Thread: Training amount indicator on hero icons

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

Training amount indicator on hero icons

HCamp training is becoming (has become?) a force in the game. In arena, if I'm looking to attack someone, I can roughly tell how much training they have by their power (assuming typical meta, 105s). However, there are so many places where it would be very nice to have some way to see how much training a hero has. This would be very useful in WoG, to see that someone isn't just putting up an ER, but a 100% trained ER. It would also help to determine, why did I roll/get kicked in that last battle.

Here's the idea:

I think it would be enough to have a rough percentage of the "big" stat for each hero visible on the hero icon. I was thinking about a thin vertical line along the right edge of the hero. It would represent the percent amount of the "big" stat that hero has compared to level 45 max amount.

Thus, for an HP hero trained at 11,000 HP, you'd show a half-height bar.

Like much of HC, you wouldn't be able to tell exact values, but even telling a rough % of the "big" stat would tell you roughly how tough a team is. I'm thinking of only the "big" stat (HP, MagPow, AttDmg) because a) every hero has one, and b) while it might be nice to know the amount of phyCrit or magCrit or armor or something, they all too often get filled long before the "big" amount.

I think putting a % number is just too big/unnecessary to help us visually see how powerful a hero already is.

We already have edge color, legendary status, stars, and corner statuses to help us see the power of a hero. Why not training?

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 w_e_g_4's Avatar
    I would just calculate the average percentage of completion of the three stats of a given hero, then add a colored dot (green=0-33% trained, blue=33-66% trained, purple=66-99% trained, orange=100%).

Serveur 125 'Draugr' // Guild "Rebirth" - #1 guild 90-92k activity
    Recrute joueurs Lv102+ francophones de puissance > 900k
    PM si vous êtes intéressés, LINE ID: dtc_coc

Quote Originally Posted by w_e_g_4 View Post
    I would just calculate the average percentage of completion of the three stats of a given hero, then add a colored dot (green=0-33% trained, blue=33-66% trained, purple=66-99% trained, orange=100%).
    As long as we can get an elegant display of training, I'm happy.

I thought about some % of all 3 stats. I sort of veered towards the "big" stat, because it seems that the other 2 fill up much faster and the one I tend to care most about is the "big" one. I also thought that by making the 3 equally weighted (and maybe there can be something to include them all that doesn't equally weight them), you'd get a disproportionate high value on training if say you had 2 max stats and 1 that was only half.

In other words, let's assume equal weighting on a hero with max 2 stats and half of the "big" stat. You'd have a purple dot in your example and a 93% bar in mine. I feel a blue dot or half bar would be more representative of the training for that hero.

After thinking about this a bit, I had a thought:

Put 3 small dots either along the bottom or along the right side where each one represents one of the stats that is trained and make the color = it's current color designation in the training area. So, untrained = grey, half trained seems to be blue, almost max to max trained is orange.

The order could be the same, if you put them along the bottom of the icon. Along the right, but the right most stat on the bottom.

Since you already have color coding per stat in the HCamp, it would seem to just be a display change.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    well all u need is some math. if u knew the base power of a hero at that lvl and the max trained power of a hero at that lvl u can easily calculate how much it was trained. heres an example, lets say u see a lvl 104 TP with 17k power. if u knew max TP power at lvl 104 fully trained is 18k and base power of an untrained TP is 14k then u can see the TP is aprox 75% trained.

info we get or indicators as u suggest can be misleading tho. lets say u have a sorc lvl 45 TH with 2 stats maxed and matk isnt even 3000 yet. how are u gonna display that and get an accurate reading on how strong that sorc is? itll show sorc is 60% trained but its main stat is super low, only the 2 side stats boosted its avg %.
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 107, 1.8m+ Total Power, 32 Legendaries, 644 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 108k Team Power

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by uh123abcd View Post
    well all u need is some math. if u knew the base power of a hero at that lvl and the max trained power of a hero at that lvl u can easily calculate how much it was trained. heres an example, lets say u see a lvl 104 TP with 17k power. if u knew max TP power at lvl 104 fully trained is 18k and base power of an untrained TP is 14k then u can see the TP is aprox 75% trained.
    i believe the op was wanting to see some indication in wotg, and he's not gonna be able to do that with doing some math for multiple reason im sure you can see. It would be nice to know somehow if a hero has had or is highly trained as they appear in the team selection box, tho Im not sure it would make much difference in your hero selection unless its just to save heroes for the next fight

Quote Originally Posted by Forlorn View Post
    i believe the op was wanting to see some indication in wotg, and he's not gonna be able to do that with doing some math for multiple reason im sure you can see. It would be nice to know somehow if a hero has had or is highly trained as they appear in the team selection box, tho Im not sure it would make much difference in your hero selection unless its just to save heroes for the next fight
    That's exactly right, Forlorn. I think it would be nice for WoG and possibly for Arena (at least on those servers where the top spots aren't all people with max trained heroes, like mine). E.g., in arena, you see that someone has 85k team. It would be nice to see which heroes (if not all) have the traning and where.

In WoG, being able to see how buffed a hero has the possibility to change your pick. I'm all for more info on the icon, after all, would you be upset if they took the L off legendary chars? Made all heroes grey with no corner adjusts? No stars?

And obviously, this isn't so I can determine anything about the training on my own heroes, but that like the other indicators above, so I can see what I'm facing.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    its really not asking for much, its obvious ucool has always wanted you to know what gear opponents theoretically are wearing by the color and points at the corner, it would be nice if some indication of training were to be included somehow