Thread: Character Breakdowns

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

Character Breakdowns

This thread is for players interested in helping me test each character in the roster. The format used needs to be as follows.

User ID (gamer tag)

Character Name

Breakdown of character, including each skill, general play of the character, and suggested changes.

I hope that eventually this will become a sticky thread, so that we can make each character great in their own right. And thank you to all players that help with this thread. Stay active, and stay positive.

xxTakeda01xx

Warrior of Light

Overall character play wasn't bad, but wasn't great in my opinion. He's skills were fast and can be used in quick secession but outside of his alt don't do a lot of damage. As a tank I think that he should be able to produce damage as well as be able to survive in a fight.

Suggestions: increase damage output even if just by a little. He has great survival and his alt is great, but when put head to head against someone like Titan, he becomes a punching bag that dosent stand much of a chance. 1v1 battles are somewhat of a toss up (depending who your against). He does shine however in team battles. He's specials git him the range and distance needed to turn the tide into your teams favor, especially when you come in with your alt and start swinging your skills around like a crazy person.

xxTakeda01xx

Admiral

I'd be lieing if I said I didn't want her to play like Ms. Fortune (league of Legends). I was let down pretty hard. She has great mobility and I really like her alt. It's great for chasing, and pushing someone away if you need to retreat. Her other skills are a bit of a letdown though. Her first skill, while being able to hit a little harder, dosent do a whole lot. It's a little better than her standard attack and to me is a waisted skill point when leveling up. Her second skill is however amazing. Good range, good stun, and you can use it a lot of different ways. The only drawback is the same as to many skills in this game. The casting. You give the opponent a chance to get away for the area because they can see it coming. Skills like this need to just happen when it's cast. That way players have to play with a little more skill rather than just rushing you because they don't know when it's coming. Her third skill surge I'm on the fence about. I love that it lats you give chase to a low life opponent to get the kill, but I don't like that since she's so squishy, if used at the wrong time just to inflict damage, it can put you in a really bad position. I would suggest having a skill that gives her the damage without the risk. Something like a fear inducing skill wouldn't be bad. Also for the first one, I wouldn't mind the casting speed if she was firing something like a cannon at an opponent, or even a heavier gun. It makes more sense and it's fun to fire something like that because the opponent knows there gonna get hurt.

xxTakeda01xx

Jubilee

Jubilee is a very fun character to play. Great range, decent firepower and all around a pretty solid character out of the gate. I would change a few little things. 1. Her looks. She looks almost exactly like a character who is also a ranged heavy gunner from mobile legends, everything down to the color scheme. Second, her second skill. It dosent do a whole lot and it's kinda just there. I would suggest changing it to a large blast that stuns her opponent, but leave it to hit the first enemy. That way it dosent fly past minions to a champion, therefor forcing the player to time the shot. Really, that's about it. She's a well rounded character that has good play and has the ability to set up traps to catch opponents off guard.

xxTakeda01xx

Angelyne

This is a great looking character, but lacks quite a bit in the form of a playable character. I like the fact that she has two play modes, both as a damage dealer, as well as a healer. But, where the problem lies is that it takes a lot to do anything with her, when she heals, she can't heal enough, when she does damage, she's almost useless without a partner. OmneQ made a suggestion in another thread that she should be an aura character much like Sona from league of legends which is an amazing idea. One skill should be a healing aura, one a damage aura, and one an aura that could increase attack and movement speed. But other players have to be in proximity of her to gain the benefits aside from her gaining them when cast. They should last for X amount of time each and cannot stack. This would be an amazing addition to the roster and would make a game very interesting to play with or against. If your going to keep her the way she is, then may I suggest she play something like Karma (league of Legends) but have it so that she already has her alt from the start and she starts in heal mode. But to do damage you must hit her alt first, then the skill as the deciding factor. For example skill one helps allies within an area of effect. But if you hit alt-skill one then it does damage within that area instead.

Shes a very squishy character that needs more firepower to make up the difference.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Tbh theres no such flaw on each hero you mentioned. Its all about mastering their skills set and mechanics. Also the way you build your items will contribute alot towards your understanding about certain heroes. Although Angelyne has to shift her ability in order to do different type of skills, think outside the box; why would the developer built her skills that way and how to fully utilize her capability. Check an item that will sync with her skills and you will be doing great. I'd been using Angelyne the other day for the first time in Diamond rank and shes fun to play.

For Admiral, shes a type of hero who rely on item to shine through the game. Her first skill is very impressive which can deal alot of damage if you know what item to get. Also her second skill is always made my opponent to frustated. When using skill 2, you need to land it on where your opponent will walk, not on where they stand. Again, Admiral is not suitable for long fight because shes a burst damage hero and if you can see clearly, Admiral has a resemblence of Gangplank from League and Gangplank too is a burst damage hero.
    Best Regards,
    Fear Me(Asia Server)

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. "

xxTakeda01xx

Shadowstrike

First off, I'll admit that I don't play a lot off assassin type characters. With that in mind playing her was difficult for me. She was a lot of fun to play but I couldn't get a lot of damage out of her. I also think that her carnage skill would be better if it wasn't just a forward strike. Something like a skill where she dashes forward hitting everything in the path would really suit her better being a highly mobile character. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of feedback on her because again I don't usually play this type of character, hopefully someone who does can give better feedback.

To Vanvoyage

Thats a great point, and I can understand that. These are just what I get from them. To be honest, usually I use long range characters such as Lucent. Or Morgana from league of legends. All of these are just my opinion. Like you, just because I don't do well with a character dosent mean that someone can't wreck shop with the same character. All my suggestions are just what I would like to see. But for instance Admiral, I would like to see her skill two just pop, where as you can understand when and where to place it. I think my biggest frustration is on the skill where it telegraphs where its going to be, before it actually appears. That dosent mean that my opinion is correct, it's just my opinion. Thank you for the feed back though. Hopefully other players including yourself can give better feedback on that actors than I can. That includes item builds. I know that a players build can make or break a character. That's why I test twice with the recommended build before I make one. The problem is that only play three games and only one of those I build, that dosent give me the opportunity to test and see what item can make said character into a powerhouse.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Woah, awesome work Takeda!

I'll be sure to look through your ideas - and I already know I like them when you said 'wish Admiral was like Miss Fortune' cause thats what I expected. She's like a mixture of Gangplank and Nami, which is unexpected and kinda cool.

Will check the others out later! Good luck.

She really is. Unfortunately I've never played either one of those characters so I'm kinda at a loss when it comes to them.

And thanks for the feed back man! Hopefully you guys will be able to add to it or even submit something better!

xxTakeda01xx

Lil witch

I absolutely love this character. All of her skills are great, she has a good amount of health, and she can produce power when played right. While she's a support character she has the capability to get a decent kill rate on her own. She's also very scary in a team fight. In the games I played with her, my kill count wasn't that high, but my assists were through the roof. She's definitely a character that if seen on the back line in a team fight, you know your going to have a bad day. Great job guys.

xxTakeda01xx

Celestial Warden

I wanted to love this character so very much but had a hard time doing such. Her alt, I think would do really well if it locked onto an opponent like embers from moba legends. At the moment it's like throwing a handful of gravel at someone. Some shots hit while others don't. And for an alt, that's the attack that you want to hit above all else. Her animation confuses me. She has these beautiful wings, but walks while they don't.... Do...... Anything. But wait! There is a skill which she has where she can fly while attacking. While useful, I think that an ability that heals would be more appropriate. Her Aegis skill while having the ability to be scary is a waisted possibility. Yes it's always good to do more damage but she seems like she wants to be a range and a close up character. While its confusing I can see skills like heal, white feather, a holy blast, and a seeking alt being a little more appropriate for her.

xxTakeda01xx

Winter Witch

Im a big fan of this character. I really like how she's built. The only skill that I have an issue with is her Ice Blast. I'm not a fan of it telegraphing where it's going to be BEFORE it happens. And while Van Voyage and I have had this discussion, I believe that this is one skill that could use an instant cast. I'm also not a fan of her Ice Shield skill but that is solely on me, I do see the potential of it, it just isn't my cup of tea. All around I like her a lot.

xxTakeda01xx

Dimension Devil

Holy shit, I knew this guy was going to be interesting because everytime I go against one, for the most part I get the shit kicked out of me. So needless to say I was excited to try him out. And to be honest. I caught myself letting out an evil villain laugh every time I unloaded the vicious trap that always puts me down. He's a scary ass champion that even with the recommended build will but a lot of hurt on any sorry sap in your way, and in a team fight! Forget it, your not going to walk away from it. Amazing character, amazing skills, even when laying the smack down I thought many times, "holy shit! This guy is OP as hell!" he could use a little tinker to take him out of God teer, but all in all, great character.

xxTakeda01xx

Lucent

Another character that I absolutely love, and to be honest, my all around go to character. I really like her skills and how they operate both in solo and team fights. I have seen posts complaining about her skill one not lasting long enough. And I'm on the fence about it. At higher levels and into my build, I have enough time to do a lot of damage. But there are times when early on, that timer goes by way to fast. The biggest complaint that I have is her concentration skill. In my opinion, it's useless. Especially when you can take the battle spell that increases your movement. In place of that I think that she would do better with a skill that roots her enemy's. It stick to the nature theme, and honestly makes a lot more sense to me. Other than that I love playing her.