Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Analyze a Great Team

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4 Count_Chimael's Avatar

Analyze a Great Team

Hi, I got this idea for a thread while I was looking at the championship matches, and I realized that I don't really recognize most of the heroes that are dominating the arena at higher levels anymore. I'm a former level 90 on server 55, but I quit well over a year ago and came back about a month ago on a new server. To say the landscape has drastically changed would be an understatement.

If you want to be successful at this game at higher levels, you have to understand what heroes work well together, and as you look at the most successful players, you start to notice a lot of patterns. That's why the purpose of this thread isn't to talk about individual heroes, but about specific teams you like to use a lot, and what makes them great.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    a great team is a team with 1 or more broken heroes.

I challenge everyone find a great team with only old and balanced heroes (may have no Sorc or such heroes)

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    even teams with non op heroes wont match up with newer servers, they dont have access to older heroes that are or were once considered good, pm, manip, grif and such arent as readily available to them i dont believe, whereas tt, fs, er and such is more readily available to them. to really ask the question you would have to state what heroes arent even available to a new server, or more to the point what ones you can chose from

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tin View Post

I challenge everyone find a great team with only old and balanced heroes (may have no Sorc or such heroes)
    Yawn, this is getting boring.
    So when as in your opinion heroes become broken?
    Or not balanced?

As you may remember, or refuse to, there were always teams with better performance then others, always from day 1 on

And to your information, in finals where you have 5 teams you find a lot combos only containing "old" heroes or not recent VIP heroes.

But again always depend on what you understand from old... As it sounds like half of heroes are broken... And ofc you deny heroes available for everyone for long time now (like Sorc, who isn't even used in Arena meta that much anymore)

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9

depends on how good a team has to be in order to be considered great. MM HN LB and Chap are all pretty old heroes that can form a great team. sorc doesnt need to be 5th
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 107, 1.8m+ Total Power, 32 Legendaries, 644 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 108k Team Power

I know why LB and Chap work great together. What makes MM HN LB and Chap work so well together? When did MM start being this huge hero that all the top players used? She was always considered pretty useless on my first account

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Count_Chimael View Post
    I know why LB and Chap work great together. What makes MM HN LB and Chap work so well together? When did MM start being this huge hero that all the top players used? She was always considered pretty useless on my first account
    That combination is viable for almost anything excluding arena, and a go to squad to plunder resources.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by uh123abcd View Post
    depends on how good a team has to be in order to be considered great. MM HN LB and Chap are all pretty old heroes that can form a great team. sorc doesnt need to be 5th
    without Sorc, MM team is not dangerous. In WoG, I do not use HN with the begin MM team anymore because she dies even sooner than MM in most case, try HN at 6th position I'm pretty sure she will kill several heroes in most of the time. If I don't have Sorc, I never start MM team in WoG because win chance is pretty low compare to other choices, such as tanks + black tiger.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    without Sorc, MM team is not dangerous. In WoG, I do not use HN with the begin MM team anymore because she dies even sooner than MM in most case, try HN at 6th position I'm pretty sure she will kill several heroes in most of the time. If I don't have Sorc, I never start MM team in WoG because win chance is pretty low compare to other choices, such as tanks + black tiger.
    Hmmm, im not in the top of WoG, but the LB, Chap, HN, MM, Griff, Phx team really does well. Adjust with puppet, manipulator, some other tank tank, and even heroes like (L) ice spirit seems to work in the top of the rankings too. I myself rarely use Sorc in a MM team, because there are other teams where she is much more usefull for me. Also the problem that she can kill my opponents MM very fast gives my opponent the edge in mirror setups.

MM is useless unless she has her legendary skill. Her legendary skill activates when she dies, and fills the rest of your team's ult bar by around 60% (for max level skill at level 105). So basically the strategy is to create a team where MM is the frontmost unit. When she dies, the rest of your team can basically ult immediately; hence the name MM nuke.

HN, Sorc, Chap+LB, and manipulator are all good choices for MM nuke because they are backliners (and thus are positioned behind MM) and will make a difference when they ult.

Some MM nuke teams will run an actual tank in front of MM for additional resiliency against control units like RF. Typically either TF or Griffin are used.

Also would like to add that a fully enchanted and equipped r2 MM has basically the highest INT in the game (even higher than LB). So getting MM to r2 is important in stopping sapper, who would otherwise target a backline mage and likely do serious damage to your team.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I've been using Wind Priest and Sorc in my MM WoG line-up. Ridiculous damage.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    When did MM start being this huge hero that all the top players used? She was always considered pretty useless on my first account
    MM is useless - while alive. She exists to die. It's a neat mechanic I suppose, but it feels kind of broken for a characters' entire value to be predicated on her dying as quickly as possible. *shrugs*

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavajo View Post
    MM is useless - while alive. She exists to die. It's a neat mechanic I suppose, but it feels kind of broken for a characters' entire value to be predicated on her dying as quickly as possible. *shrugs*
    annoyingly you are correct, same with lightning elemental legendary among others, the 'benefit' doesnt proc till hero dies, always seemed counter intuitive

So the strategy against fighting a mm nuke team is to pick heroes that focus more on the backline instead of the tank? I don't remember exactly what my team was, but I beat a mm nuke team in wog with a pretty weird team that I put together. It was arcane sapper, silencer, rose fencer, shadowleaf, some other hero, and imperial executioner as the sub. None of the mm team got to spec because silencer and shadowleaf kept them silenced, plus silencer drained their energy.