Thread: Light bringer / chaplain combo

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

Light bringer / chaplain combo

I know 110 is currently way down the road for even the oldest servers, but with current heroes in WoG there is a big elephant sitting in the room. Is there a kill solution for master mage team anymore? There doesn't seem to be a high percentage play particularly when you through in magic breaker and / or manipulator that doesn't end in timeout.
    This has two effects: first, there is an immediate narrowing WoG tactics, and second, it begs the question of what arena defense will look like in the future. I would like to see if anyone has a better handle on this then I do.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Just allow players ban 1 hero per team before fight.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    I kill it almost every time now.
    1. Don't show CPU your hand too soon. Like if you have 1st choice at start go with sorceress or someone that can go either way. Then if you see the classic team get chose (i.e. Chap,lb,mm) you know the rest have to counter. Rabbit, rose fencer, divine knight, chemist woulld have good chance with sorceress against them. If u win great. U will be in good position as long as you don't let CPU set u up with them next round. Your welcome.
    And btw. I like to put hn in the sixth spot so she don't take initial damage. Mm,mb,chap,lb,wp, and hn in 6 spot alomos quarateed

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    or match lb/chappie with his and go for time out with most damage

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4 Count_Chimael's Avatar
    Legendary lightning elemental is very useful against those kind of teams. Not guaranteed, but it gives you a much bigger window to control the team before chaplain can heal or magic breaker can put up the shield
    [GOD]Azathoth: Leader of Godlike, Server 199 - Charge of the Dead
    3-time Guild Tournament champions
    Team Level 102 - VIP 10

New Comers
    i just retreat if i see this combo, even if i won the first battle, its not fun anymore, meh

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    It's nerfed to death on testserver. Curious to see how many of them that complained about it, will cry that it should be changed back...

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    I dont see much difference at 106 r3 yet in a couple of sample runs in plundering, if they nerfed the crazy 110 crap then I'm good with that

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Forlorn View Post
    I dont see much difference at 106 r3 yet in a couple of sample runs in plundering, if they nerfed the crazy 110 crap then I'm good with that
    It is testserver. And I'm sure you won't like it,as it will make plundering a pain in the ass. Chap only gets not even half energy bar back from LB now for a full undisturbed ulti

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    to be honest im fine with the current lb and chap in game, it just need a little bit more time to find counter against it. And by the time all reach 110, im sure by then there are new heroes that can effectively counter lb+chap combination.

the only think i have problem with is that annoying mm team, always the same lol.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    as most have said, it is not un-defeatable (just very hard and you need some luck too). For Wog, you can kind of throw away some heroes on that round and try to win the other two roudns. there are enough good heroes by now to fool the opponent and make him/her think that you are playing seriously even on that round (so he/she also uses some strong heroes on that round too). I'm good with it being nerfed too though... I don't mind, I don't spend hours plundering, so if it gets harder for the others and they plunder less that will make me more competitive ah ha!