Thread: Troll Champion Target Priority Problem

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

Troll Champion Target Priority Problem

not always, but occasionally, Troll Champion's ultimate skill 'Deadly Shot' does NOT target the enemy with the lowest health, especially when they're in a large group of 3 or more. pls check and fix (and yes, they enemy with lowest health is in the circled range and yes i have target priority set to 'lowest health' not 'nearest')

New Comers
    It doesn't attack the lowest health everytime. It attacks whoever you are currently attacking. If the enemy that has the lowest health is too far back for your basic attack to hit them then it will retarget for someone closer. Therefore his ultra will attack that target. Not the target with the lowest health

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Correct, you'll have to manually aim to be safe.

no, even if I'm not attacking anyone at the time I prepare to use the skill. for example, i come into the group from another area and plan to 'slay' the target in the group with the lowest health but often, it does not target one with the lowest health (which it should since i haven't attacked anyone yet). there is no way to manually select at target for this skill, it auto selects based on range. also, the enemy it DOES attack isn't within basic attack range either while the lowest health could be within basic attack range but still doesn't get targeted. this has happened several times so if it was a one-off or a fluke i wouldn't start a thread about it

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaiGamerGirl View Post
    no, even if I'm not attacking anyone at the time I prepare to use the skill. for example, i come into the group from another area and plan to 'slay' the target in the group with the lowest health but often, it does not target one with the lowest health (which it should since i haven't attacked anyone yet). there is no way to manually select at target for this skill, it auto selects based on range. also, the enemy it DOES attack isn't within basic attack range either while the lowest health could be within basic attack range but still doesn't get targeted. this has happened several times so if it was a one-off or a fluke i wouldn't start a thread about it
    Dear Player
    Our developer told me that Troll Champion's Ultimate attacks Troll Champion's current target. And I will let our developer know about your case and see if it can be improved. You may try push auto attack button while moving to get your current target first in the current version. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

yes, if I AM NOT ATTACKING anyone yet (meaning, I've just come into the group battle), now I have to maneuver to insure the target with lowest health is in the circled range AND the closest in proximity. Occasionally, it targets lowest health and it works as intended but SOMETIMES it doesn't. It would make sense that it does target the enemy with lowest health because the kill resets the CD of the skill. I think anyone would want that

Dear Player
    Our developer told me that it will be fixed in the next 1 or 2 update. Her ultimate in the current version will target the last target or the one with lowest HP player if she has no target at the moment. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

this happened again today but even worse...the target i was attacking was at lowest health and when i hit her ultimate to finish the kill, it targeted a completely different enemy hero in range! this was another time it happened when the battle was in a larger group but it was obvious because enemy i was trying to kill was closer to me than the enemy hero my ultimate targeted! grrrrrr

this happened again today but even worse...the target i was attacking was at lowest health and when i hit her ultimate to finish the kill, it targeted a completely different enemy hero in range! this was another time it happened when the battle was in a larger group but it was obvious because enemy i was trying to kill was closer to me than the enemy hero my ultimate targeted! grrrrrr
    Dear Player
    We will report your case to our developers again. And are you sure that your current were also within range please? Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

I'm absolutely positive because it happened again today. I was attacking an enemy hero and as i got his health down to where i knew i could finish him with my ultimate, it switched to target another enemy hero who was FARTHER away from me but in range! I repeat, both enemy heroes were in range, the one with lowest health was closer to me and the ultimate targeted the enemy hero with more health. there were other instances where it wouldn't target the enemy hero with lowest health in a group during play today but this was the most obvious example

I'm absolutely positive because it happened again today. I was attacking an enemy hero and as i got his health down to where i knew i could finish him with my ultimate, it switched to target another enemy hero who was FARTHER away from me but in range! I repeat, both enemy heroes were in range, the one with lowest health was closer to me and the ultimate targeted the enemy hero with more health. there were other instances where it wouldn't target the enemy hero with lowest health in a group during play today but this was the most obvious example
    Dear Player
    Could you also tell us which hero you were trying to attack and which hero the Ultimate actually landed on please? So that we could try reproduce the problem. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

it has happened with multiple heroes both the target with lowest health and the target with greater health. when it happens again, i'll save the video for reference and reply again

it has happened with multiple heroes both the target with lowest health and the target with greater health. when it happens again, i'll save the video for reference and reply again
    Dear Player
    That would be great. And we are still trying to reproduce the problem so that we can locate the sections of the code which would cause the problem. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty