Thread: GT Changes

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

GT Changes

Greetings!
    As of today, GT is just the same plain boring thing, and rewards are basically not worth any kind of effort.
    I'd like to share with you my ideas on how it should be fixed, in order to make it entertaining and challenging for everyone taking part in it.

My idea: LEAGUES

First of all, you'd have a "Selection" round with 8 selected server brackets (As of today, s1-12, s13-26, and so on).
    According to how this round goes, this is how things would change:

New Brackets (Aka Leagues)

1. Champions League
    In this bracket, you'd pick the 16 top guilds (Based selection round, winners and runner ups) and have them fight with a random sign-up.

2. Top League
    In this bracket, we'd have the 16 guilds that ended up 3-4 in selection round.

3, 4. High League
    16 guilds in each one, 5-8 in selection round

5,6,7,8. Regular League
    16 guilds in each one, 9-16 selection round.

Selection League
    Everyone else, with regular sign-up and 8 brackets arranged like in Selection Round.

How do guilds move up and down leagues?

Every season will feature playouts:
    On the day of the finals, guilds 9-16 will have a match too in order to decide which one will remain to his League and which one will go down.
    Therefore, there would be 4 guilds going down for Champions (1), and the first 4 of Top (2) would move up.
    Top (2) would have 4 guilds going down, with the winners and runner-ups from the different brackets in High League (3) moving up.
    Same rules apply to High (3) (With 8 guilds going down and two coming up from each Regular League (4)) and Regular (4), with the 8 selection brackets.

Rewards should be obviously improved, with a simple rule: The worst reward in Champions League should be as high as the top reward in Top League. As of today, worst reward should be: 10 ASS, 20/14/12 Frags, 4k GT Coins.
    But, since they don't look so amazing, I accept suggestions from usual GT winners on what they'd like to receive instead of current rewards and then scale it down for various leagues.

I apologize for my bad english, I hope it's understandable.
    Let me know your opinions! Thanks

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    I agree with Spazz.
    1 - Rewards are insignificant and not stimulating. Furthermore place rewards are so similar that its not much important are you 4th or 7th.
    2 - GT should be organised in different way so guilds of similar strenght/activity/success play with each other. This way with so many servers only top guilds play. Others mostly just sign in.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Add 2 lanes for each round.
    Quarters 5 lanes
    Semi 7 lanes
    Finals 9 lanes.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 [GY] Nader's Avatar
    I like the idea, and i think the reward should be better when you go to the higher league, but this introduce a problem: A significant better reward will bring more power guilds (merge, kick the weakest players out).

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    I proposed this almost a year back when they introduced GT.Guess what ucool did
    lel crap loot in hard crusade lel

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    problem with changes like this is the strong become even stronger which is bad. u cannot reward the top so much where the bottom will never catch up
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 106, 1.4m+ Total Power, 25 Legendaries, 585 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 95k Team Power

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by uh123abcd View Post
    problem with changes like this is the strong become even stronger which is bad. u cannot reward the top so much where the bottom will never catch up
    Bottom will never catch up anyway, game should be about challenge, not "Catching up" imo.
    Leader of [Slark], TL 106, AHP 1.65+m.
    Non-VIP Player.
    Server 11 - Old Curse

Level 106, 1.45m+ AHP looking for a new guild? Click HERE!