Thread: Facebook Friends Feature

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

Facebook Friends Feature

My suggestion would be that when you receive help from a friend it should come in the form of a question mark, like an unopened gift box. The only way to open these to see what is inside is by using a gift card. Once you see what is inside you can choose to take the gift or not. The only way to get gift cards would be to "help friends". For each friend you help you get one gift card. In this way, those that contribute will benefit and those that don't will not.

I send almost 1500 "help friends" daily....and I don't even get half that in return.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    It is a good start of an idea. But we spend 40 mins to 1 h to send gifts... than to look for every single gift will take another 4 houres to make 20 gems claims ) Must ne able to open 10 or 20 gifts at once with 20 gift cards...and claim just what you want..

I agree! This will also help keep this feature alive, as I see it now, people are already starting to disregard this feature as too time consuming. Everyday i get less and less people sending me "gifts"

So, I started counting, my average numbers look like this...

gifts per day sent - 1540
    gifts per day received - 371
    gems gifts collected per day - 16-18
    average number of gifts needed to collect a gem - 22

These numbers tell me that this feature is requesting 25% of the community to support the rest...and at this rate that number will only go down as more and more people start to realize they don't "have" to send gifts. Eventually your moral obligation will give in to real life time constraints and the "I've sent enough gifts / I've spent enough time on this" mentality.

So I suggest in an earlier post...
    When you send a gift you get a "gift card". When you receive a gift it comes in the form of a question mark. In order to see what kind of gift you received you need to use a "gift card". After you see what kind of gift you got then you can choose whether to claim it or not. I know it seems like more work...but from my numbers you technically only need 20 pages of "active" facebook friends to max out gems because each page of friends is about 22 people.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I only have 7 pages of friends.

To the guy who send 1540 and receives 370, a cleanup of friends may be required