Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: VIP Hero of August : Halberd Master

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Im pretty sure no one miss you everywhere, retard....

Quote Originally Posted by maddy1111 View Post
    so? just leave ... no one will miss you

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    or open an account in a new server and get all the cool new heroes... if I could give one vip lvl to others so they reach vip 11 and stop calling a retard everyone else I would.

I still play lylat wars from N64 (very rarely though), for pure nostalgia. So let's say uh123abc is right, 150$ for a VIP11 is very expensive compared to 30$ that may be any PS1 game. Still there are 2 factors on how this game is compared to any old platform game: it is a moba, so you have lots of "added value" : you can brag, you can speak to others, you can be a troll, you can be social. So I wouldn't compare any old platform game to this one, just the new ones. But the main different factor is that in HC you have to spend time, you can't reach lvl 100 unless you spend about 6month-year and 1.5-2year for lvl 105, and it looks (at least for me) it will be another 1.5 years for lvl 110 (fuck I even moved 3 times and twice of country while playing heroes charge). I don't know about the latest games - I don't dare to play or else I would be sucked up- but I'm not sure they require you so much time (ok now speaking on those terms it really looks like a waste of time haha). So I can replay my old N64 as many times as I want but in HC I am actually not replaying it, but getting new stuff and getting new content constantly.

On the other hand, it is obvious that ucool have a business model and it is more important than "our feelings", and it is not much about getting the maximum of "subscription based" players as they can but it is more about not putting any limit on the amount of money you can spend - luckily it gets exponentially useless the more you spend if you don't add "time" in between - . The problem here is that this business model works...I believe it was also uh123abc who said that: that's purely human greed, we want more and more, especially if the other players have more too - there, the bad aspect of the social part. So eventually this becomes more and more P2W, which is the initial complain I believe. On what I am totally unsure is at which point are we right now on this Pay2Win scale. If you put a 10 where you must pay to win and a 1 where paying is completely irrelevant to win, where are we, at 5? We are obviously not at 1, but I don't think we are too unbalanced either. (and on this scale then there is the other dimension "how much money" is required to win?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    OK, how many people you think are out there buying and playing a game for a couple of years (except WoW which is always an exception in that matter) and especially how many bought and play JUST that one game.
    That compared to a typical gamer who buys a couple of games every year, some more some less.

And how many other such mobile games you are playing?
    Most of the ones out there are designed that way or even "worse".
    Supercell for example made out of 2-3 games a collobareted revenue of 2,3 billion dollars(btw with an earning of 1m) in 2016 which mainly comes from clash of heroes and clash Royale.
    With an max turnover of 2,1 million dollars per day!
    The mobile gaming market is rated with 40 billion in total 2016
    From where do you think that comes? From the million players not spending a dime?
    Why do you think even most traditional gaming companies start to publish more and more mobile games? Or for quite a while now also drifted away from buy the game and that's it Model, but release DLCs you pay extra, release other purchaseabke content (and season passes)
    It's on contrary the exact opposite of what you are saying. It is exactly about how much you enjoy it and how long you play it, the more you are willing to invest. Be it little or huge, but majority of players spend here and there,especially when it gives you advantages

And I repeat myself, this whole discussion came up as someone meant VIP11 is something that needs huge investment - it does not for 3 years compared to a lot other things.
    By the way, your comparison of "3 years of game play for $150" vs 3-4 games" has few flaws.

First of all, you're comparing a mobile vs pc games.
    Then, the PC games usually offer some kind of replayability. You can play them several times, or come to them after few years. Good example being the Final Fantasy saga.
    Then, when you buy the PC games, you're not in risk that someone just decides to flip the switch and cancel the service within a single day. This will not happen in those PC games (speaking about Single player).
    Your 3 years of playtime experience consists of doing the same, monotonous task every, single, day - In one hour, or maybe not even that, you can complete all daily quests. In this game, you're limited by stamina or resources in general. The only thing you can do pretty much endlessly is plundering. And that is a feature that hasn't been here even one year ago I think. So I don't think this kind of gameplay, where you basically need to to spend just one hour per day to be done with it can be qualified as yours "3 years of experience"

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    OK, how many people you think are out there buying and playing a game for a couple of years (except WoW which is always an exception in that matter) and especially how many bought and play JUST that one game.
    That compared to a typical gamer who buys a couple of games every year, some more some less.

And how many other such mobile games you are playing?
    Most of the ones out there are designed that way or even "worse".
    Supercell for example made out of 2-3 games a collobareted revenue of 2,3 billion dollars(btw with an earning of 1m) in 2016 which mainly comes from clash of heroes and clash Royale.
    With an max turnover of 2,1 million dollars per day!
    The mobile gaming market is rated with 40 billion in total 2016
    From where do you think that comes? From the million players not spending a dime?
    Why do you think even most traditional gaming companies start to publish more and more mobile games? Or for quite a while now also drifted away from buy the game and that's it Model, but release DLCs you pay extra, release other purchaseabke content (and season passes)
    It's on contrary the exact opposite of what you are saying. It is exactly about how much you enjoy it and how long you play it, the more you are willing to invest. Be it little or huge, but majority of players spend here and there,especially when it gives you advantages

And I repeat myself, this whole discussion came up as someone meant VIP11 is something that needs huge investment - it does not for 3 years compared to a lot other things.
    i play 3-4 mobile games at a time if u wanna know and have been since iphone4 release. im glad u used supercell games as an example since i played clash of clan for over a year and i played clash royale. since they made so much money like ur saying u must believe they have a really good marketing strategy. go ahead and tell me 1 unbalanced item in game u cant get as a f2p? o wait there isnt any cause its not wat ucool has currently changed into. u dont have heroes in clash of clans obtainable only to people who pay owning 3 of ur heroes nor do u have cards in clash royale a f2p cannot open in a box. its a perfect example for me, not u, to show heading towards p2w is not the way to go.
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 106, 1.4m+ Total Power, 25 Legendaries, 585 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 95k Team Power

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    I tried Clash Royale and it's worst money draw ever.
    You can play couple of days before you advance in Arena or how that was called and you can't afford new cards/lvls without huge and long grind.
    Which basically is the same in HC, except here you wait for heroes to get released to Shops
    Please Google Clash Royale p2w and read hundreds of posts in different forums sounding very familiar with here

But whatsoever - one has to know when to stop discussing.... Noone will ever change their opinions anyway

I tried Clash Royale and it's worst money draw ever.
    You can play couple of days before you advance in Arena or how that was called and you can't afford new cards/lvls without huge and long grind.
    Which basically is the same in HC, except here you wait for heroes to get released to Shops
    Please Google Clash Royale p2w and read hundreds of posts in different forums sounding very familiar with here

But whatsoever - one has to know when to stop discussing.... Noone will ever change their opinions anyway
    it is no where near the same in HC. in clash grinding as a f2p is expected but after the grind ur on par with the payers. in hc u dont even have the option to grind and ur no where near on par with the payers. how can u even say its basically the same. there is 0 options in this game that lets a f2p be on par with a p2p. theres a huge diff between not changing opinions and not accepting the facts that many are showing u.
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 106, 1.4m+ Total Power, 25 Legendaries, 585 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 95k Team Power

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I agree 100% that CoC is the perfect example for a balanced game (as balanced as it can be a game that you can spend money) And Clash Royale has good balance. Money helps you to have faster progress and not op heroes that most players cant get. Also you need to have very good real time skills except from strategy if you want to master the game. In HC all PVP content its auto and the only thing that you have to do is to have a good set up of strong heroes. All companies want to get more money but as abcd said Supercell has great marketing strategy. On the other hand Ucool only cares for a snatch forasmuch as they can.

So, you say you are able to reach top rankings in Arena without paying. Exactly same as high spenders do, do you really want to say that?
    If not, it's already same principle p2w as per your own definition.
    If you tell me you can reach everything by grinding same a spender does, it just takes "longer" I ask you what longer is? Days, week, or months? If you reach that point, the spenders stay at same or are again months ahead?
    And the fact (which is a fact can be looked up on multiple sites) they earn that money shows perfectly well what kind of game it is.
    And the hundred posts you can find in net as well as in playstore apprating ... That I would call many, whereas I can't find many here showing facts.
    You like that one better? Your opinion, doesn't change a thing on the principle

So, you say you are able to reach top rankings in Crusade without paying. Exactly same as high spenders do, do you really want to say that?
    If not, it's already same principle p2w as per your own definition.
    If you tell me you can reach everything by grinding same a spender does, it just takes "longer" I ask you what longer is? Days, week, or months? If you reach that point, the spenders stay at same or are again months ahead?
    And the fact (which is a fact can be looked up on multiple sites) they earn that money shows perfectly well what kind of game it is.
    And the hundred posts you can find in net as well as in playstore apprating ... That I would call many, whereas I can't find many here showing facts.
    You like that one better? Your opinion, doesn't change a thing on the principle
    You completely misunderstood what Savatage said.
    Everyone has the same possibilities - just that people paying for the game are able to reach the goal faster.

If I had the possibility to farm Soul Stones of VIP heroes from Campaigns one per day, I wouldn't probably mind as much - It would have taken me almost three months to get the hero, but I would get it eventually. Yes. VIP players would still be ahead, but only by those 3 months, not 9 or whenever the hell WP was introduced.

I mean, I understand - you're probably VIP player, so you have to defend your stand even though people are telling you how wrong you are.

We dont say that high spenders dont have advantage if you face them but almost always you will not. The balance of the game ensure this. For example you are TH9 and you have clan wars. When you search you will find and fight against a clan with similar power and usually your opponent will be a TH9 or a not so developed TH10. When you farm its the same. Many TH9 and TH10. Sometimes TH11 but you can avoid them. If you are in a hurry you can spend and max TH11 in a few weeks. But if you dont you can easily enjoy the game and be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourec View Post
    You completely misunderstood what Savatage said.
    Or he does not want to change his opinion. Its fair enough.

I was speaking about CR,and want to know if you think it's possible to be in top ladder ranking without spending - I don't think so.
    Do you have all those cards and have them upgraded to those levels they have? Again, I don't think so.
    Again, search the net for forum entries, app critics, articles and you see what majority of players say about the game.
    From an good article about a "semi-hardcore" player following quote:
    Someone did some calculations, and apparently it would take about 22 years to “max out” your collection in Clash Royale, playing for free, something which Pat has done by spending $12K. That’s…not great, even for an industry where “encouraging” people to pay for microtransactions by having a long grind otherwise is standard.
    And yes, those games had better marketing and hence more players. But if you break down collaborated players per days with revenue from purchases per day (you can find this in several business articles) - you will come to pretty decent amount EACH player spends per day. Ofc you will have quite a lot not paying anything and therefor others paying more (those being ahead) - which describes what? A p2w game.
    You might can get everything there sooner. But not in same shape as spenders. It would be comparable as VIP11- can also get every hero, but can't upgrade them to lvl106+ R3 for long long time... Different, but same in the end.

You might can get everything there sooner. But not in same shape as spenders. It would be comparable as VIP11- can also get every hero, but can't upgrade them to lvl106+ R3 for long long time... Different, but same in the end.
    And that's is something that could be changed = > Have heroes available to everyone, but offer VIP players certain ways to quickly gear up their heroes. They would still have advantage over non VIP Players, just not that big.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Today in WOG the people are all using the Fucking Overpowered Halberd Master even with 3 Stars, and doing the most damage of the fight....

I dont remember the idiot who as compared the Halberd Master with the Cat loli ( HAHAHAHAHAHA) and as says its better to use the cat loli, i as not seen a fucking Cat loli in WOG...

I was speaking about CR,and want to know if you think it's possible to be in top ladder ranking without spending - I don't think so.
    Do you have all those cards and have them upgraded to those levels they have? Again, I don't think so.
    Again, search the net for forum entries, app critics, articles and you see what majority of players say about the game.
    From an good article about a "semi-hardcore" player following quote:

And yes, those games had better marketing and hence more players. But if you break down collaborated players per days with revenue from purchases per day (you can find this in several business articles) - you will come to pretty decent amount EACH player spends per day. Ofc you will have quite a lot not paying anything and therefor others paying more (those being ahead) - which describes what? A p2w game.
    if u wanna talk about clash royale thats fine too cause i played it up to the highest arena lvl. the diff from hc like i stated is every card is available to the non spenders. yes if u pay enough u will have higher lvl cards faster but i will have the same exact thing after some grinding. the perfect example is training in HC yes u can max ur heroes in 1 day and be stronger than me but 1 month later my heroes will also be maxed and were equal.