Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wandering Spearman (the hero)

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4 Count_Chimael's Avatar

Wandering Spearman (the hero)

As a returning player on a new server, wandering spearman was one of the first heroes I got from the gold chest, along with imperial executioner, so I leveled him up. I know that imperial executioner is a very useful hero later on in the game, but does wandering spearman have any use in pve situations later in the game?

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 [BG]Archon's Avatar
    No, and nobody uses ie anymore as well.

You can go over this post and see what heroes are used for PVP:
    http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...s-Championship

There are a few additional heroes useful for raids like TS, but better to focus on the heroes in that list.
    Join the biggest Heroes Charge line chat with 450 active players!
    Line ID: Archon8

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    No he is useless

I've looked at that thread a few times over the past few weeks, so I had a pretty good idea of what the best pvp heroes are, and I have a pretty good idea on how to use them by watching the championship matches. The problem is that I'm on server 199, and nobody but the highest VIP's have been able to get heroes like turtle fighter, rabbit, divine knight, sorcerer, puppet master, tarot prophet, ooze, etc. I became a low-vip and got lucky and snagged a rose fencer and ooze from the super sale shop, but it only took 10 and 30 soul stones to summon them...there's no way that I could've gotten a hero that required 80 soul stones to summon. None of the great pvp heroes in that thread are in any of the normal shops on my server and there's no telling when they will be

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Can you list which heroes are available to you in each shop? Maybe we can help you more if we have that info

Well we've had this conversation before lol, but I have access to a couple more shops that I didn't the first time

Crusade: War Chief, Crossed Knight, Nature Storm, Commando
    I got 5 starred war chief, and I haven't bothered with the other 3 heroes. Crossed knight and Nature Storm seem too limited, and I know Commando is still a decent hero at my level, but she isn't that big of a priority, and I'm getting a lot of her soul stones from bronze chests. I'm saving up my crusade points so that I can buy a ton of purple/orange gear during the next 40% off promotion, I'm at about 50k crusade points right now

Arena: Rifleman, Old Curse, and Tusked Storm
    I've got a 4 starred old curse, close to 5 starred. After that, I think I'm just gonna save up my arena points for future heroes, because rifleman and tusked storm don't seem like big priorities

Grand Arena: Vanguard Warrior, Mystic, Deathgore.
    I'm working on Vanguard Warrior right now, currently 3 stars. After getting him 5 starred, I don't think I'll spend any more points until new heroes are released. Deathgore has always been useless and I never see Mystic anywhere anymore, not even in war of the gods

Guild: Ember Blade, Arcane Sapper, Wizard Doctor
    Working on Ember Blade right now, I'll be able to 4 star him in a few hours. I'll finish him off at 5 stars and then work on sapper, both seem like useful heroes these days. I don't know anything about Wizard Doctor

Guild Tournament: Demon Assassin and Ghost Musician
    I haven't spent any of my guild tournament points because they're pretty slow to get, and I've heard Demon Assassin is a good hero, but I don't think she's worth spending points on that I could be saving up for a better hero down the line, because that's probably where the best heroes are gonna be put

Crusade: get CK.
    Arena: get TS for raids.
    Grand: get VW for your vw+eb team in the future.
    Guild: get eb and as.
    GT: both are good for raids for magic waves (gm - for single target), DA mostly used as sub in WoG.

Oh yeah, I remember asking someone recently about this, forgot it was you

Anyway archon is 100% correct for heroes to work on. CK is definitely less limited now with his legendary skill, as he can be slotted into healing teams. And in arena defense I find he usually does better than DK because he has control skills, unlike DK.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    i agree with Archon, except, (there is always a but you know :P )
    anyway, TS and GM... you may wanna save your coins till they introduce someone more worthwhile in the future, you may end up kicking yourself if you slowly use all your gt coins and arena coins on a sub par hero and they drop in bunny or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Forlorn View Post
    i agree with Archon, except, (there is always a but you know :P )
    anyway, TS and GM... you may wanna save your coins till they introduce someone more worthwhile in the future, you may end up kicking yourself if you slowly use all your gt coins and arena coins on a sub par hero and they drop in bunny or something.
    TS is a must to break raid records, it's a very fun aspect of the game and I managed to almost pass 15m with him (before wp).
    GM (or necro) - a must for a fast ch17 clear (turtle), as well as some wave bosses - obviously not for PVP but I'd still get both her and da at 2-3s and save the rest of the points for better heroes.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    How long will you reach lvl 100, lvl 105 ? Time is long enough for you to make all common heroes 5*, maybe they are good in other fields, such as Time rift, outland portal, GT, etc.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    raids are an interesting part of the game for sure, however I personally find them tedious and wont level a hero for raids alone, I struggled with myself even leveling PO for the damn outland portal :P
    a lot of the game is more pvp based, with gt, wotg, and ofc arena rewards etc, just tossing it out there is may not be the best investment.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    I do not have the Wandering Spearman, so I do not know.

WoG is also an interesting beast. The fact that you're selecting teams in real time makes some otherwise unusable PvP heroes really good in certain situations. For instance:

- Commando and Ironhoof to counter VW-EB teams. Commando stuns EB and renders him useless, while Ironhoof's shield effectively boosts your entire team's HP by a good amount for the purposes of surviving the initial burst.
    - Phoenix is an excellent 6th unit on WoG for MM nuke or VW-EB setups, as a way to cleanup weakened opponents
    - DA is also an excellent 6th unit in WoG, her normal attack can counter Ninja and her ult does a ton of damage + freezes all enemies

These selections usually work well even if you don't train them, all you need to do is get them to 5*.

I have a 3 starred ghost musician, because she was the sign in hero last month, and a weird thing happened last night. I got a ghost musician from bronze chest, 18 soul stones at once. I thought the bronze chest only let you get some of the 1-star heroes. I haven't leveled her up though, because I'm level 68 and I won't be needing her for the things mentioned in this thread for a while.

I didn't know crossed knight became really useful suddenly, so I guess I'll have to invest in that after the next 40% off event. I'm still set on using my crusade points on gear for at least one discount event so that I don't have to grind so much to keep my core heroes geared up. So for now I'll utilize crossed knight in wotg when hes offered as a free daily hero, which seems to be pretty often.

I also use succubus and wind master a lot as 6th members in wotg. They won't do much against turtle teams, but I don't stand a chance against those anyways. For other teams though, sometimes a spec from them can change a whole match. I've won several matches I probably would've lost otherwise because my wm/succ came in and specced, killed a few heroes, and then immediately specced again and cleaned up the battlefield.