Thread: Facebook Feature Adjustments

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

Facebook Feature Adjustments

Hello ucool!

Since it is a big deal for every Player I want to make some suggestion to improve this Feature:

- Please write these kind of adjustments like you made lately (reducing the % chance of Gems) into the Patch Notes.
    - Limit it to 50 friends. Then it is enough if a guild is adding each other and you don't need to add thousands of people to an alternative Account.
    - The first ten Helps are always Gems. After that you are getting 50% Gold and 50% Stamina Potions. Remove the War Hall Resources since the amount is a joke and nobody is wasting Helps for that amount of Resources.
    - Since you limit the amount of daily Gems please consider reducing the costs of Stamina Resets or at least increase the EXP for Heroes in the Daily Quests.

Best Regards
    Lyph

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Good suggestions. Ucool, you need to address this. We need an explanation for why this was done, why you don't think it harms your players, etc. This is a monumental fuck-up on your part and you need to explain yourselves.

I personally didn't need those gems. I spend enough money that I've always got more gems than I need. But lots of my guildmates did need them, because you've made this game so pay to win lately with the skins and events. You're fucking over a lot of my guildmates and opponents, and that pisses me off. Because if they quit, then I'm losing friends and opponents - and the whole point of this game is playing with and against other people.
    Mavaho | Level 107 | Guild: REVOLUTION [RVL] | Server: 186

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Great idea, but...

The only reason the facebook gift thing exists is to collect data from it... and as a means to have their users market the game / hopefully get new players.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    And the reason they reduced the gem % rate is to 'hopefully' stop people exploiting it and being able to collect A LOT more then 20 items... whether it be gems or stamina potions

This is just ONE of the many ways people are currently exploiting/abusing game mechanics/processes to unfairly get an advantage over other players.

I am not sure if and how people are abusing the system but if that's true it's just another reason to change the system.

Instead of screwing the whole player base they should change the whole system to prevent abuses.
    Like I said just shrinking the total friends for thousands to 50 would make it easier to control it.

Also they could easily implement a counter that would flag people obtaining more than 20 items per day.
    Then they could warn these accounts and ban if they are getting flagged again.

For me it sounds like an excuse.

Some people are botting to plunder -> Make plunder so hard everyone gets screwed.
    Some people are obtaining more than 20 items from FB -> Lower Gems for everyone so you need 5k friends, a lot of time and luck to still get 20x 50 Gems.

From both actions against the community ucool got a benefit out of it. Lowering access to War Hall Resources and limit free Gems increase purchases.

And it would be so easy to fix problems like botting -> Limit the amount of plunders per day/hour = No more grinding.
    Also the FB feature could be controlled very easily -> High cooldown on switching accounts. Limit Friends. Guarantee X amount of Gems. Implement an internal counter/flag system.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 [GY] Nader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DerKaiser View Post
    And the reason they reduced the gem % rate is to 'hopefully' stop people exploiting it and being able to collect A LOT more then 20 items... whether it be gems or stamina potions

This is just ONE of the many ways people are currently exploiting/abusing game mechanics/processes to unfairly get an advantage over other players.
    The over 20 reward issue was fixed long time ago.
    The reason why ucool made plundering so damn hard and nerfed facebook gems is because they want you to buy the item package.

I totally agree. And I don't blame them for trying to maximize their profit.

BUT the way they changed it is really upsetting. Instead of being honest and transparent they try to change these things stealthy and when caught giving excuses.

The Facebook Feature was implemented to lower the gap between Level 106 and 110. It is not our fault that they made the EXP needed so over the top.
    Also it is very frustrating to scroll through thousands of gifts to find Gems. It would be so easy to make a "Claim Gems" button or a sorting feature.

Just limit the friends to a reasonable amount and hard code limit gems/potions to an amount you see fit but give everyone the same amount. Not RNG based...

Just a few minutes of brain storming and I have an easy solution:
    Limit Friends to 50.
    The first X Gifts are Gems. (X = number you see fit)
    After that all Gifts are either Gold or Potions. Cut the War Hall Resources since the amount is a joke.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Beneath my in-game issues with my lvl 106 account, I got no reply to for over two weeks, I came to the conclusion to leave the game because of that facebook feature. I loved the game for years, but it makes no sense for me to olay a game whrer the only skill a playee needs is to have friends. No good guild members, no strong and collected heroes, no tactical abilities.
    Good luck with the game you hit to the ground.

New Comers
    Hey guys. I am connected to Facebook, But the invite button doesnt work. Anybody Else have this issue? And since i am a "new comer" on this forum, i cant start a new thread either. I have contacted support several times, But havent gotten any help. Any ideas? I already tried to reinstall the game. I am level 106 by the way, But dont think that has anything to do with it...?

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 [GY] Nader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aequitas28 View Post
    Hey guys. I am connected to Facebook, But the invite button doesnt work. Anybody Else have this issue? And since i am a "new comer" on this forum, i cant start a new thread either. I have contacted support several times, But havent gotten any help. Any ideas? I already tried to reinstall the game. I am level 106 by the way, But dont think that has anything to do with it...?
    To be able to post a new thread you should be an iron member (I think you need 5 posts for that).
    As for Facebook feature you need to make sure that you have linked the game with your gaming account (if you have one), since personal accounts doesn't have HC friends. Also try to use the regular version instead of the HD, the HD have some issues regarding facebook.

Still can't use the invite button. I am linked through Google. I can help Facebook friends, but can't add any? Seriously? I have to rely on Facebook to backup almost 4 years of daily play and countless dollars? Misstep on your part. I want to expand users, but not by using Facebook as my backup

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    I have even better suggestion: We have rules on facebook friends page? Increase amount text in it. This way everyone can read it. Don't hide the truth. Describe how many gems we can get daily.