Thread: Need advice on promoting to R2 for GT teams

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8

Need advice on promoting to R2 for GT teams

Ive got several GT teams consisting of mostly old or sub par heroes all at 5* unless otherwise indicated below, all at O2, (other than 5 at R), most have legendary completed if available, am considering increasing a team or 2 up to R2 (waste of resources other than GT but oh well)
    Need advice on making 2 teams from the below heroes by taking them to R2.
    would appreciate any thoughts and recommendations since i cant decide :P

red
    ember star
    death bringer
    fallen dominion
    admiral
    troll princess (3*)

O2
    wandering spearman
    ghost musician
    warrior monk
    war chief
    iron hoof
    cloud walker
    crossed knight
    drunk warrior
    old curse
    bear warrior
    enchantress
    mountain
    frost mage
    psychopath
    silencer
    dungeon keeper
    nature storm
    witch
    lunar guardian
    mystic
    shadow leaf
    shallows keeper
    ice mage
    poison one
    elder giant
    tusked storm
    inferno
    disease bringer
    wind master
    queen of nature
    skeleton mage
    brute
    succubus
    savage one
    commando
    machinist
    phoenix
    master mage
    ancient protector (4*)
    devastator (3*)
    demon assassin (3*)
    pilot
    queen of wraith
    evil blood (3*)
    bounty queen (3*)
    musketeer (3*)
    dope king (3*)
    magnetic Birdman (3*)

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    I'd say definiately promote Crossed Knight and get his Legendary skill.
    For the others I'm not sure which are best to promote first, but let's give it a shot:
    Skeleton Mage, Inferno, Evil Blood, Demon Assassin, Witch and Silencer.

To make a reasonable functioning group out of these, I'd take:
    CK, DA, Silencer, EvB and maybe SM.

I'm no expert though, so maybe the experts have different ideas.

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Yup, pretty much this.
    CK becomes really valuable even in GA,same as Skeleton Mage, DA also great and also does good job in some raids.
    Same as Machi, trained he can fit in DV/TB teams.
    For GT you can put him (and DA) for example in teams with good tank and QoC. She may switch backline to front where Machi, DA and also FD, IE etc can do high dmg.

Disease Bringer may be a good choice to get another healing team... I have him - DK, SH, Cleric, Chap, LB, AP anyway now working on WD and SS.
    From your list also have Silencer, CW, Witch, Death bringer, DuK,...
    In general I would say work on healers and tanks.
    In a fight between 2 equal strong lanes, mid and lower teams can make big difference and there it's good to have healers and especially tanks...

any other opinions out there on who to use "extra" R1 or R2 gear on, primarily for GT teams, most arent meta or even GA, and not terribly concerned about Raid. I have moved LCK to R2

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    If I were to choose just 3 units to work on, I'd pick AP, SkM, and MM.

AP - synergizes with GK to lockdown turtle. In ult form can protect your backline from PM and ninja.
    SkM - He's surprisingly good against WP. I've started using him in GA offense against non turtle teams running WP. The dragons are surprisingly effective at stalling, especially when combined with taunt skills like CKs. And his ult can be quite strong as well.
    MM - There is a benefit to promoting her to r2. At r2 with full equips and enchants, she has higher INT than LB so sappers go from being somewhat dangerous to harmless when fighting him with an MM nuke team.

Quote Originally Posted by ocular View Post
    If I were to choose just 3 units to work on, ...
    i'm looking at roughly 2 teams, aka 5 or 10 heroes

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Hmm it's really hard to find 10 heroes from that list worth working on. The 3 I listed earlier are legitimately useful in GA and won't go to waste.

If I were to pick 2 more heroes (to make 5) I'd choose DisB and DuK, for their synergy in ninja healer teams.

Then 6-10, probably
    Sil, Witch, machinist, DA, FD

Keep in mind that witch is pretty much useless without a lot of training, her base HP is extremely low. Mach needs to be legendary to get that INT boost.

Quote Originally Posted by ocular View Post
    Hmm it's really hard to find 10 heroes from that list worth working on. The 3 I listed earlier are legitimately useful in GA and won't go to waste.

If I were to pick 2 more heroes (to make 5) I'd choose DisB and DuK, for their synergy in ninja healer teams.

Then 6-10, probably
    Sil, Witch, machinist, DA, FD

Keep in mind that witch is pretty much useless without a lot of training, her base HP is extremely low. Mach needs to be legendary to get that INT boost.
    yeah, i guess thats my issue, they are all 'sub par' and I currently have em all O2, hate to waste resources on em, but I figure I need more R2 teams in GT, and GA is more than covered by my current R2's, so this is strictly GT, and witch isnt going to get a lot of training in the near future, i dont use gems for training, so its not gonna happen very fast. Oh, failed to mention, all are pretty much 105, a few are 104 yet

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Witch value may increase slightly with legendary. Don't know her legendary gear stats but I assume it may increase survivability, and every time she cast a skill she heals herself. Not a high priority at all but somewhat interesting for GT, maybe GA teams.

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Witch legendary gear adds (full enchanted) 1,5k Hp, 62 armor and 12 magic res... Not really a boost worth to mention and the HP while casting also isn't high enough to compensate incoming dmg against a lot Meta teams