Thread: Help me understand Betty

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

Help me understand Betty

Ive been playing Ranked games all season long. I am currently at 1372 battles. I want to know how I have not once played against 6 people who are on the top rankings leaderboard. I have even tested to try matching at the same time as they do, but rather than matching me against them, I am matched against master, diamond, and sometimes even platinum players. The game is no fun when you are trying to compete to be the best, but you cannot play against the best.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Hesperus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaggyBalls View Post
    Ive been playing Ranked games all season long. I am currently at 1372 battles. I want to know how I have not once played against 6 people who are on the top rankings leaderboard. I have even tested to try matching at the same time as they do, but rather than matching me against them, I am matched against master, diamond, and sometimes even platinum players. The game is no fun when you are trying to compete to be the best, but you cannot play against the best.
    This seems really serious issue and needs an clarification. I'm still at gold rank (getting to know the game) but seeing posts like this doesn't really encourage me to rank higher and go further into game. Game supposed to be challenging and competitive, but what's fun playing against less experienced players than you? Exactly, nothing. I believe there is enough players in God/master rank that it's possible to just match them against each other. I suggested before that maybe correcting the matchmaking so that players from master rank and above won't get matched, or there will be really low chance to get matched against diamond players and below, isn't that bad idea at all. I'm planning to aim for top global ranking leaderboard next season, I really love the game, I spent time to play it and learn more about it but I'm and probably most of the players are very competitive. Neither of us wants an easy win especially in highest rank where you're supposed to fight against experienced players. I hope Betty will read your post, my comment and anywho's comment that has opinion and feedback about it and take an action that is needed.
    Last edited by Hesperus; 06-11-2018 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Grammar correction - as you know My English suck

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by SaggyBalls View Post
    I never go against YKZ, Iíve played with some of them and I get matched with the other server and I didnít experience a lag. They wouldnít have invited me to play with them if they lag playing with me also. Idk why we canít just fight YKZ and the other people on the other server. If your servers canít handle it, I suggest improving it. This game would make much more revenue from attracting more competitive players that want competition.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ᴴᴬᵀᴱᴰ Hela View Post
    I never go against YKZ, I’ve played with some of them and I get matched with the other server and I didn’t experience a lag. They wouldn’t have invited me to play with them if they lag playing with me also. Idk why we can’t just fight YKZ and the other people on the other server. If your servers can’t handle it, I suggest improving it. This game would make much more revenue from attracting more competitive players that want competition.
    lmao yesssss F** ykz "omg you lag me" lmao. xD

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8

Sent from Saggy the Main post.

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Dear Player
    It seems that most of their games were directed to local server rooms rather than the international server due to the connection speed issue. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Dear Player
    It seems that most of their games were directed to local server rooms rather than the international server due to the connection speed issue. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty
    How is it fair to put people into the same server but not allow the players to face each other? The only possible way to become number 1 is to outplay them? Where is the sense of competition in that? How is it fair for these diamonds players matching against me, when i should be matching against them? From what it seems like, the Heroes Arena team does not see this as a problem.

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Dear Player
    We will look for a solution to solve this problem. Maybe the current matching algorithm take network connection speed as the first priority. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty