Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tier List

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    machinist almost useless? my top sub in wog since the start and he works nice with gm on single target raids plus a lot of damage in boss war. i agree with the rest except him and ice mage.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    I thought about it and decided to split the D rank into:
    "D⇩" = D in all categories
    "D" = D in all except one category
    "D⇧" = D in all except two categories or at least a B in one category

There will be an update soon.

For heroes that get skins, I would put in separate entries for the skinned hero vs the non-skinned hero. For some heroes the skin doesn't make a huge difference (e.g. TF) but for others it makes an otherwise completely unusable hero usable in some aspects of the game (e.g. IM).
    MrBender, Server 94
    (Formerly [SOL] Ocular, Server 102)
    FB: Ocular HC

If the ranking of a hero depends on having the skin I write it in the Notes.
    You can scroll to the right to see if a hero has a skin or not.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyph View Post
    I agree that in my rankings I had to give some heroes a D that aren't that useless but no one pick them because either there are even more powerful heroes or they have no niche for now.

But if I add another Tier Level there will still be heroes that are between two level.

To clarify what hero on my list is D: Every hero that isn't frequently used at all and has no outstanding purpose in at least one mode. C heroes have to be used quite often in a certain mode without being solid in more than one mode. B are strong heroes that are not seen everywhere but in a lot of modes. A are the beste heroes you see nearly everywhere and S are the outstanding ones that have certain skill (or skillsets) that make them even better than an A hero.

What I could add is ↑, -, ↓:
    ↑ = Top end of a Tier Level
    - = Average of a Tier Level
    ↓ = Bottom end of a Tier Level

But then it gets even more complicated and I would need help to rank them all accurate.
    That's fine, like I said I really like what you did! So it is all up to you, because I know it takes time. Just letting you know what I think will make it more accurate for newbies.

I would be ok with not owning the "Useless" Heroes I listed, and maybe some of the others that I listed D/F. The ones I have at D or above are all useful in some way in my opinion. That is just it, it is an opinion. I just think players like myself who are 107 and have been playing for 2 and a 1/2 years and have damn near every player in the game may be able to paint a better picture for the new people. I would have loved to have this chart when I started playing.

So good work on creating it, because it is much needed and should be a sticky here

Thank you Tommy,

I think the Heroes Charge community is very hidden. Most of my information I do get from an invite only Line group.
    The whole idea why I started this project is to share my collected knowledge to all players who don't have access to that kind of groups.

Alendris does an amazing job with his videos and I wanted to create inspired by that an overview of every hero to help people on top of that when they ask themselves: "Which hero should I invest on first?".

Maybe I have to add another Tier Level to separate the completely useless from the sometimes useful but overall most of the time not that useful heroes.

I appreciate every feedback and/or suggestion. It helps me improving the Tier List overall. Sadly there were no real offers (beside of one) in helping with the ratings. If there where a hand full experienced players who would rank every hero I could average their rankings and we had a more accurate overall ranking. Feel free to write me a PM with an email address and I will send you a template sheet where you can set your rankings, save it and send it back to me.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyph View Post
    Thank you Tommy,

I think the Heroes Charge community is very hidden. Most of my information I do get from an invite only Line group.
    The whole idea why I started this project is to share my collected knowledge to all players who don't have access to that kind of groups.
    As someone who just started playing early oct on new server (210), I had NO CLUE what heroes were / do nor their names (when vs'ing ppl in wotg)... you're compilation and aggregation of heroes is laid out well enough / concise enough (yet also detailed) for me to find the hero picture, understand if its magic or physical dmg... or tank / support / control.

Keep up the amazing work, it's by far the no.1 reference any new player should have.

Regards,
    Kaiser

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    I think Steel Champion and Blade could make it to A. They are in the meta, some use them. Also good in some raid stages.

Quote Originally Posted by DerKaiser View Post
    As someone who just started playing early oct on new server (210), I had NO CLUE what heroes were / do nor their names (when vs'ing ppl in wotg)... you're compilation and aggregation of heroes is laid out well enough / concise enough (yet also detailed) for me to find the hero picture, understand if its magic or physical dmg... or tank / support / control.

Keep up the amazing work, it's by far the no.1 reference any new player should have.

Regards,
    Kaiser
    Note that these ratings are for the endgame. There are heroes doing excellent on lower levels but becoming garbage after a certain level.

Steel Champion could be A but I haven't seen him in the Meta for quite some time. That's why I rate him B.

Blade is very new. Will reevaluate him in a few weeks. Maybe he will step up into A Tier.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Steel Champion = A
    Blade = B

Well I disagree. Blade is more in the Meta than Steel Champion is currently.

A = In the Meta
    B = Strong but not in the Meta right now

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    I see sc in wog all the time, blade rarely

What server are you playing? I am on Server 44 and I reach every season legend. Haven't seen Steel Champion neither in Arena nor in War of the Gods for couple of months.

Steel is very much used in wog.

At 108 I'm sure he will get back to some arena teams.