View Poll Results: Would you give up Magic Stone for 1-2 months if developers fixed/buffed older heroes

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 82.61%
  • No

4 17.39%

Thread: Poll: Fixing Older Heroes

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Dekion's Avatar

Poll: Fixing Older Heroes

What has been evident to me is that most of the older heroes need a major overhaul. Even with training field buffs and academy buffs, they are still severely lacking. So as the title says this is about fixing older heroes. So here goes, would you rather give up the Magic Stone Hero for a 1-2 months and just have older magic stone heroes in their place if, and this is the big if, the developers worked on fixing/buffing outdated heroes during that time period. Oh and I have no clue how to begin a proper poll on here so just type your responses below.

Please indicate yes or no, or if you have any other useful suggestions, I am curious what they are.
    It never ceases to amaze me the wit and sarcasm of Heroes Charge players on the forums. Makes me laugh at least once per day.

Oh, I guess I figured out how to do the poll, so the yes or no option is above and if you have any other suggestions, please post here. Thanks.
    It never ceases to amaze me the wit and sarcasm of Heroes Charge players on the forums. Makes me laugh at least once per day.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    This is an obvious "YES!" from me. I would easily wait a lot longer if that is what it took to re-balance the old vs new issue. I guess, Ucool needs a way to make money of such an improvement. Maybe we would need to buy a new armour (or something) for the old heroes with gems. That would be something that Ucool could run with I'm guessing.

Folks, we need some more responses to this poll.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    UCool is already developing another game so don't waste your time with that stuff. THEY WONT REFURBISH ANY OLDER HERO NEVERTHELESS WHAT YOUR POLL SAYS...

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    Honestly? No, why would you want these heroes anyway, what's the point? I don't see any fun in playing with PK, Ferryman, Sniper, Brute, MY,DG etc...Many heroes had their 5 minutes in past, some never had those 5 minutes like Dual Wield, QoN or UC but what's the point in playing with them again anyway? Honestly I prefer to explore new heroes and new combinations instead of returning to the same old stuff.I get that people can be nostalgic about those heroes but meta always changed since the beginning of game until now, there's been many different interesting teams and they disappear after some time. That's what makes game interesting. Imagine playing again with so long lasting FD teams meta?!I'd be extremely bored with it, it was boring then and it would only be more boring in future. Some heroes do return in game again with their L skills and that's fine, it doesn't mean all of them should return, that's what makes it interesting

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady-E View Post
    Honestly? No, why would you want these heroes anyway, what's the point? I don't see any fun in playing with PK, Ferryman, Sniper, Brute, MY,DG etc...Many heroes had their 5 minutes in past, some never had those 5 minutes like Dual Wield, QoN or UC but what's the point in playing with them again anyway? Honestly I prefer to explore new heroes and new combinations instead of returning to the same old stuff.I get that people can be nostalgic about those heroes but meta always changed since the beginning of game until now, there's been many different interesting teams and they disappear after some time. That's what makes game interesting. Imagine playing again with so long lasting FD teams meta?!I'd be extremely bored with it, it was boring then and it would only be more boring in future. Some heroes do return in game again with their L skills and that's fine, it doesn't mean all of them should return, that's what makes it interesting
    I like the Queen of Nature. In my opinion, her skills rock.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    Yeah I like her too but she never got her place in meta for a second...never saw her used anywhere and I too like her design

I think the point is that they create these heroes and people want to be able to use them, but they really can't because they are mostly useless. So why even have these heroes if they are useless? Why creeate Dual Wield if he has no purpose except to die easily in the first few seconds of any battle? Why create a very cool looking hero if she sucks and her skills don't do anything worht value because they are weak? They have opportunities to easily fix older heroes by adding icons or medals, creating new races, adding legendary skills, and buffing skills in the academy without doing a major overhaul to the actual heroes, so why don't they do this? It is a much more easy fix than going back to the drawing board and completing a total rework of these heroes which is what a lot of players are demanding. It is a sort of compromise and middle ground solution that I think would pacify most players and make most of these heroes viable again.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 w_e_g_4's Avatar
    Reason is simple.

Ucool's solution is, and always will be, the one that gets the player to, at the very least, spend shitloads of gems or directly cash. There's no room for anything else in their mindset.

Old heroes are, well, old, meaning almost nobody would need to pay for them, so no point in making them good, especially if it means a risk those modified heroes could end up being a decent alternative to heroes Ucool want you to pay for.

Serveur 125 'Draugr' // Guild "Rebirth" - #1 guild 90-92k activity
    Recrute joueurs Lv102+ francophones de puissance > 900k
    PM si vous êtes intéressés, LINE ID: dtc_coc

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    It becomes boring to always play the ucool wants you to pay card. Isn't TB meta? Aren't or weren't RF, PM, etc as well?

Look at how similar stuff works in other such games or (mmo) rpgs as well:
    In WoW, will you always wear some of the shitty gear you got at the beginning? No, you will wear new better stuff, completely abandon the old. With expansions even some of your hard earned gear (through lot of farming/raids/reputation, etc) just becomes obsolete with almost every new gear you pick up.

Also question yourself: how woyld you balance 110 heroes to make them all equal? And would you even like that?
    Obviously not every hero can work in every team against every team, someone will always do better in and against specific setups.
    Now would all 110 heroes be somehow useful it would create enormous amount of teams you could build, same time need enormous amounts of heroes you may need to counter. So now question yourself are you able to euip& train all that heroes? Do you want that? Will it create balance? Or would high Vips just have it easier to immediately r2 (or maybe already have them) every hero that turns out to be great (again) and even fast train them, while low Vips will have it even harder to be competitive as they can't do that or simply just can concentrate on a handful as it is now

Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    It becomes boring to always play the ucool wants you to pay card. Isn't TB meta? Aren't or weren't RF, PM, etc as well?

Look at how similar stuff works in other such games or (mmo) rpgs as well:
    In WoW, will you always wear some of the shitty gear you got at the beginning? No, you will wear new better stuff, completely abandon the old. With expansions even some of your hard earned gear (through lot of farming/raids/reputation, etc) just becomes obsolete with almost every new gear you pick up.

Also question yourself: how woyld you balance 110 heroes to make them all equal? And would you even like that?
    Obviously not every hero can work in every team against every team, someone will always do better in and against specific setups.
    Now would all 110 heroes be somehow useful it would create enormous amount of teams you could build, same time need enormous amounts of heroes you may need to counter. So now question yourself are you able to euip& train all that heroes? Do you want that? Will it create balance? Or would high Vips just have it easier to immediately r2 (or maybe already have them) every hero that turns out to be great (again) and even fast train them, while low Vips will have it even harder to be competitive as they can't do that or simply just can concentrate on a handful as it is now
    Henry, did you read my other post with some suggestions for fixing and adding to some older heroes to help correct some of the issues that you raised? I am also not speaking of dooing a total revamp of older heroes the way some others have suggested, but just some easy thing to implement that I believe would give these heroes some much needed improvement and hopefully enough so that they would become viable again within the game.

http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...-(LONGER-POST)

New Comers
    What if you could trade older heros for soul stones . That way you could upgrade the newer/better heros faster and not have to spend alot of money. The heros would be worth different amonts depending on their stars .

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Yup it's good good idea I think the they need to fix their skills.or make skin for their .QoN it's very pretty but it's not very useful now make ski for her or increase damaging of her skill.theres more than 50 heroes that aren't useful .now we can make a thread to give idea for changing their bad skills.i think ucool haven't got good idea for making new hero.i have a thread to make your own hero they can see our threads and even make them .it's name is new heroes .we can make worse heroes to a good heroes.