Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guild Tournament Management

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I think it is a bad idea, mainly for the reasons stated by Archon. If officers can move around players there is no point keeping players active, and there is no point for them to go to this part - maybe just once in a while to change their teams.
    Having each people move according to a pre-defined plan is the best part of GT and should be kept. In addition: I am in the top guild on my server, but as we mostly work on internal growth we are not very competitive (yet...?) in GT in our area. But people are very responsive and we make sure they remain as such. It is up to the leader and to the officers to keep most people motivated enough for the game as well.
    Server 124 / Guild Frenchy - 110099570 (International)

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by anagrys View Post
    I think it is a bad idea, mainly for the reasons stated by Archon. If officers can move around players there is no point keeping players active, and there is no point for them to go to this part - maybe just once in a while to change their teams.
    Having each people move according to a pre-defined plan is the best part of GT and should be kept. In addition: I am in the top guild on my server, but as we mostly work on internal growth we are not very competitive (yet...?) in GT in our area. But people are very responsive and we make sure they remain as such. It is up to the leader and to the officers to keep most people motivated enough for the game as well.
    a little too optimistic for probably over 50% of the guilds and players playing the game. there is no particular way a guild leader can 'keep people motivated enough', that's up to ucool and the individual player. congrats on being in the top guild, which by the way, are the only ones who deem this feature unnecessary.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    First of all, if officers can move teams, people have less reason to login or use their brains. Secondly, such feature allow people move teams to screw guild and allow their opponents win without much problem. Most of players in international use english and 2-3 words enough for tournament. Anyone can understand something like "Player XXXX move your teams to 1 line / top line". If people want rewards, they find methods to communicate with each other. If people don't want rewards, even such feature can't help them

Ya'll are missing the point, its not ALL about ppl cant understand, its about when people login and actually get the message, its about understanding the message, its about semi or inactive people that you CAN'T replace, or a couple of people that truly do not care, but you cant replace.... it's not about using brains either, the players still have to make teams, or at least inactive players have teams already done. not to mention, if you have only 2 or 3 people that failed to get the message, and its the last hour, then you as an officer have to try to determine who actually did not move, and who is currently online so you can adjust. In an ideal world of all active guilds and players, your arguments make perfect sense, in a game that at the very least is having difficulty retaining players in all servers, and each server is dominated by 1 or 2 guilds, the rest simply cannot compete, which means they lose interest, which means less players etc etc etal.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    I disagree on so many levels.. The biggest one is ..I can see guild leaders rigging the GT to help each other move up.. no one but the player themselves should move teams in the GT. Just my opinion. Thank you
    "YOUR ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR LAST BATTLE"
    "YOUR POWER AND EGO WILL ONLY GET YOU SO FAR"
    Server 58
    Guild: Time Lords
    Username: wardoctor-tl (Guild Leader)
    Guild ID: 110021287
    LINE chat ID: war_doctor

We are a balance of casual and competitive players. Active. All Levels. We are building for our future.
    We proudly belong to a 10 Guild Alliance that helps players get ready for the Guild Tournament.
    We are building to be competitive. Always looking for players

Quote Originally Posted by Forlorn View Post
    Ya'll are missing the point, its not ALL about ppl cant understand, its about when people login and actually get the message, its about understanding the message, its about semi or inactive people that you CAN'T replace, or a couple of people that truly do not care, but you cant replace.... it's not about using brains either, the players still have to make teams, or at least inactive players have teams already done. not to mention, if you have only 2 or 3 people that failed to get the message, and its the last hour, then you as an officer have to try to determine who actually did not move, and who is currently online so you can adjust. In an ideal world of all active guilds and players, your arguments make perfect sense, in a game that at the very least is having difficulty retaining players in all servers, and each server is dominated by 1 or 2 guilds, the rest simply cannot compete, which means they lose interest, which means less players etc etc etal.
    Good points, but such feature don't help in this situation. You need this to move 5-6 inactive players, but when guild members heard about this feature you can quickly face 10-15 inactive members. Guilds with active players dominant more easy, and people change guilds/servers even faster.

Quote Originally Posted by wardoctor42 View Post
    I disagree on so many levels.. The biggest one is ..I can see guild leaders rigging the GT to help each other move up.. no one but the player themselves should move teams in the GT. Just my opinion. Thank you
    I would think that logic is flawed on a couple levels, firstly, they can do this anyway, usually the leader or a specified officer sends out mass mails to position teams in lanes, so they can already do this by simply telling everyone to go to top lane for example, and losing the match, in either case of moving or having players move, it will be seen as soon as someone looks at the lineup after the battle. We already witness guilds, specifically on server 100, putting out a stupid lineup and losing when the rate of return on the opponent was high.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Omg yes to all of this!!!!! I would love to be able to adjust my guild's teams as needed!!!!
    Last edited by Fierywater96; 04-28-2017 at 02:12 AM. Reason: missing words

Quote Originally Posted by Fierywater96 View Post
    Omg yes to all of this!!!!! I would love to be able to adjust my guilds as needed!!!!
    yeah, let's turn guilds from bunch of friends into bunch of bots

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    How would it be turning a bunch of friends to a bunch of bots? International guilds not only have to deal with multiple languages you have to deal with different GMTs as well. If you need to make last minute adjustments because someone jumped into your group that you weren't expecting? Or what if you gave instructions and they decide not to follow through with them? Most players would rather just set up the formations and let someone else do all the work and just reap the rewards.

out of curiosity, what's your guilds activity points level, and how do you fare in GT's typically?

Quote Originally Posted by Forlorn View Post
    out of curiosity, what's your guilds activity points level, and how do you fare in GT's typically?
    We stay in #2 on activity points for years, sometimes #1. Right now we have 40 ppl (and beat 50 ppl guilds... but go down on #3 or #4 on activity level), and almost always pass first rounds. Biggest record we beat semi-finals when we have full guild. With 40 people, we beat 1/8 few times. Our server not such active. Only 2 guilds from our server always pass first rounds, we and #1 guild AH. We have core russian speaking players, but also have english speaking, german & spanish. Use english for players outside of Russia. Yeah, we have people from different time zones. But in most times, players move right teams to right lines in time. Game have enough time for this.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Yeah, I was a guild leader in a top guild for a long time and am now just a member in another. It won't make it easy to cheat and throw matches if guild leaders could do this. As a leader you could do that anyway since members can't see other members (and publishing the strategy public anyway is a bad idea). But having the leaders able to do most of the work is a bad idea. I hated having to constantly recruit but we would have just kept a bunch of super strong players who quit and kept moving their teams and that gets super boring. It's frustrating when people don't move or can't follow directions but coordination is kind of the point as others said.

We stay in #2 on activity points for years, sometimes #1. Right now we have 40 ppl (and beat 50 ppl guilds... but go down on #3 or #4 on activity level), and almost always pass first rounds. Biggest record we beat semi-finals when we have full guild. With 40 people, we beat 1/8 few times. Our server not such active. Only 2 guilds from our server always pass first rounds, we and #1 guild AH. We have core russian speaking players, but also have english speaking, german & spanish. Use english for players outside of Russia. Yeah, we have people from different time zones. But in most times, players move right teams to right lines in time. Game have enough time for this.
    in other words you are in the minority as far as having active daily players, from my observation this is only 1 or 2 guilds per server, the rest of us trying to compete dont have that luxury.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Some time ago as the officer of my starting guild, i feel your pain. The server was dead and everything that was a little bit better was snatched by the top 3 guilds. It was depressing. More then half the players of the ~40 members we had just ignored or were to stupid to follow orders, but since we didn't have full ranks anyway, it was a waste to kick them. There was no new blood to fill up those empty spots.
    Most member we actually had to 'learn' beat stuff, but when there was a small chance, they would join a better guild.
    I admit that GT was mostly irritating, but in the end its a 'guild' thing. If officers would do everything it would be officers wars.

Best advise that i could give is to join a better guild.. After loosing to much hair, i left the guild and joined a better one... after that i was in all the 3 guilds the GT-officer. The guild im playing in now is a top 1-3 of the GT group(s) we play in. Now i post a new setup at the start of the day and depending on activity everyone follows asap... much less stress