Thread: [Hero Review/Feedback] Fiorina, Nature's Queen

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

[Hero Review/Feedback] Fiorina, Nature's Queen

Sup, everybody. It's time for another of my champion review, which I really hope the DEVs-senpai have noticed. After Mountain King, I thought I'd tackle Fiorina- since I haven't yet played with/against Garan. Without further ado, let's get riiiiiiiiight into the newwwws review.

As usual, I'll be labeling her abilities as P, Q,W,E,R(where P=Passive, Q is the ability at the bottom of the wheel and working upwards to the ultimate)

[P] Thorny Lady (Joint Nature Force):

The Good: Very basic and straight forward passive for a mage, good damage and interesting.

The Bad: I think the indicator of which champion the thorns are attacking should be clearer(I'm not even sure if there is one, I'm assuming they were bright enough to put one) and I think that her basic attacks should prioritize who her plants or attacking OR her plants should focus whoever she is attacking to make sure the passive is useful, at all.

[Q] Blame Global Warming (Sprouting Thorn):

The Good: Good damage, decent AI, the health is scaling for the plant is really good. She's great at taking towers and pushing lanes with that ability, esp. with the evolved plants.

The Bad: After spawning animation takes a little bit too long to attack. Which seems to be one of her weak points. If you can run into a bush before the plant starts attacking, you can basically evade most of her damage. It think the spawn animation should be shorter

[W] Magical Cabbage Patch (Fertile Domain):

The Good: Great healing and outplay ability. Decent damage abilities. You can sustain your wave as the AOE heals minions as well, which empowers her pushing power even further.

The Bad: The cast location should prioritize where her closest Magical Thorn is, rather than closest enemy location. If there are no Magical Thorns in range, then it should target the closest enemy, it's more useful and efficient to evolve Magical Thorns in fights (and run to them, and the domain for healing) rather than the AOE damage to enemies.

[E] Taking Root (Entwining Thorn):

The Good: Okay damage, good damage.

The Bad: The hitbox is WAY too thin and even if you hit it, the duration of the root is extremely short (Considering the long spawn animation of her Q). I would suggest to increase the root duration or make the hitbox somewhat larger. I would advise against modifying the damage/scaling, they seem fight at the moment.

[R] Nature's Wrath (Blossom):

The Good: Great damage, good range. Instant damage. Very useful to take down running enemies or to burst squishies real fast when used in conjunction with your other abilities.

The Bad: I wish it said HOW it "reinforces" magical thorns in the ability description. I also think it should have a "haste" effect on the Reinforced Magical Thorns, causing them to attack faster. (If that's already present, it should be increased).

Character Critique:

Her character design is good, with a good thematic, however the thematic doesn't fit the visuals & vice versa. Her voicelines are of an angry queen but she looks like a fairy that'll run off when you sneeze near her. I think that is something that Ucool should work on, while creating a champion. To make sure their lore/thematic/visuals all line up and not make up the lore and the character separate and then somehow put it together. It feels like they went in different directions concerning her vengence aspect and her nature fairy visuals.

I believe that the studio should take a whole new approach when designing characters to make players more compelled. I do not know how it's done right now, at Ucool but the system that Riot Games has for League Of Legends works really well: When they design a champion, they get a team together to do it; the writers(responsible for the lore & voicelines), the visual artists and DEVs all work together and are on the same page. The result is that the character is Coherent. Take a look at a character that is of the same archtype of Fiorina in LoL, "Zyra, Rise Of The Thons" (Plant/Nature mage).

Zyra's in game model/voicelines/skins: Click here! (video)

(I will continue this digression in another post)
    Link here when I post it: ???

Overall:
    A medium skill-cap champion with a weak CC, good damage mage and she will spread chaos in teamfights if not controlled like the garden weed she is. Definitely needs work on consistency with lore/visuals/voicelines. She is extremely fun to play and has some real outplay potentials. She excels at bursting enemy squishies and punishing whoever extends too much in fights.

Ratings:

Character Design: 4/10
    Heroe's Kit: 8/10
    Gameplay: 8/10
    Lore: Unreleased.

Should you play her?:

If you like mages that do a fuckton of damage and can anihilate squishies while chunking tanks. YES, and she's fun to play as well.
    Last edited by Badwolfneron; 12-12-2017 at 07:20 AM. Reason: OCD about formatting.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    woah thats alot of description lol

Quote Originally Posted by N3pyune View Post
    woah thats alot of description lol
    Yup, I really want to help the DEVs & the other teams out and get involved with the development of the game. I am really passionate about this, and this type of, games.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    yup it's my fav moba its awesome!!

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    I have to agree with you on the character design. lol

i personally like her angry mother earth thing she got going on.

Quote Originally Posted by RwbyRave View Post
    I have to agree with you on the character design. lol

i personally like her angry mother earth thing she got going on.
    Yes me too but, good god, the visuals are awfully uncharacteristic of her. Even the basic color scheme seems unfitting for someone that would evoke so much power and anger as she's supposed to. She rather evokes pity, kindness and good-heart but then again, she doesn't sound like that. She's basically a crazy person lol.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Fiorina can solo Lord in lvl14 if she's not behind in the game. In terms of damage I thinks she's hella strong right now, even while building more supportive items, her plants can hurt a LOT with ult.

Oh yeah, As I mentioned in the post, she definitely hurts like a truck.