Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Facebook fems

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Usefull Sandbag View Post
    Ucool didn't force anyone. Don't have facebook, will continue not having facebook and no amount of trickery or bribery will con me in to associating any of my devices to a facebook account and give away my privacy to that specific organization. Creating a fake account will not protect you from facebook's tracking algorithms.

Why Ucool being one of the few games that at the time didn't require a facebook suddenly gave away gems to get people to sign-in, and why it no longer seems to be interested and giving away stuff that otherwise you would need to buy is an interesting question.

There are 3 hypothesis:

1) They were expecting a boost in users from friends of the people to offset the revenue loss from people not buying as may gems. When they reached peak a opt-in there was no purpose in continuing to bait people in to signing in with rewards and they could go back at getting people to pay for everything.

2) The drug dealer explanation: They get you hooked on the 1000 daily gems and some of you will keep on buying them.

3) Somebody was paying for a data that could be gathered by having your in game behavior linked to a real life person via facebook. The way you play this game says a lot about your personality, and that information is very useful for ad agencies, companies that screen employment candidates or companies like Cambridge Analitica. Pretty sure that the cutback in gem rewards around the time Cambrige Analitica started unwinding their operations because of media attention on them, is just a coincidence.

1) and 2) are the likely explanations. 3) is just something to keep conspiracy theorists entertained.
    may i add the 4th one?

4) It was rumored that HC service would end soon. If UCOOL shut down HC immediately, then they would have to face lots of angry players who probably gonna sue. How much $$$ would ucool lose if 40,000+ players sue???

In order to make those angry players NOT to sue ucool, ucool must make HC as boring as possible, so players, slowly but sure, will not play HC anymore. so ucool won't have to deal with angry suers (everyone leave HC is ok....no one sue is very ok too).... Then the rich Ucool can finally retire in peace. Happy ending for Ucool ...

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Xineohp View Post
    may i add the 4th one?

4) It was rumored that HC service would end soon. If UCOOL shut down HC immediately, then they would have to face lots of angry players who probably gonna sue. How much $$$ would ucool lose if 40,000+ players sue???

In order to make those angry players NOT to sue ucool, ucool must make HC as boring as possible, so players, slowly but sure, will not play HC anymore. so ucool won't have to deal with angry suers (everyone leave HC is ok....no one sue is very ok too).... Then the rich Ucool can finally retire in peace. Happy ending for Ucool ...
    Agree. That has been always a real possibility since the day that Valve settled with Blizzard on Dota2 copyrights and went on to sue Ucool and Lilith. In May 2017 the case was sent to trial by jury in federal court. After then there were no more news on the case.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    No, they are just retarded.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    or maybe they still havent paid off that superbowl commercial.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Agree. That has been always a real possibility since the day that Valve settled with Blizzard on Dota2 copyrights and went on to sue Ucool and Lilith. In May 2017 the case was sent to trial by jury in federal court. After then there were no more news on the case.
    Last time I heard about this jury decide what all of them use open code free for everyone, because during Dota times developers mention what this code free

1000 gems from facebook were a bug then betty you have another bug, how come shadow leaf's skin wich is not on sale yet is in the teams from grand challenge?
    I know those teams are npc's actually but still.....

Quote Originally Posted by Soulgrave View Post
    1000 gems from facebook were a bug then betty you have another bug, how come shadow leaf's skin wich is not on sale yet is in the teams from grand challenge?
    I know those teams are npc's actually but still.....
    They must remove Shadowleaf skin from GC using their own logic, but they never make such move

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Last time I heard about this jury decide what all of them use open code free for everyone, because during Dota times developers mention what this code free
    Link please?

Link please?
    I check out and find what we both talk about same same news from may 2017

https://kotaku.com/jury-to-decide-wh...a-2-1795403386 as example

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Dear Leader
    I don't have good news for you. And our developer just told me that they fixed a bug which made the feature give much more gems than we expected. Thank you.

Best Regards
    Betty

I asked you something Betty!

Straight question Betty.

Since development of your Facebook feature is still broken , what would happen from your side of the field , if someone is willing to make a 5 fb accounts to claim 20 gems per day instead of max 4?
    And if he do that , wich fault is that , his or yours?

Wonderfull support lmao

If it was a bug, it means it was like this from the moment you implemented the fb feature, so why it took you so long to fix it, it was known that everybody get 1000 gems daily. Why not have it fix from that moment not one year after.

You are not able to fix the displaying bug of gifts received since you implemented the FB feature. But you can nerv the amount of gems received 2 times and tell us it was a bug.

Then tell us what you want with a feature in the first place and donít change it after one year and tell us it was a bug all the time. If it was a bug fire your programmers cause they are shit at their job when they need 1 year to fix a bug

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    I quit this game. So uncool.