Thread: BETTY! There is definitely an issue with latency at different Rankings.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

Red face BETTY! There is definitely an issue with latency at different Rankings.

Hi,

I've seen some other player complain about it, but no real response or fix. Here's some more proof. I've been playing this game for a while, and in normal games, my ping is 109-140, which is awesome (I barely ever lost MVP, go me!). However, when I started playing Ranked, I noticed something:

Through Bronze to Silver, the ping is normal. However, as soon as I reach Gold IV, My ping jumps to 240+! It is inconsistent and the latency is so hard to play with which is why I'm basically stuck at Gold when I know I can definitelyt climb way higher.

Here's proof, these screenshots are from consecutive games. Right after I promoted to gold, I got into the second game(Meaning, it's not an issue with my connection but something to do with servers):

Game in Silver 1 with crisp 131 ms ping:
    ranked in silver.jpg

Game in Gold IV, right after promotion from silver WITH 225 MS PING:
    ranked gold.jpg

Here's my stuff if you want to reward me for reporting:
    acc id: 4293264
    name: Nerøn
    server: europe

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badwolfneron View Post
    Hi,

I've seen some other player complain about it, but no real response or fix. Here's some more proof. I've been playing this game for a while, and in normal games, my ping is 109-140, which is awesome (I barely ever lost MVP, go me!). However, when I started playing Ranked, I noticed something:

Through Bronze to Silver, the ping is normal. However, as soon as I reach Gold IV, My ping jumps to 240+! It is inconsistent and the latency is so hard to play with which is why I'm basically stuck at Gold when I know I can definitelyt climb way higher.

Here's proof, these screenshots are from consecutive games. Right after I promoted to gold, I got into the second game(Meaning, it's not an issue with my connection but something to do with servers):

Game in Silver 1 with crisp 131 ms ping:
    ranked in silver.jpg

Game in Gold IV, right after promotion from silver WITH 225 MS PING:
    ranked gold.jpg

Here's my stuff if you want to reward me for reporting:
    acc id: 4293264
    name: Nerøn
    server: europe
    Dear Player
    Please also tell us where you live so that we could have a check on the network connection condition between you and our servers. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

I live in Mauritius. The problem seems to be that for some reason, after silver 1, games are being hosted on a different server. One with much higher ping.

Dear Player
    We are so sorry that we have little players around your country or region that the network connection is very unstable. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

So, I am being matched on a server far away because there is not enough Gold players on the servers close to me?

Um, no fix then? I'll be hardstuck Gold my whole life? XD

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 xxSniperGamingxx's Avatar
    Yes. xDDDDDD

New Comers
    Yo también tengo ese problema, estoy en platino V y cuando estaba de oro l hacia abajo no tenía problemas con la conexión y ahora cuando entro a selección campeones me dice conexión inestable y creo que es un limitante que ponen los del mismo juego para que no escalemos tan rápido en el mismo, sería malo para ellos y quizás sea lo que dicen arriba de que no hay suficiente gente o quizás no quieren que avanzamos tan rápido es sospechoso e injusto pero lo primero que te dirán es (donde vives? Cuál es la velocidad de tu red? O tenemos problemas ahora mismo con nuestros servidores que opinan ustedes? Y no daré información ya que no es pregunta es afirmación de lo que pasa

Quote Originally Posted by shamangaby View Post
    Yo también tengo ese problema, estoy en platino V y cuando estaba de oro l hacia abajo no tenía problemas con la conexión y ahora cuando entro a selección campeones me dice conexión inestable y creo que es un limitante que ponen los del mismo juego para que no escalemos tan rápido en el mismo, sería malo para ellos y quizás sea lo que dicen arriba de que no hay suficiente gente o quizás no quieren que avanzamos tan rápido es sospechoso e injusto pero lo primero que te dirán es (donde vives? Cuál es la velocidad de tu red? O tenemos problemas ahora mismo con nuestros servidores que opinan ustedes? Y no daré información ya que no es pregunta es afirmación de lo que pasa
    Dear Player
    Please tell us your account id and where you live so that we could have a further check. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

Quote Originally Posted by Badwolfneron View Post
    So, I am being matched on a server far away because there is not enough Gold players on the servers close to me?

Um, no fix then? I'll be hardstuck Gold my whole life? XD
    Dear Player
    It would be a bit difficult that the boss would agree on setting up the server if we don't have many players around, before we completely fixed other critical problems such as Sync, RAM and performance problems. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Dear Player
    It would be a bit difficult that the boss would agree on setting up the server if we don't have many players around, before we completely fixed other critical problems such as Sync, RAM and performance problems. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty
    Yes, I can see why it wouldn't be very efficient. However, I'd expect it to be fixed by the official launch. The game is doing really well, and I personally love it. Ensuring a consistent and good Ranked experience in a competitive game is key to further growth and expansion.

I'd like to suggest why not have the priority be the closest server THEN people of the same Rank. This way, I guess queue times would be longer but at least it'll ensure a smooth and enjoyable gameplay.

For example, I don't know on which server it connects me to when I queue up for Normal games but it seems to favor the shortest queue time rather than matching me with people having similar Rank/Skills. Because of this I have barely lost any game and always win MVP, after a certain time it gets boring to always play with people having inferior skill and winning. It doesn't give room to progress since your opponents aren't a fair match.

TL;DR: So I guess, I'll wait on Ranked being fixed but please, at least give me decent teammates/opponents in Normal Queue. It's frustrating always seeing the enemy Purifier ulting under my tower and dying.

Dear Player
    We will evaluate the possibility of setting up a regional server on or near your region. Our engineer checked a couple of nearest servers from you but the connection were unstale for all of them. We are sorry about that. Thanks you

Best Regards
    Betty

I look forward to having a better ranked experience, thanks for everything, hopefully it's somewhere in the future!
    Cheers.