Thread: Suggestion for strengthening Guild participation on servers

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

Suggestion for strengthening Guild participation on servers

We currently have a 50 member guild with 2248 activity atm. That is just the most extreme example of guild inactivity on our server. While sever merging might help servers overall it won't solve most of the problem of all the deadwood inactive players in guilds on many servers so here is my suggestion to stop active players from wallowing in their inactive/small guilds.

1) Make it so anyone who doesn't log in for 30 days is automatically expelled from a guild.
    2) Make it so any guild smaller than 5 members for more than 60 days is automatically dissolved.
    3) Add a guildless chat room for the resulting active lower lvl guildless players so they can find each other and start new guilds, or get recruited by other small guilds. (Guilds using World chat mostly ignores lower lvl players and it is useless for them)

The numbers I used are just suggested examples.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    To be honest I don't understand the need for this kind of request and here is why-
    1.Inactive players can be removed by leader and officers, if all of them are inactive as well people can simply leave the guild and form a new one or ask Ucool for help in transfering leader position to someone else(but I think there already is something about that in game cause long time ago I got leader position no idea how after some time of our leader being inactive)
    2. Why? What is a problem if people want to keep it as small group, it's their right to do so for whatever reason.Not saying I like that or supporting it but simply I don't see a reason why they shouldn't be allowed to have guild like that
    3. World chat is just what you asked and low level players can join together and make a guild for themselves if those with high levels won't accept them(and it's pointless having lvl 60 for example in guild while you have all 100-105 players for example, not even to mention those that are all 105 for long time now. Ofc they can make new chat for that but is there really a need for such thing?
    Hope you don't get me wrong but just had to comment on this since I truly didn't see point in any of this. Ofc you have a right to suggest whatever you think can improve game but just my thoughts on this...
    TL 105, VIP 11, AHP 1.522m, Hero Stars 570; Heroes No: 114 - 56 r2, 6 r1, 24 r, 24 o2, 3 o1; 31 Legendaries, 12 max trained heroes

Not to worry I don't have a problem with your opinion. If you were on a dieing server where only the top 10 guilds have over 10k activity you might get the point of wanting to do something to get the players hanging on in dead guilds to come fill in the many unfilled spots in the top 10 guilds that no amount of recruiting seems to help fill.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I've been on a server where only the top 5 guilds have over 10k activity points and not even the top 5 have a full 50 members. And still no I don't want to get people in dead guilds because I also have few accounts in dead guilds. In dead guilds there is no pressure, I can login whenever I want. I can spend anywhere from 0 to 1k stamina. If you are in a competitive guild you also would not want those kind of players anyway. Some of them are low level, just playing for fun or playing with just their friends. I say just let them do what they want.

I fully understand that Tres and took it into account with my suggestion. There would of course be a lot of chaff that would become either guildless or band together with like minded players. But there would also be the few gems who would become motived to join an active guild and even a reduced activity player would be better than an unfilled spot in an otherwise fully active guild.
    You have several alt accounts in dead guilds so naturally I wouldn't expect you to like my suggestions. I know of no honest use for alt accounts if they aren't actively utilized to their full potential so the fact that you and those like you would be inconvenienced by my suggestion bothers me not one wit.
    BTW I'm vip 17, 1.75M AHP, and have 0 alt accounts.

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Still don't get the point.
    As Lady said, leader and officers of guilds see the activity and last logo of all members and can kick people not doing wanted activity.
    People that are motivated to play and want the advantages of being in an active guild will have their own motivation to join such.
    Before I joined an really active strong guild long long ago I was in quite some where I quite as I saw nothings going on.
    Still there might be people/guilds that like to keep it small and don't care about much - why shouldn't they be allowed to. What do you think happens if they get automatically removed? They join again such guilds or don't care to join any...

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Uncle's Avatar
    This is what i called "members who didn't log in from a loooooooong time"