Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Preview of the February Magic Stone Hero- The Wind Priest

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 w_e_g_4's Avatar
    It's not balanced, that's the whole point.

So that nobody hesitates to invest quickly and heavily in him because there's no doubt he'll be everywhere soon. This way, the whales pay up big time, the standard VIP11-13 throw more money than they usually do to follow the trend, and it's also a way to convince more players that there's no way around getting VIP11+ if they want to keep up in the next months.

"Cough up the money or get crushed", to sum it up.

Serveur 125 'Draugr' // Guild "Rebirth" - #1 guild 90-92k activity
    Recrute joueurs Lv102+ francophones de puissance > 900k
    PM si vous êtes intéressés, LINE ID: dtc_coc

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Please stop the fairytale to get a VIP hero you have pay big time by then... :
    You need to be Vip11, to reach that all you needed to do is buy cards (for longer) , no more
    You need to get him from chest, with luck that's even free or costs 400 gems per try, so from 0-like 3200 (with bad luck)
    To 5* and that is since WoG release: you pay nothing, just use Almighty stones
    Gear: you need to pay nothing, just plan ahead accordingly and farm/queue wisely

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Please stop the fairytale to get a VIP hero you have pay big time by then... :
    You need to be Vip11, to reach that all you needed to do is buy cards (for longer) , no more
    You need to get him from chest, with luck that's even free or costs 400 gems per try, so from 0-like 3200 (with bad luck)
    To 5* and that is since WoG release: you pay nothing, just use Almighty stones
    Gear: you need to pay nothing, just plan ahead accordingly and farm/queue wisely
    u dont have to pay "big time" but u also have to realize the hero itself is really cheap. like u said WP only cost 400-3200 gems as a vip11. wat u do with the hero after like skilling, gearing, staring, training also applies to every other hero. so in the end the only real cost is the 400-3200 gems so even if the hero gets nerfed thats all the compensation people can ask for.
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 105, 1.3m+ Total Power, 22 Legendaries, 528 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 92k Team Power

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    If you want to have a competitive edge, you pay for it. Simple as that.
    As non- vip you Just have that risk and have to wait till he comes out in shops, can't really expect that as a non paying customer, you can Get the same benefits. Ive grinded my way up Just recently and played it smart by saving things up.

This Hero was Just Like when sorceress came out, even when they werent fully skilled they do some damage.
    Over time sorceress has been more doable to beat even without using yourself a sorceress.
    granted though this Hero has more impact on non vip, because now there is GT, GoW etc. Where with sorceress you only had to deal with in arena and grand arena.

But surely over time people Will find out in time how to counter him , he is new, all we know is he does damage for now.
    But as a lower vip or non vip, you Just can't expect everything Will be equal, there has to be Some kind of benefits, i know it took me About 1.5 years to go to vip 11 .
    And its pretty much in every phone games As a business model. You want to be in top or competitive, you'll have to Spend.

That aside now its easier to obtain soulstones, it used to be much harder to Get those. Even if you wont Get this Hero, But once it gets released, you'll have to ability to 5 star it immediatly, once it will be in the shops.
    I being in a not so good guild had to struggle to Get, for example, corrupted angel and Sorceress.

As it is now, the wind priest is for non vip Indeed hard to handle with, But in time it Will be easier to dealt with Just Like sorceress.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    Well since we're throwing around with damage...

I used to say Sorc is op...people used to say she isn't. I see 2 WP's here and 1 Sorc, who's the highest damage again?
    Not defending WP in any way but I'm not as impressed with him for now. But then again I didn't spend thousands of gems and resources to max train him...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady-E View Post
    Well since we're throwing around with damage...

I used to say Sorc is op...people used to say she isn't. I see 2 WP's here and 1 Sorc, who's the highest damage again?
    Not defending WP in any way but I'm not as impressed with him for now. But then again I didn't spend thousands of gems and resources to max train him...
    thats not a good comparison tho cause if ur sorc ulted b4 the WPs and wiped the other team the 2 WPs wouldnt even have ulted yet.
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 105, 1.3m+ Total Power, 22 Legendaries, 528 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 92k Team Power

I think there would be a lot more outcry if Sorceress had released like now. Because not only her ult is strong, she also takes out the teams energy lol.
    Wind Priest he is good, but I think overall Sorceress is better. But then again if you train him you can built his HP pool.

I think Turtle Fighter though is the one hero thats no 1, in terms of "OP".

well I throw in image because it's not legit to assume something based on 1 image.I have another battle where he dealt 330k damage and ulted 3 times so it makes sense...sorc can deal 400k from 1 ulti, witch too etc there are many examples like that but damage increases whenever there are clones in enemy team...and with ER there are many clones. Anyway he deals crazy damage but this crazy didn't see yet for myself still and I'm not impressed with him so far again...having much more success with my old teams against meta teams than with any team with WP in it

Quote Originally Posted by 426451 View Post
    I think there would be a lot more outcry if Sorceress had released like now. Because not only her ult is strong, she also takes out the teams energy lol.
    Wind Priest he is good, but I think overall Sorceress is better. But then again if you train him you can built his HP pool.

I think Turtle Fighter though is the one hero thats no 1, in terms of "OP".
    agreed with all...TF is the most op of them all then it's sorc, she deals too much damage plus energy drain...

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    They don't wanna talk about Sorc that she is OP because they can get her(low vip).

CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY

Quote Originally Posted by w_e_g_4 View Post
    It's not balanced, that's the whole point.

So that nobody hesitates to invest quickly and heavily in him because there's no doubt he'll be everywhere soon. This way, the whales pay up big time, the standard VIP11-13 throw more money than they usually do to follow the trend, and it's also a way to convince more players that there's no way around getting VIP11+ if they want to keep up in the next months.

"Cough up the money or get crushed", to sum it up.
    First of all, i'm your standard vip 11 and i didn't threw in any extra money to obtain WP. I've saved gems throughout the whole previous month, so i could obtain him and start training as soon as possible. Same goes for gears, i've saved all the gears for him so i could instantly R2 him. And for the soul stones, i've also saved my WoG stones. Btw, i've reached vip 11 only a few months ago, so i didn't have heroes like sorc but always found a way how to deal against OP heroes.
    Second, stop spreading BS stories to other non-vip's (or low vip's) like you. You look silly with all your constant whining, plus you're spreading misinformation (luckily there aren't many players who browse the forums, so your negative whining won't get to as much people as you'd want).
    Third, you're very mistaken if you think that vip11+ make a small portion of players and non-vip's are majority. Do your research. Oh, and to reach vip11 you don't need to be super rich and spend tons of cash everyday. I got to vip11 in almost 2 years, as i only bought monthly/weekly etc cards. I've could easily reach 3x vip15's if i would have used those money that i spent in 2 year span on alcohol/partying/junk food/various other stuff etc

PS: it all comes to planning and a little bit of game knowledge.
    Last edited by Team G; 02-08-2017 at 09:23 AM. Reason: forgot the PS

Quote Originally Posted by Team G View Post
    First of all, i'm your standard vip 11 and i didn't threw in any extra money to obtain WP. I've saved gems throughout the whole previous month, so i could obtain him and start training as soon as possible. Same goes for gears, i've saved all the gears for him so i could instantly R2 him. And for the soul stones, i've also saved my WoG stones. Btw, i've reached vip 11 only a few months ago, so i didn't have heroes like sorc but always found a way how to deal against OP heroes.
    Second, stop spreading BS stories to other non-vip's (or low vip's) like you. You look silly with all your constant whining, plus you're spreading misinformation (luckily there aren't many players who browse the forums, so your negative whining won't get to as much people as you'd want).
    Third, you're very mistaken if you think that vip11+ make a small portion of players and non-vip's are majority. Do your research. Oh, and to reach vip11 you don't need to be super rich and spend tons of cash everyday. I got to vip11 in almost 2 years, as i only bought monthly/weekly etc cards. I've could easily reach 3x vip15's if i would have used those money that i spent in 2 year span on alcohol/partying/junk food/various other stuff etc

PS: it all comes to planning and a little bit of game knowledge.
    thats not how f2p games should work. u can pay for cosmetics, u can pay for convenience but once u can pay for power game changes into p2w. WP is currently a very good example of buying power and thats not a good sign. there has never been a game labeled as p2w that can keep its playerbase.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by uh123abcd View Post
    thats not how f2p games should work. u can pay for cosmetics, u can pay for convenience but once u can pay for power game changes into p2w. WP is currently a very good example of buying power and thats not a good sign. there has never been a game labeled as p2w that can keep its playerbase.
    I'm sorry but is p2w an actual industry term? or just something as us, consumers, have started to use. I doubt any business will ever promote p2w as that's an awful way to advertise your product. They offer a f2p and add the stuff that of course will make their business money. It's that simple. It's not aimed at you or anyone, their running a business not doing you a favor by putting out a game for no financial gain.

Quote Originally Posted by deph View Post
    I'm sorry but is p2w an actual industry term? or just something as us, consumers, have started to use. I doubt any business will ever promote p2w as that's an awful way to advertise your product. They offer a f2p and add the stuff that of course will make their business money. It's that simple. It's not aimed at you or anyone, their running a business not doing you a favor by putting out a game for no financial gain.
    well heres a pretty good definition. Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying. game was totally fine b4 rabbit but anyone can easily see its shifting towards that direction

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by uh123abcd View Post
    well heres a pretty good definition. Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying. game was totally fine b4 rabbit but anyone can easily see its shifting towards that direction
    Well, again. As in any other games and so in this one;
    This topic/opinion comes up regularly (same as game will be dead soon, mass quitting, etc, etc)
    It was with TF, it was with Sorc a lot, then Bunny, now Windpriest.
    It will be same multiple times within this year and it was same even before TF.
    And before anyone mentions:
    No it wasn't always like a while ago, that VIP heroes are released to "public" shops after relative short time.
    TF and some others weren't available to anyone except those that got him from chests for like 6 months (or even longer)