Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Champ / WoG - The only skill required - Need changes though

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8

Champ / WoG - The only skill required - Need changes though

I will start off with a little background on my account before everyone starts blasting me accusing me of being a VIP 18 huge spender. I am a VIP 15 player, TL 105, about 1.5 mill power. In my opinion there are only 2 features in the game really keeping players around; War of Gods and Championship. Both need changes to keep top players interested or we may see many players quitting in the near future. Many players strive to gear their heroes and train their heroes, this is where Ucool makes money. Why do they try to gear and train so many heroes? Because in both Champ and WoG they are needed.

Lets start out with the issue I see with Championship. Now that so many players have reached the 105TL cap Champ has really come down to luck. To give an idea of what I mean, just to seasons ago I jumped in a HUGE continent that had like 32,000 players for the first round. I made it through the top 20% at #2 in the continent and then placed #1 in the top 64 cut. This current Championship season I placed #16 in the 20% cut but this round for the top 64 cut I have faced 7 105TL opponents and 2 104TL opponents. Needless to say I lost 2 individual fights and have no chance now at making top 64. Others were lucky and got lower level opponents and have an easy road right into the top 64. As more and more players hit the 105 cap it becomes even more luck, especially considering now as strong as Wind Priest is and that a lot of times it is one of the hidden heroes on a team. Loosing just 1 single fight out of the 27 you get per round can keep you out of the top 64 and that is just crazy... There is no way anyone can deny the luck involved in this.

My suggested fix for the Championship issue:
    The average # per continent seems to be around 8,000-9,000. This means on average 1,600 to 1,800 make it through to the next round. I would propose that instead of passing 20% through, you pass 512 through and go into 5 team brackets at that point like you normally do for the top 64. This means you dont change the length of the season at all, but you do away with luck and keep Championship as skill as it should be. You could also consider a consolation bracket even if you would like to help remove luck even more. If you were ok with adding an extra day and a half to the season you could even take the top 1024 instead of 512. Take my suggestion or not, something definitely needs to be done to remove so much luck from Championship.

War of Gods issue:
    It is pretty clear that guys are purposely taking losses to help boost each other up the ladder. It makes it nearly impossible for the honest player to compete for a top 15 spot. Just take a look at the ranking ladder once and you will easily see where the cheating is going on.

The best part of this game is being able to compete acrossed servers against other top players in the game, and as of now both aspects of that are broken. Without changes Ucool risks loosing a lot of VIP 14 and up players...
    Hoe Rollerz
    Server 70 - ~WnB~
    Boats and Hoes
    *1.8 million Power Club*

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    I agree with the "luck factor" in championship and they should limit a server to 8000-9000, but for wog, just like in areans we help our mates, ppl help their mates in wog, so what's wrong with that? I mean ppl are helping their mates ONLY, well see no offence but i think that doesn't count as cheating, it's just my thought nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by dominator View Post
    I agree with the "luck factor" in championship and they should limit a server to 8000-9000, but for wog, just like in areans we help our mates, ppl help their mates in wog, so what's wrong with that? I mean ppl are helping their mates ONLY, well see no offence but i think that doesn't count as cheating, it's just my thought nothing else
    To me there is a huge difference between letting a buddy beat you 1 time for rank, or giving your buddy 1,000 trophies to push him clear to the top and effectively ruin the WoG ranking system. As long as this "pushing" is allowed there is no point in even trying in Championship, once you hit Legendary you might as well just quit playing it for the rest of the month because your just wasting your time.
    Hoe Rollerz
    Server 70 - ~WnB~
    Boats and Hoes
    *1.8 million Power Club*

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    I also don't see anything wrong with helping your guild mates in WoG. Do you really think the WoG ranking system is base on how strong players are and it ruins the ranking system if low level or weaker players reached legendary? I think it also has luck factor depending on the opponent you are match with. And of course the more you play the higher your chance to get a higher rank, so even a weaker player can get a higher rank than a stronger player if that weaker player plays 5x more compared to the\ stronger player. Why don't you start a new game in server 203 and see if you can reach legendary without any help. Let me know if you can do that. Good luck.

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    And why you think in later rounds there's less luck involved in Championship?
    In qualification you at least see part of the teams and can refresh 1 opponent.
    In later rounds all you can do is check out last fights of your enemies and hope he keeps the same teams, doesn't change lanes and adept to that, which is a stupid idea, cause most likely he will do the same...
    So there's even a higher luck factor as in qualifications

And for WoG, that issue might be true for top 20 or something. Below it's not even really possible to do (often) and makes no sense

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    About WoG: I had not considered that top players might be colluding to push other top players up to the top of WoG rank. If it is not explicitly against game rules then it is not cheating. I did the same thing this month, albeit I was more altruistic about it. I sat stayed at levels 20-25 handing out wins to non and low VIP'S, and giving losses to higher VIP'S.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170313-120437.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	12646

I found it to be an interesting experiment on many levels: matching parameters; effects of rapidly filling the levels 20+ with low and non VIPs; NRG building by long loss streaks, etc.

I was able to push quite a few non and low VIP'S into legendary. The appreciation of these players was palpable.

A fine and fun experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tres View Post
    I also don't see anything wrong with helping your guild mates in WoG. Do you really think the WoG ranking system is base on how strong players are and it ruins the ranking system if low level or weaker players reached legendary? I think it also has luck factor depending on the opponent you are match with. And of course the more you play the higher your chance to get a higher rank, so even a weaker player can get a higher rank than a stronger player if that weaker player plays 5x more compared to the\ stronger player. Why don't you start a new game in server 203 and see if you can reach legendary without any help. Let me know if you can do that. Good luck.
    I never said anything about reaching Legendary without any help I am talking about top 10 rankings... but yeah I do believe I could do that as long as I had the essential heroes because most lower guys dont know how to counter properly. WoG SHOULD represent how skilled you are in the game, that is why everyone is given 105TL and fully geared, to level the playing field. A guy in server 203 should be able to reach legendary as long as he understands how to build decent teams and understands counters. I am talking about the guys who are sitting on 3,600 trophies right now already this month... All named Max... Heh... WoG was made to be based on a players Skill, not how far along they are in trying to level up and gear up their heroes.
    Hoe Rollerz
    Server 70 - ~WnB~
    Boats and Hoes
    *1.8 million Power Club*

Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    In later rounds all you can do is check out last fights of your enemies and hope he keeps the same teams, doesn't change lanes and adept to that, which is a stupid idea, cause most likely he will do the same...

And for WoG, that issue might be true for top 20 or something. Below it's not even really possible to do (often) and makes no sense
    Henry after you have made it passed the top 64 round and go head to head there is a degree of luck involved but the fact that it is best out of 5 if you are a better team builder you have a better chance of luck not screwing you. The way things are set up now, 1 single fight loss out of the 27 in the round can knock you out of the top 64. All it takes is 1 opponent having something different like his team showing griffin/Rose Fencer/Chap and here afterwards you find out that Wind Priest was hidden in that team. You lost that fight because you were assuming to find Wind Priest in the team above that had turtle/rabbit/chemist showing. 1 bad guess out of 27 knocks you out... In best of 5 you can loose 2 fights each round and it doesnt matter at all
    Hoe Rollerz
    Server 70 - ~WnB~
    Boats and Hoes
    *1.8 million Power Club*

Quote Originally Posted by bertbar View Post
    About WoG: I had not considered that top players might be colluding to push other top players up to the top of WoG rank. If it is not explicitly against game rules then it is not cheating. I did the same thing this month, albeit I was more altruistic about it. I sat stayed at levels 20-25 handing out wins to non and low VIP'S, and giving losses to higher VIP'S.

Name:	Screenshot_20170313-120437.jpg 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	12646

I found it to be an interesting experiment on many levels: matching parameters; effects of rapidly filling the levels 20+ with low and non VIPs; NRG building by long loss streaks, etc.

I was able to push quite a few non and low VIP'S into legendary. The appreciation of these players was palpable.

A fine and fun experiment.

Id make that excuse if I finished dead last in the Legendary bracket too ;-)
    Hoe Rollerz
    Server 70 - ~WnB~
    Boats and Hoes
    *1.8 million Power Club*

Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post

As far as WoG goes, is there much of a point to push for the top if you know that the top 20 have an unfair advantage on you already? The prize change between positions is very very minimal once you make Leg. Jumping to top 2000 is very quick and easy to do, but beyond that it doesnt even really make sense to try since unless your in the group of 'elitists' handing each other wins at the top you have no chance....
    Hoe Rollerz
    Server 70 - ~WnB~
    Boats and Hoes
    *1.8 million Power Club*

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    My opinion that ranks 1-20 with 'Max' in front are all 'bitches'. that are not able to make it alone, they all vip16+ for notting. Gameplay = 0 just $$$ and handing trophies one to another. Afther season is over i bet 1 thing they do, whoever will win is to change avatar ) be something like : Hey i won WOG, i am pro player. ))

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 KimoD's Avatar
    They use strategy before power. They want to win and are boosted maybe by their lower accounts. They pay for this game and now are frustrated that can lose against RNG or mediocre players so they use boost. It isn t fair for us but if they have to many accounts they have high vip on them why not , right?
    Sever 21 Brute (Merged Hell 21-26)
    TL 105 NON-VIP : 26.6 - 87 | 9.7 - 88 | 26.7 89 | 17.8 - 90 | 16.9 - 91 | 21.10 - 92 | 18.11 - 93 | 19.12.2015 - 94 | 23.1.2016 - 95 | 23.2 - 96 | 25.3 - 97 | 26.4 - 98 | 27.5 - 99 | 28.6 - 100 | 22.8 - 101 | 5.10 - 102 | 2.12.2016 - 103 | 10.2.2017 - 104 | 16.6 - 105 | 27.8 - 106
    Guild : BIGBANGBRO
    Heros : 120 / 128
    Stars : 552
    AHP : 1.25mil+

http://hcharge.tk/ - Hero Charge Stats Calculator

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by bkweibley View Post
    Id make that excuse if I finished dead last in the Legendary bracket too ;-)
    I will finish in the top 500 like I always do.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Here's an opinion for you to consider as i'm a low vip (9) with only one account that plays for fun.Championship is brutal for us cause we have to compete against the "paying to win" players. There's no discrimination between vip levels because ucool needs low vips and non vips to keep those who pay happy. In the continent selection for some reason unknown to me i 90% of the time get opponents equal to my level (105) and if i make it past that to the next round i 99% of the time get players of higher vip level than me. 9 out of 10 times i tried to swap an opponent i got even harder ones. Bad luck or systematic purging of low vips? You're talking about skill so i think you'll agree that somewhere out there there are non or low vips that have the skill to compete further than continents selection but i've never seen any.
    As for Wotg I only try to get into legend and then i just play for 1 win to get my daily so i can't really say anything.
    The problem in my eyes that drives people away is that most Guild tourney brackets are dominated by one or two guilds making it very hard for others to grow. This inability to compete is what makes most players abandon the game at least in our server.
    It saddens me to say it but maybe a "champions league/europa league" system is needed to keep people interested here.

New Comers
    ucool need charge the rule of WOG. at least, please limit team level and server and vip level ( may be or not). I think WOG would be more interesting if it's only strategy duel with free lengendary heroes and which players have, Instead of VIP, stars heroes and team level race as now. .With new players as me, team lv 5x,vip 4, I can't even win VIP 6x team lv players, but I fighted with 8x 9x 10x team lv players. of course, result is 10, 20 or more consecutive defeats... They have many good heroes, moreover all most heroes of them are full stars when I have only 2 - 3 stars heroes...
    WOG is better if it's the where the players can test lengendary heroes, exchange and fight with each other by strategy.

Name:	wog.jpg 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	12734
    It's realy not fair... I'm in 5x level... I met them all day. There are someone who I met twice