Thread: Arena win not registered

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

Thumbs up Arena win not registered

Apparently, arena bugs still exist in Heroes Charge. I had a win at position 212 on a 90+ position but I remained at 212 after the win. I don't really give a damn now since I used up all my fights today, but ffs - fix this annoying bug.

My acct ID if you want to check - 26523309

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 general100's Avatar
    Before your fight was resolved, your opponent changed his arena rank (he won his own attack or he was attacked and lost), so you cant exchange your rank with him.
    I agree it is a problem, I dont know if it can be corrected somehow, but at least that your fight should not be counted as arena fight imo.
    Betty, can you please inform us if developers have some solution for us? Thank you.
    [Bz] Fridex
    Guild Bezier
    Server 69

Quote Originally Posted by general100 View Post
    Before your fight was resolved, your opponent changed his arena rank (he won his own attack or he was attacked and lost), so you cant exchange your rank with him.
    I agree it is a problem, I dont know if it can be corrected somehow, but at least that your fight should not be counted as arena fight imo.
    Betty, can you please inform us if developers have some solution for us? Thank you.
    If he changed his rank, shouldn't it be an easy solution? When I click on Attack button, check opponent's current rank - is it same as rank displayed when client clicked on Refresh/Arena button? Yes - commence fight. No - dismiss and cancel fight. Real difficult there!

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Dear Leader
    Sorry for the inconvenience. The Arena ranking is not updated realtime that if the player's rank was dropped behind you when you attacked him. Your rank will remain the same. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

So from your answer, does this mean this bug won't be fixed?

1) Yes, that is what Betty wrote
    2) No, it is not so easy solution. If you want to know something about it try to read something about mutual exclusion.
    [Bz] Fridex
    Guild Bezier
    Server 69

What does this have to do with mutual exclusion? You can just store the value of 'old' rank on the client, and check against the actual rank of opponent at time of input of attack button.

It is not so easy verve. Every action needs some time to process. It is problem with parallel access. Try to read something about it, it is not so hard to understand.
    [Bz] Fridex
    Guild Bezier
    Server 69