Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Duplicate guild names on server

  1. #1
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    5

    Duplicate guild names on server

    Example
    server 9 has 2 guilds with same name - RIP (one strong and second weak)
    server 15 also has 2 guild with same name CCCP

    My duty was to watch sign in to last second. How I will know what CCCP or RIP is in there? Stronger or weaker?
    It is against logic that 2 guilds with same name can exist?
    lvl 108 -- Guild: Slark (International) -- Server 11 Old Curse -- Vip 12

  2. #2
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 [GY] Nader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Posts
    910
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Belgrade View Post
    Example
    server 9 has 2 guilds with same name - RIP (one strong and second weak)
    server 15 also has 2 guild with same name CCCP

    My duty was to watch sign in to last second. How I will know what CCCP or RIP is in there? Stronger or weaker?
    It is against logic that 2 guilds with same name can exist?
    A lot of top guilds do this. You'll never know which one is which, sometimes if you follow logic it may work. In most cases it is impossible to find out.
    Tired of ucool pay to win policy. Give them a 1* review.

  3. #3
    Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 [BG]Archon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    HulkSmash! (Server 34)
    Posts
    1,095
    Rep Power
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Belgrade View Post
    Example
    server 9 has 2 guilds with same name - RIP (one strong and second weak)
    server 15 also has 2 guild with same name CCCP

    My duty was to watch sign in to last second. How I will know what CCCP or RIP is in there? Stronger or weaker?
    It is against logic that 2 guilds with same name can exist?
    Why is it against logic? Just adds to signup strategy - you can also open as many guilds as you want with the same name, collect 9k stamina there every two weeks and sign up to several groups as a strategic move.
    Join the biggest Heroes Charge line chat with 450 active players!
    Line ID: Archon7

  4. #4
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6 general100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    230
    Rep Power
    12
    I agree Belgrad, but the missing information is that you cant see who is the leader of the guild and how many members that guild have. All we can see is guildname and flag. Some guilds are using it as exploit.

  5. #5
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 [GY] Nader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Posts
    910
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by general100 View Post
    I agree Belgrad, but the missing information is that you cant see who is the leader of the guild and how many members that guild have. All we can see is guildname and flag. Some guilds are using it as exploit.
    Easy, even with that info, create another guild, with same name and same announcement. Since two players can't have the same in-game name, have both guild leaders can use the same name with one of them having a space character at the end of his name.
    Tired of ucool pay to win policy. Give them a 1* review.

  6. #6
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    26
    Its all around stupid ucool would even have it in their code to have duplicate names on the same server

  7. #7
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    5
    it isnt the same when top guild is doubled and when Average/weak guild is doubled. Who cares about weak guild clones?
    What sign-up strategy when you dont know who is who? Please share with us that wisdom? To avoid two top guilds with same name, instead of one LOL?
    lvl 108 -- Guild: Slark (International) -- Server 11 Old Curse -- Vip 12

  8. #8
    Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 [BG]Archon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    HulkSmash! (Server 34)
    Posts
    1,095
    Rep Power
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Belgrade View Post
    it isnt the same when top guild is doubled and when Average/weak guild is doubled. Who cares about weak guild clones?
    What sign-up strategy when you dont know who is who? Please share with us that wisdom? To avoid two top guilds with same name, instead of one LOL?
    You can avoid getting sniped on purpose by a stronger guild.

    You can also create a guild with the same name and on the same server as the most powerful guild in the bracket and scare people away.

    There are many other same-name tactics you can do to make sure your guild makes it into GT, but let's leave it at that
    Join the biggest Heroes Charge line chat with 450 active players!
    Line ID: Archon7

  9. #9
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 12
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    82
    Tactic or not I think the better is this to be prohibited.

  10. #10
    Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 [BG]Archon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    HulkSmash! (Server 34)
    Posts
    1,095
    Rep Power
    47
    Well, even if they don't allow guilds with the same name I can think of at least 3 ways a guild name can appear exactly the same in the game.

    It also favours guilds with players who are willing to invest the time in maintaining a "dummy" guild, or weaker "sister" guilds who have an alliance with the top guild.

    Just my two cents.
    Join the biggest Heroes Charge line chat with 450 active players!
    Line ID: Archon7

  11. #11
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by [BG]Archon View Post
    Well, even if they don't allow guilds with the same name I can think of at least 3 ways a guild name can appear exactly the same in the game.

    It also favours guilds with players who are willing to invest the time in maintaining a "dummy" guild, or weaker "sister" guilds who have an alliance with the top guild.

    Just my two cents.
    true, but in most cases the original guild wont have a name with a letter you can sub in, cal I for little l for example. not sure about russian/chinese characters. Its still a stupid exploit allowed by ucool, which likely cant be changed now unless ucool adds a special feature to differentiate. Never in my life in any game has this been possible, but thats what happens when you copy vs create

  12. #12
    Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 [BG]Archon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    HulkSmash! (Server 34)
    Posts
    1,095
    Rep Power
    47
    There are other ways, I had the same name in alot of different games.

    The game isn't copied for a very long time, all HC code was written entirely by uCool.
    Join the biggest Heroes Charge line chat with 450 active players!
    Line ID: Archon7

  13. #13
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 12
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    82
    If they just allow ASCII characters on the range 65-90 problem solved

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •