Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Difficulty in climbing to legendary in WoG this month

  1. #1
    Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    6

    Difficulty in climbing to legendary in WoG this month

    I'm not sure about everyone else in the HC community, but this season has been extremely difficult for me to climb to legendary in WoG. Usually I get it in 25 battles (20 is a perfect season) but this month I'm at 45 battles and I'm back to level 24. Also I seem to be getting almost exclusively high vip, in previous seasons it was not like that (I'm low vip).

    Just curious to know how everyone else's experience has been this season.
    MrBender, Server 94
    (Formerly [SOL] Ocular, Server 102)
    FB: Ocular HC

  2. #2
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    9
    I haven't noticed any difference. This month I hit legend through the daily WoG match as always:
    24 Wins - 3 Losses (88%)

    If you face more high VIPs than before this could be because a lot of low VIPs have quit the game.
    We all know it is a Pay2Win game and it was already hard to compete against high VIPs due their strong
    VIP heroes. But on top nowadays you have to compete against higher Team Level, Gear Level and Training too.

  3. #3
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    949
    Rep Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by ocular View Post
    I'm not sure about everyone else in the HC community, but this season has been extremely difficult for me to climb to legendary in WoG. Usually I get it in 25 battles (20 is a perfect season) but this month I'm at 45 battles and I'm back to level 24. Also I seem to be getting almost exclusively high vip, in previous seasons it was not like that (I'm low vip).

    Just curious to know how everyone else's experience has been this season.
    ur not the only one, i usually end up 23/3 b4 i hit legend but this month was way worse. hopefully since we got wp now next month will go back to normal.
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 107, 1.8m+ Total Power, 32 Legendaries, 644 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 108k Team Power

  4. #4
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 12
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,203
    Rep Power
    82
    The same as previous months. Actually i quit a lot of matches sitting at level 25 just for the daily.

    Wp is good but not so good as he was back when he was released. Not a wog game changer, most of the time i use him as 6th player.

  5. #5
    Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Power
    51
    wp I almost never see in wog anymore, I only use him to counter mm teams or as a sub against non tf

  6. #6
    New Comers Contributor Level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    3
    I have reached legendary every month untill now. Been playing constantly for 8 hours today and still at 24 0 stars.

  7. #7
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by JarleBarle View Post
    I have reached legendary every month untill now. Been playing constantly for 8 hours today and still at 24 0 stars.
    I didnt make it this month either. Have the last several months. Just couldnt get there. Was at 25, 2 star about 4 times and got knocked back. Ended the season at 23............

  8. #8
    New Comers Contributor Level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    3
    I know this is all my own fault because lack of skill, but this is actually pushing me towards quitting. One may potentially miss 100 soul shards per month if you're not good enough for legendary. This way I am just falling more behind on others.

  9. #9
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    5
    I have reached legendary every time except for the first season until now. This month I ended at 24/0. For some reason I was getting waxed by lots of high vip's even losing to a few level 96 players with three star heroes. It was a VERY frustrating season.

  10. #10
    Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    258
    Rep Power
    12
    It is because most of the players in higher servers are strong now and they have the vip heroes. But if you are a high vip and you did not make it to legend then you might need to play and learn more about strategies and counter. And of course you will need luck as well because of rng.

  11. #11
    Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,817
    Rep Power
    104
    I'm not sure for what VIP11- actually need the almighty SS?
    all sign in heroes end in shop the month after,even I don't spend almighty SS on them,there's simply no need.
    Event heros that aren't added to shop got longer time might be worth it, or GT heroes if you having the coins to star them up....but honestly...stars don't matter much .
    Check calculator side and see the difference of a 3 star to 5 star.it isn't that much.4 star to 5 star is ofc even less difference.in fact in lot of situations less star heroes can be better and duck up higher powered teams.
    less HP means more often faster energy gain and with that faster ulti.
    The important thing is gear (which doesn't matter in WoG),skill lvl to a little distinct (which is bound to lvl and gear,so doesn't matter in WhO) and mostly training

  12. #12
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    949
    Rep Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    I'm not sure for what VIP11- actually need the almighty SS?
    all sign in heroes end in shop the month after,even I don't spend almighty SS on them,there's simply no need.
    Event heros that aren't added to shop got longer time might be worth it, or GT heroes if you having the coins to star them up....but honestly...stars don't matter much .
    Check calculator side and see the difference of a 3 star to 5 star.it isn't that much.4 star to 5 star is ofc even less difference.in fact in lot of situations less star heroes can be better and duck up higher powered teams.
    less HP means more often faster energy gain and with that faster ulti.
    The important thing is gear (which doesn't matter in WoG),skill lvl to a little distinct (which is bound to lvl and gear,so doesn't matter in WhO) and mostly training
    nuthin is "needed" in this game, everything is just a want. i had over 1000 universal frags saved up which is y i 5*ed frost dragon when he first came out, i also used them on 5* priestess, 3* void master, 5* trigger, 4* sky guardian. did i "need" to do that obviously not but it obviously gave a huge edge. not only is the vip11- at a disadvantage already without the vip heroes now u think they shouldnt even star up their non vip heroes...
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 107, 1.8m+ Total Power, 32 Legendaries, 644 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 108k Team Power

  13. #13
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4 Count_Chimael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    7
    It seemed harder than usual this month to get legend but I finally did
    [GOD]Azathoth: Leader of Godlike, Server 199 - Charge of the Dead
    3-time Guild Tournament champions
    Team Level 102 - VIP 10

  14. #14
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    7
    More and more players have 15 to 20 fully trained characters.

  15. #15
    Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Power
    51
    15-20 is nothing, you need 30-40 now you don't always use the same ones to attack

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •