Thread: How about a little balance in matches

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

How about a little balance in matches

Just an idea, others may have a better balancing mechanism, but there continues to be match after match when people attack with 20, 30, 50 wizards in order to plunder 5k, 10k goods... There needs to be some kind of balancing mechanism as this is called a win for the attacker, when they are spending many times the amount of resources than they are plundering. How is this a win?

I would suggest that if an attacker does not plunder more resources than they used to attack in a match, they did not win and the defender should not lose honor. War on map is a bit different because you are often attacking there to reduce influence or move a player, not just plunder, so it is reasonable to expend more resources than you are gaining, but a match is different. I have had someone use 50+ wizards to plunder less than 5000 each of coins and goods. That paid for what, 4 of the wizards they used? Sure, they destroyed me, but what did that prove, and why should they gain "honor" for that and I lose? Economics of the battle should be a factor at least in determining winner, not just how many buildings were destroyed.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    I agree with you.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    I agree, that is way more equitable. I can go and level a city but if the cost out ways the plunder, did I really win? The honor system needs to be modified. It should promote the least amount of troops when attacking in match or a modifier that would allow for a win is a win, but if your plunder/troops cost was negative it would reduce your honor gained and vice versa if it went the other way.

A match should be between two people who are "close" in rank to one another, by no more then 3 levels. Having a level 30 pummel a level 13 is no way a "match". It's more like obliteration. Also, the winner gets protection? He wins the match and is now protected? Sorry, I don't follow that bit of logic. What honor was achieved by a level 30 beating a level 13? A point? two? Any more then that would be a joke. If we're going to have matches, at least put them in the arena where both opponents are even in rank or very close to it. My two cents.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    While the Match system is pretty obviously very poorly thought out (from the 'level playing field' perspective), the biggest problem has nothing to do with the troops expended, at least not when you're talking about dramatic differences in player level.

The biggest problem is that by the time a player reaches 30, s/he's got an effective Gladiator's Leap that makes it possible to destroy even reasonably well developed defenses without a single troop entering the arena. Couple that with 2 and 3 star troops, and you'll win 99% of matches, no matter who the opponent is.

they are going for easy honor points to open gems and unlock building buffs and get new heros it is easier and safer to win a 10 city than a 30

Dawnseeker
    I agree that players should not be rewarded for attacking much weaker players. I don't think plunder is a good indicator though, as even some top players try to keep plunder low.

Zg6kuhiyuiuouoiuoipi;opo
    ;li jl;kilkljlokjyu //////////////////////////////op

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Since there's always so many people doing matches, and you can expect to be put in protection the moment you pop out, how about we lower the protection times, and have it so the protection lasts less time the higher the town hall and commander level is. Take the amount of honor out of the equation entirely and just have the higher level people fight someone within a reasonable level of theirs. Also, probably shouldn't allow the matches to cross servers while each one is under protection, as they're different ages and I don't think it's cool for someone with far more time playing should draw someone in a match who has only played for 3 days and would have no defense against them.

i think the prob is, that the defence is way too weak, how can it be that a handfull wizards for maybe a 100k goods run over a base that cost a few millions coins? they do so much damage per sek, that a canon cant even turn around before it dies...

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    i agree with you easy , its just not fun to defend in this game because you spend all this time , days, weeks building up your defence and a guy with spartacus, 5 grunts and 10 wizards sweep the whole defence to its foundation. that sucks , i mean what the point of building a defense when it gets run over in less than a minute , evony really need to look at the defense mechanism , maybe buff health of some buildings so they withstand more damage , or nerf the heroes like spartacus , or nerf the troops , the game is too offense focused and its not fun that way

yes there should be a lvl difference in there. in attacks between high lvl's and lower lvl's

There is no defense in this game it is all about zherging with wizards. COE is 100% offense

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Thanks evony - im done
    Last edited by <F-U>jjay; 07-01-2014 at 03:04 PM.