Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Feature Incoming : Skin !!! I need your Opinion

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    I like the idea actually but the price for the skins should not be crazy.As long as lower VIP players can get them eventually as well without crazy spending it would be a good feature for the game.
    Looking forward to it.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    i like the idea, but feel they should be available to everyone regardless of VIP. They should be cosmetic, and only for certain instances. no attributes. i HATE the VIP vs. the non-VIP. This just took the separation and created a final divide.
    I'm upper VIP, and am disappointed. everyone should have access to them. they should be cosmetic. just add new legendary abilities to the characters, skin them, and let the new legendary ability be the "attribute' and don't stack them.

New Comers
    Really should be cosmetic only, that's the whole point of a skin. If they do decide to go with abilities, they need to be very cheap to allow for non high vip players to compete, otherwise it'll be pointless to play this game under a certain vip level.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    There shouldn't be any attributes to skin. Because if they do that, people will not be using those skin for appearance, but will use them because of the bonus attributes no matter what they look like

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    did they ever listen to feedbacks? if so wp wouldn't be released this way for example.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Alendris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    did they ever listen to feedbacks? if so wp wouldn't be released this way for example.
    They are listening sometimes for heroes suggestion but it's not 100%
    Heroes Charge
    [U] Alendris level 108
    Guild United server 4 Chaplain

Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/c/AlendrisGaming
    Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/AlendrisUniverse/
    Twitter : https://twitter.com/AlendrisGaming

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 w_e_g_4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    And it made the competitive parts a living hell for those who don't have him, like we knew and they knew. It was calculated, they knew it would wider the gap between VIP11+ and low VIPs, they still did it. No point in stopping now, this strategy started months ago and just keeps accelerating to a point where it will be 100% P2W if it already isn't. No point in caring for players not willing to get to VIP11, their target are VIP 8-9-10, to make them buy gems and go for VIP11 and magic chest heroes if they want to keep fighting at high level. Every month, more VIP11 are probably created, those not willing to will just slightly quit or play on the fringe, not participating in the arms race, not caring about competitivity.

Serveur 125 'Draugr' // Guild "Rebirth" - #1 guild 90-92k activity
    Recrute joueurs Lv102+ francophones de puissance > 900k
    PM si vous êtes intéressés, LINE ID: dtc_coc

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I'm VIP 12.

Skins should be cosmetic only - if they're cosmetic-only, I'm fine with Ucool charging whatever they want. If they insist on making skins provide stats, , though, then they should be obtainable without gems or purchase.

I feel very strongly about this. I've spent a boatload on this game, but if they go with pay-to-win skins, that will push me to quit. It's too egregious and blatant of a money-grab without providing any real content. It's basically a glorified enchant that you buy with real money. That's too far.

Ucool -- If you want to charge for skins, cosmetic only. If you want them to provide stats, then they need to be obtainable without gems or cash (like enchants, or Legendary abilities, etc.).

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    This feature to me is beyond greedy. I am VIP 13 and I can't stand their greed anymore. Every few months uCool releases some new feature that makes players pay more and more to remain competitive. Whether it is the heroic packages or the p2w events. Training camp also is dominated by people with deep pockets. People can argue all they want that everyone can farm to train their heroes, but people who have money have more max trained heroes than u can imagine. Only the idea of cosmetic skins makes sense because it is something that you can spend your excess gems on and is *OPTIONAL. With putting attributes and a skill per skin is just pure greed and seriously how can people want to keep playing this p2w game after this point.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I originally thought it should be only cosmetic, and obtainable by all.

After reading some comments and digging further a boost to attributes can be interesting as well. But the conditions for it to be interesting are:
    * I stick to it: skins must be obtainable by all, including non VIP players
    * there must be many skins available, for many heroes
    * the bonus given by the skins must not stack up: you have two skins, you must choose the bonus you want. Else it doesn't make any sense
    * no new skill, or only a limited one - the one planned for TF is just too much, at level 105 full trained it will not be possible to do it any harm!
    Server 124 / Guild Frenchy - 110099570 (International)

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    The feature is cool, the attribute addition is pre mature. Like others have said if all VIP, non VIP have access fine otherwise it only widen a bigger gap that already exist between VIP and non VIP players.

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by anagrys View Post
    * no new skill, or only a limited one - the one planned for TF is just too much, at level 105 full trained it will not be possible to do it any harm!
    Aha, have you tried on testserver? Did a few matches and there's almost no noticeable difference in how fast TF dies. He never was the talkies one and has quite low magic res compared to other tanks (for sure he makes up for it with his skills), the skin skill only adds a chance to reduce incoming magic dmg. But as said you won't feel much of a dldifference.
    Skin boosts 10% basic stats (that's strength, Agi, int), along with that secondary stats related to that (HP,
    AP, MP, phys crit, Armor, magic res, nothing else).. There are sites having formulas, can't confirm they are 100% correct, but seem to be plausible. According to that formulas, secondary stats increase is minimal. All in all its like he would have 1 piece of additional gear (Burning Axe for example gives more as double the amount of Strength skin would give)

All in all its a nice boost, I surely agree should be obtainable by everyone, but only that 1 skin so far does not mean you suddenly get an OP TF. You profit way more from full training.

We need to see how many skins will be obtainable for 1 and same hero and also for which ones and what the boosts/skill will be (I doubt every skin gives 10% basic stat boost) .
    While Mani for sure has her usage in WoG especially, she isn't that much used in Arena. The skin won't change that really.
    Especially Manis skin skill could make her even worse, she gets additional energy if she casts any skill. Which can cause her to ulti too early.
    And I don't think a skin for Prokiller, lightning Master etc will make them that much better so they become meta

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    According to that formulas, secondary stats increase is minimal. All in all its like he would have 1 piece of additional gear (Burning Axe for example gives more as double the amount of Strength skin would give)

All in all its a nice boost, I surely agree should be obtainable by everyone, but only that 1 skin so far does not mean you suddenly get an OP TF. You profit way more from full training.
    u prolly dont remember but going from 102-103 and equipping the burning axe was not a minimal upgrade and now imagine 2,3,4,5 axes stacking up with 2,3,4,5 new skills added to the hero. there is very little u can compare to full training nor should u cause ur comparing 220 hours, 1.3mil wood and stone to a single click with a gem cost.
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 107, 1.8m+ Total Power, 32 Legendaries, 644 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 108k Team Power

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by uh123abcd View Post
    u prolly dont remember but going from 102-103 and equipping the burning axe was not a minimal upgrade and now imagine 2,3,4,5 axes stacking up with 2,3,4,5 new skills added to the hero. there is very little u can compare to full training nor should u cause ur comparing 220 hours, 1.3mil wood and stone to a single click with a gem cost.
    Burning Axe was a minimal upgrade - the combined items , in TF´s case Vengeance Sword and especially the last item Curass in TF´s case made the big difference

And I don´t compare it the way you do.

But ok, here we go:
    ◾ 1 Strength = +18 Maximum HP, +0.15 Armor
    ◾ 1 Agility = +0.4 Physical Attack, +0.08 Armor, +0.4 Physical Crit
    ◾ 1 Intellect = +2.4 Magic Power, 0.1 Magic Resistance
    ◾ 1 Primary score = +1 Physical Attack

Meaning the 10% Basic stat boost for TF: 237 STR/130 INT/94 AGI adds up to:
    4266 HP - that´s 1/5 of full Training or 29-85 Trainings
    274 AP - 7% of full Training - between 10-34 Trainings
    37 Crit - around 10% of Training....

Which means concentrating on Training still is better invest as the Skins are

And as said - I very much doubt there will be multiple Skins for same hero in short time, nor the Basic stat increase is on everyone or stacks.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Burning Axe was a minimal upgrade - the combined items , in TF´s case Vengeance Sword and especially the last item Curass in TF´s case made the big difference

And I don´t compare it the way you do.

But ok, here we go:
    ◾ 1 Strength = +18 Maximum HP, +0.15 Armor
    ◾ 1 Agility = +0.4 Physical Attack, +0.08 Armor, +0.4 Physical Crit
    ◾ 1 Intellect = +2.4 Magic Power, 0.1 Magic Resistance
    ◾ 1 Primary score = +1 Physical Attack

Meaning the 10% Basic stat boost for TF: 237 STR/130 INT/94 AGI adds up to:
    4266 HP - that´s 1/5 of full Training or 29-85 Trainings
    274 AP - 7% of full Training - between 10-34 Trainings
    37 Crit - around 10% of Training....

Which means concentrating on Training still is better invest as the Skins are

And as said - I very much doubt there will be multiple Skins for same hero in short time, nor the Basic stat increase is on everyone or stacks.
    im not saying ur math is wrong but ur comparing up to 80 trainings vs 1 click buy skin. now imagine 2nd skin thats 160 trainings and 3rd skin o wait thats 240 which is more than a heros max. so now were about to have the possibility where someone can just click buy 3 skins and overpower a fully trained hero. thats the very definition of p2w
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 107, 1.8m+ Total Power, 32 Legendaries, 644 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 108k Team Power