Thread: Cancelled WoG while still searching and battled anyway

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

Cancelled WoG while still searching and battled anyway

From dev notes for 206:

Fixed a bug that when players cancelled the search in WotG, they still would enter the battle.

This just happened to me on Jan 4. Searching panel was up and I hit cancel.

This morning, I beat someone and was surprised by only getting a star. That's when I find that that WoG wasn't cancelled, but I ended up competing with all random heroes (funny thing was I won one).

From the dev notes, this is a bug (otherwise why post an item saying it was fixed).

Battle date was above and my ID = 15420079. Battle was against (Ru) M.N.M

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Happened to me too. Canceled fight, went out of WOG to main menu then went back in WOG ( as im so paranoid about this bug even they "fixed" it 2x) and as I went back I was reconnected to battle. But my opponent wasnt connected properly either as I got victory without any fight.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 12
    Also too much delay in search. If there are no close opponents, select +-2 levels, not a big deal. I hate waiting for so long. +-10 levels is also OK for me.

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Dear Leader
    Please try wait 5 to 10 more seconds after closing the window which will assure that you can cancel the search. But there's a situation which you have already been matched but you are waiting for the game to start. At this point, the match will still start even if you hit cancel. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Dear Leader
    Please try wait 5 to 10 more seconds after closing the window which will assure that you can cancel the search. But there's a situation which you have already been matched but you are waiting for the game to start. At this point, the match will still start even if you hit cancel. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty
    Betty, if I wait for 5-10 secs for panel to close, are we guaranteed that we won't be thrown into match? Or is it possible that the second part of your explanation will occur (meaning I hit cancel, am waiting and the match is going to start anyway). In this later case, will the battle displays appear? Or will I still be stuck outside the match while random chars are added?

Your reply implies that if the latter case occurs, we'll know, because the battle will start and we'll be inside. But, I just want to be sure I understand the conditions.