibly long and very pricey builds to just level 4, nevermind upper levels of defense items, armor and attack values of characters that do not match up with what they are and the list goes on. If this game goes live just for money, sounds like a poorly planned project to me and funding is running out, why else would they offer the chance to spend anything? I will not spend a single penny on a game that has among the poorest customer support grid on games, I learned that lesson in Age I and that only netted bots and a now silent world chat with so many alts almost no one other than a handful even play anymore. What the admins need is a fresher approach, better planning and more money of their own and to actually consider the complaints persons levy as Valid and not just barking. The return emails I have gotten include, "can you send us a picture of it", "what day did this occur on" "we are sending your complaint to our technical department" "your words are very important to us as we strive to bring a better gaming experience" none of which led to any actual fix, Wallace is a joke of a one time hero and cleo still has no power, just a overly drawn body. If I stick around it will be to see if they have actually fixed anything at all up to this point, if not, I like so many others will be glad to find something else to invest my gaming time in. Peace.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by <PSY>Bludog View Post
    With the forth coming open beta project and subsequent data wipe, I can understand the need to bring everyone down to the starting level, making it "fair" to all new comers. It's just the idea of anything being "fair" in a beta design is simply out of reach, we have seen plenty of proof of this with the closed set up. I have seen persons complaining about not coming back after being reset, I myself may also join in those ranks, but not because of starting over, but because the admins have not shown competency is this design, glitch control or announcements that should have been long before any changes were done, that is what customer feedback is for. This is turning out to be a typical Evony game, full of those who exploit "glitches" and look for ways to cheat their way to the top, not surprising at all as well as standardized answers on feedback mail. Paying attention? Guild mail error, building and losing resources error, server errors, hero errors, graphics changes that keep original descriptions cool look, fundamental error in improvement, Gems, food and coins that disappear when logging off and back on, attacks that are out of reach, matches that don't complete, campaigns that are buggy at best, incredibly long and very pricey builds to just level 4, nevermind upper levels of defense items, armor and attack values of characters that do not match up with what they are and the list goes on. If this game goes live just for money, sounds like a poorly planned project to me and funding is running out, why else would they offer the chance to spend anything? I will not spend a single penny on a game that has among the poorest customer support grid on games, I learned that lesson in Age I and that only netted bots and a now silent world chat with so many alts almost no one other than a handful even play anymore. What the admins need is a fresher approach, better planning and more money of their own and to actually consider the complaints persons levy as Valid and not just barking. The return emails I have gotten include, "can you send us a picture of it", "what day did this occur on" "we are sending your complaint to our technical department" "your words are very important to us as we strive to bring a better gaming experience" none of which led to any actual fix, Wallace is a joke of a one time hero and cleo still has no power, just a overly drawn body. If I stick around it will be to see if they have actually fixed anything at all up to this point, if not, I like so many others will be glad to find something else to invest my gaming time in. Peace.
    You know what's funny? While you've hit the nail on the head, the awkward part is, how do their developers even work at this point? Are we looking at the same team who is "trying" to fix problems in the other three evony games? If so, at this point, they're clearly stretched too thin. I mean, four months in closed beta, wherein reporting anything took well over a week to even be acknowledged, let alone fixed? Absolutely mindboggling to say the least. But that's just me. I still have fun, it's just awe inspiring to see how every one of their games take the same exact path of development to what seems like an abandoned project. They focus a lot of time in trying to prevent people from using bots but that's not the only major issue they have. lol If they would focus on making everything work right and actually providing answers to issues, being friendly, and responding in a timely manner with something other than a robotic pretyped response, they would earn far more money than just rushing it to the floor.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lullaby View Post
    the awkward part is, how do their developers even work at this point? Are we looking at the same team who is "trying" to fix problems in the other three evony games? If so, at this point, they're clearly stretched too thin. I mean, four months in closed beta, wherein reporting anything took well over a week to even be acknowledged, let alone fixed? Absolutely mindboggling to say the least.
    So true!!!! If I gave this quality service at my job I would be sitting on the street corner looking for work!

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    All of this and yet if you haven't noticed EVONY has not replied to any of the questions I dont see why they even have these forums if they dont bother answering questions from their members

Dawnseeker
    We are deleting data because of the massive number of cheaters and exploiters in the beta. The only reason for being against this is if someone benefited from it. Anyone who didn't use cheats or exploits is behind because of them.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    We are deleting data because of the massive number of cheaters and exploiters in the beta. The only reason for being against this is if someone benefited from it. Anyone who didn't use cheats or exploits is behind because of them.
    I completely understand and agree with this, but the question still stands..... Is it gonna be the same but accepting money? It will still be beta I understand but are the major glitches that are going on now gonna be worked out at the launch or will it still be as glitchy as it is now? Any changes on build times and costs? Will we still get the daily gems or will only the coiners now benefit from the gems? Are the exploits fixed or will it just be the same???? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Watch out DirtyHippy, he closed my thread because it was to hard to answer

As I just asked, knowing about the exploiting and everything, is the plan to wipe AGAIN after this or are we considering this "open beta" going live? I really kinda want to know, because if we're looking at another wipe down the line, I'd rather just hold off and wait. No offense, fun game, or I guess, addictive, put more accurately. I just don't like the idea of starting over and then losing it AGAIN.

Administrator Contributor Level 10 Ember's Avatar
    I would like to thank everyone who commented under this thread. Whether the comment is constructive or negative, I do believe they all meant well for the development of Commanders of Evony, and of all the other Evony games. We are very very grateful that we have so many loyal players through the past few years. And yes, we admit the Close Beta server does have some major issues, which has affected the normal game play. And we have been collecting every customer’s feedback from game forums and Helpspot tickets to reslove these issues. We are committed to making great games and providing best user experience. With that being said, the incoming Open Beta will need our fellow players’ support, as well as more constructive feedbacks to make the game more fun and more user friendly. Commanders of Evony will end up nothing without our dear players and we are fully aware of that. We sincerely hope for continuous support from you guys and any kind of feedbacks that can help us progress!

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by <XTT>XTT View Post
    hopefully they don't give us free gems....that would cut down the alt usage.....and no free ports for being ported,you should have to work your way back to a gold spot
    without the Gems will make it hard for us that are on a fixed income ..what Lullaby wants to know are your going to wipe it again if so no one will spend money on a game they can lose all again.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Without wiping glitched accounts there is no way to know if changes are improving the game or not. Yes, I hope too that they will be putting more working generals in place, fixing things, making improvements, etc. at the time of the wipe. Even if not though, simply a restart will improve the evaluation of the state of the game.

As for free gems, to me that seems almost a must in a Beta test. To test the game you need accelerated advancement to test features, but only the very foolish would spend actual money during Beta.

Never understood those who cheat in a game to begin with, but cheating in a Beta is just off the wall, other than to the point that the Devs need to know what people are going to do to abuse the system before it goes live so they can block them. As long as they pay attention to what is happening and get it blocked. In truth, people trying stuff during Beta is something the Devs need to have happen, but they then need to say what they found, how they did it so it can be fixed, and not continue to use it against other players. Lots better to find the exploits during Beta and fix it before it goes live than have the real game ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by <FRB>Gooseman View Post
    Without wiping glitched accounts there is no way to know if changes are improving the game or not. Yes, I hope too that they will be putting more working generals in place, fixing things, making improvements, etc. at the time of the wipe. Even if not though, simply a restart will improve the evaluation of the state of the game.

As for free gems, to me that seems almost a must in a Beta test. To test the game you need accelerated advancement to test features, but only the very foolish would spend actual money during Beta.

Never understood those who cheat in a game to begin with, but cheating in a Beta is just off the wall, other than to the point that the Devs need to know what people are going to do to abuse the system before it goes live so they can block them. As long as they pay attention to what is happening and get it blocked. In truth, people trying stuff during Beta is something the Devs need to have happen, but they then need to say what they found, how they did it so it can be fixed, and not continue to use it against other players. Lots better to find the exploits during Beta and fix it before it goes live than have the real game ruined.
    Well said! The biggest problem a game like this faces is, when they close one door, typically, another one is opened, or expanded. Hastily compiled code is always riddled with mistakes. (I would know, I do it on occasion). But the tricky part is catching it. Now, I found it hilarious that cheating ran rampant here, despite knowing they wouldn't be keeping any of it. I personally wouldn't mind an expanded library of things on the NPC side. The campaigns refilling over a few days would be perfect, as well as more invasions, but with those come the difficulty of implementing them. You did invasion one and lived, the next one would have to be harder, right? Unless they put strategy in the AI, it would almost be pointless.

"The only reason for being against this is if someone benefited from it." The "only" reason? Really? Well, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. I suspect you wrote this late at night after reading a number of critical comments, because I doubt you meant to suggest that anyone asking critical questions about the implementation and effect of the open beta is a cheater.
    Last edited by <MVL>VisiDeGoth; 02-21-2014 at 08:53 PM. Reason: clarity

I started playing this game day 2 of khopesh server; i'm rather attached to my game - i wish you wouldn't erase all the data - and i'm not a cheater. Geez - I grew the hard way, and am still growing, and even tho there's lots of people bigger than me, i like my game... I'd really like to know more about the new set up: will we lose our gems? will gems continue to be given out daily when you restart everything? will our guilds remain intact or are they being erased too? if the guilds are remaining intact, are they all being reset to level 1? Will our identities remain the same or do we need to start that over again? will their be multiple servers and will porting between servers continue to be an option?

Quote Originally Posted by <XTT>XTT View Post
    free gems are why players have 50-100 alts built....
    Wrong. Hitting for resources are why people have alts. Holding flats until someone can get a port is why people have alts. It has little or nothing to do with the Gems.