Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Beta Coming Soon

Administrator Contributor Level 10 Ember's Avatar

Open Beta Coming Soon

The day is getting closer! We plan to be opening Commanders of Evony to open beta in about a week and a half. To prepare for this change, we plan to delete all data from the closed beta about an hour prior to converting the servers to the open beta.

For the open beta we plan to open our game store, and apply some significant gameplay patches that we've been working on. We will also be enacting more stringent rules that will directly address how we approach exploit use and other behaviors.

Prepare yourselves for Commanders of Evony Open Beta. See you on the battlefield!

Evony Dev Team

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    if it's still beta why not just keep the progress of all players and make it open? .... Profit off a game is what your aiming for I'm sure, how many people will quit if their reset? I myself might buy 1 pack off you and that's it, the game isn't even done from what I see so I won't be spending.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    not spending a penny, there is no way they are ready to take money, havent even fixed guild mail yet

Yep I agree Toecutter. lol resetting everyone to gain money may flop in my opinion by them not returning to play a game that doesn't work ... More would probably spend if the progress is kept... Just my thoughts though, I'm looking for another game to play atm, not wasting anymore time if I'm gonna be reset 50 more times. If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    If data is deleted I am done!!!! It has been fun but with the ridiculously expensive builds and long build times it is not worth it at all! There is no way I will spend money with as many glitches this game has! I imagine that the 20 gems a day will be stopped too right? Plus I can't even chat with my guild anymore after this translate feature keeps changing words that don't need to be changed lol It has been fun and good luck with your new game!!!!

really bite's! All this building we done! And u all gonna reset sever ?Not sure I will return

The generals' abilities don't even work and the focus is opening a store? This better be the patch to end all patches otherwise I am out.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    I'm not crying over the reset myself I knew it was coming! This beta was also me evaluating this game and my decision is not to continue with it after reset!

Quote Originally Posted by <XTT>XTT View Post
    lol too funny everyone crying over a beta getting reset
    Can you get me some tissues please? lol

Well this game aint worth paying for...i wanna be no. 1 in real life instead....maybe i'm aiming high...well i just wanna be in real life...or maybe..well i'll sleep on it.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    So, now I'll ask a few questions I'm sure are on the minds of everyone who don't plan on quitting, simply because of the reset. You stated that this is changing to "Open Beta". Does that mean it's still not live? Will we be facing yet another wipe down the line from that? Are we going to face massive tweaks in the battle mechanics? I'm personally excited to see what changes you guys have planned. I'm hoping that instead of just massive graphics changes (bigger boobs, unnecessary building changes, tweaking the loading screen and assistant, etc.), we have actual bug fixes and general abilities involved. I found it odd that you guys removed Maximus as the starting reward at 200 honor limiting any newcomers to a SINGLE general until they got to 400 honor (difficult to do since the matches weren't limited to the home server), or you managed to withstand the beating of 100 invasions. So all that being said, my last question on this open rant is, if we're not going to get Spartacus as the starting general, who do you plan to give us, since no one playing now would be used to any other general's non-existent abilities?

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Good lord, they have made it very, very clear that Beta data will get reset. They have agreed that Beta testing with glitched resources and builds, over inflated generals, etc. have no validity. They are resetting Beta, in part to let people start again on even footing, hopefully with blocks for many of the exploits, more working heroes, etc. and hopefully a more valid test. If you do not understand how Beta testing works then you have no business on a Beta level game. And why in the world would you ever consider paying for a Beta game to begin with? That is why they throw gems at you during Beta because the opinions of people who would toss money at a game that is still in Beta and going to be reset are not people who have valid opinions that should be factored into game play when it goes live in the first place. IMHO

I would like to know that if they do reset can we keep the gems that r leftover afterwards

I agree with sherrigan i have over 700 gems and wont be impressed if we lose them as we all have the same everyday

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    mayb the only way they can fix the glitching and cheating is to reset evrything, instead of havin nr naked women and futuristic weapons they need to fix the actual gameplay guild mail has been down since xmas, think its a major thing to get fixed, i will hav a look at the game after reset but i certainly will not spend any money on a game where exploiters and multi accounters are allowed to continually cheat