Thread: Question of the Day-Why do you still play HC?

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

Question of the Day-Why do you still play HC?

No "official" development updates since May 2017
    Trend towards pay to win with OP Heroes, Reaper, Soldier, etc...
    Insignificant content additions that do not cost money, try something new instead of rehashing same content (boss war, events)
    Obvious intent to make certain features implemented by uCool more troublesome so players will not bother

On a positive note, i still find the game enjoyable, VIP 14 that used to spend good bucks on events until recently.
    The recent tactics that ucool has employed just dont sit well with me.
    I will continue to play until i find a game that is as good a time sink as HC without the ridiculous microtransactions.
    Probably will never find it but soon, very soon, i will lose interest because the developers just dont seem to care about the game anymore.
    I have no problem with making a living but talk to your audience, make them feel that they are being heard.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    It's mainly due to what I've invested into the game - time and money. And there's still progress to be made. Plus, aside from the constant screwing us over lately, the game itself is still fun and enjoyable. I can play it every day, and there's always stuff to do - but it doesn't feel like it demands too much of my time. When I'm on vacation, I can easily keep pace with my dailies without it interfering with things. It's got a nice balance like that.

With that said, I'm closer than I've ever been to quitting. The skins were the first time I started to genuinely resent the developers. And then the recent Facebook gem change exacerbated my frustration. It didn't bother me because it hurt me personally; I have plenty of gems. It bothered me because it was clear the developers don't give a shit about their players. And on the heels of the massive shit they took on our heads with the skins, it put me over the top. One more douche move like that from Ucool and I'm done. And I'm not gonna go out quietly - I'm gonna file a charge-back with Apple for every recent purchase that I possibly can.

It doesn't help that most of the people I play with are getting sick of Ucool's shit too. When your guildmates and opponents are happy with the game, it rubs off on you and you stay content. But when they're all getting sick of Ucool's shit too, it just feeds into your own frustration. I don't think Ucool understands just how close they are to completely killing this game. They've been melting the ice for a while, and it's getting pretty razor thin right now. If they take one more massive shit on it, the ice is gonna break completely and this whole game is sunk.

So based on past history, I expect them to kill the game entirely sometime this year. They seem completely incapable of getting our of their own way or listening to the players.
    Mavaho | Level 107 | Guild: REVOLUTION [RVL] | Server: 186

Silver Member Contributor Level 5 Talia's Avatar
    It's a fun way to pass the time when I'm bored or waiting for an appointment or whatever. It's also a personal challenge to build up my teams and collect the gear, etc. I need. Sure, at this rate it'll take me a while, but so what? It's fun seeing what various combos of heroes can do, and there's a little feeling of satisfaction when I finally can star or gear up a hero. It's no pressure, and...in case I haven't mentioned it...fun. I also like the graphics, I have favorite heroes based on how they look or move, not because they're super powerful. They're just fun.

The thing I dislike most about the game? The complaints get really tiresome, they seem mostly to be from players who feel uCool owes them something just because they throw money at them. Like the recent Facebook issue. I don't bother using it, it's not worth it to me to sit and scroll 'n' tap for half an hour or whatever. I don't care if that means I'll progress more slowly. My goal is not to be the #1 player on my server. Instead of whiny complaints, it'd be nice to see more posts on game strategies, like team set-ups, and friendly help.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Because I want to.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 12
    Because of the guildmates.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    i personally dun know anymore. maybe its a habit but with the new heroes and skins dominating it doesnt matter wat u do. u can be the smartest, most efficient player in the game but still lose to people who dump money at them. each lvl will take over 1/2 a year and i seriously dun think i can survive till the next lvl. its just mindless clicking with no real progress.
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 107, 1.8m+ Total Power, 32 Legendaries, 644 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 108k Team Power

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    I was quitting this game in Feb '17 after 19 month and as Lvl 14. The main problem was the boredom and the increasing screwing here by Ucool. Second cuz the constant checking and playing every few hrs, picking up stuff and renew stuff just to keep up. Not sure how many bucks I had invested but it was more than $ 1000 I guess for something absolutely virtual. The game started dying long ago and the traffic here proves that quite well. I can remember the huge uproars here after some updates and changes but those became quiter and quiter. Actually I felt free the moment I was quitting and I never really missed it again. Life goes on...

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    I hope Betty and other people from Ucool read this, but sure they (at least in ucool part) don't care about it

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    it is a never ending story, I will never be able to complete this game (unless paying an insane amount of money, and I am already a high investor). Still resisting, but the days I don't play I really feel free, I might come back again in 6 months like I did before, don't know. I enjoy watching GT and seeing the battles of the powerful players. I really don't enjoy that everything is so time consuming, doing the dailies and everything takes me about 2 hours a day. If they want us to spend more time in game, then this is not the game I can sustainably be hooked up with (actually nobody in their sanity should, but I guess all these mobile games target those insane ones). Yeah I am quite confused still, at the edge of stopping I guess

Waiting for summoner release 🤔😢

Prime Leader Contributor Level 12
    The game has 2 main time sinkers:

1. Plundering
    2. Booty caves

If they fix them then you can do everything in about 30-45 min max.

I have calculated the time to finish everything besides plundering and arena and it is <30min on Android using the back button in order to skip animations.

Quote Originally Posted by zissop View Post
    The game has 2 main time sinkers:

1. Plundering
    2. Booty caves

If they fix them then you can do everything in about 30-45 min max.

I have calculated the time to finish everything besides plundering and arena and it is <30min on Android using the back button in order to skip animations.
    Can they do a button that makes all of that automatically?

I just play with the mindset that I will never be top in arenas, and so I enjoy it. Those at the top clearly have too much money (seriously, paypal me some, I'll make better use of it than buying skins) and those that bitch and moan all the time don't understand mobile gaming as a business

Quote Originally Posted by LordWoffle View Post
    I just play with the mindset that I will never be top in arenas, and so I enjoy it. Those at the top clearly have too much money (seriously, paypal me some, I'll make better use of it than buying skins) and those that bitch and moan all the time don't understand mobile gaming as a business
    No one's bitching about arena. Being tops in arena has nothing to do with your personal account, and has everything to do with the guild you're in. (I'm not a non-merged server. This may be less true for the merged servers.)

The bitching is mostly because of Guild Tournament, WoG and such.
    Mavaho | Level 107 | Guild: REVOLUTION [RVL] | Server: 186