Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchasing events is sucks!

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7

Purchasing events is sucks!

This Christmas has event that of every day you purchase gems you will get Musketeer Hero to 4 stars. This is very pay to win which is sucks. And this Musketeer is strong hero. This is moneygraber. Yes I know l, maybe someone gonna said no one force tou to spend money but with this huge advantage will tempt you to spend money like it or not. And you know what how much it cost? $5 x 15 = $75. And with this money you can treat a large family christmas eve dinner. And I can guarantee that they gonna use this tactic for every next big holiday like Chinesse New Year, Easter, Aidil Fitri, St. Patrick day, Father day, Mother day, Haloween, Thanksgiving and so on.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    if u think musketeer is op and will be a game changer then just use ur universal fragments on it
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 107, 1.8m+ Total Power, 32 Legendaries, 644 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 108k Team Power

Prime Leader Contributor Level 12
    75$ for 4* Musketeer? Save your money, not a game changer hero, at least not in 4*.

Better to give 99$ when he appears on Heroic sack and get 20.000 gems also. If you need her badly of course.

Finally let the people spend money, what is your problem? uCool has to be profitable to continue this game for all players, including non payers. I never understood why some people don't accept that people who pay in a free to play game will have an advantage compared to people who don't or spend very little. If it was your company you would have a different business model? I doubt...

Also i like this events very much. That's why:
    1. I can buy some VIP heroes with gems that i earn in arena (not with real money).
    2. The feasts can give you a decent amount of almighty stones for free.

uCool please make such an event once a month!

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    I'll add that after looking around at many similar "free" tablet games, this one has one of the better ways to get the money they need to stay in business. So many games I looked at were just pay or don't bother. And the pay wasn't a small $3/month type sub (yeah, I know you need to spend more than that to truly compete in this game; but you can get by on just a monthly sub).

Musketeer looked interesting from Alendris' test server video. She may be completely different on live. Even if she remains the same, just logging in every day will get her at 2*s for you by the end of the event. That means you will be able to all SS her. I'm also sure she'll end up in the GT shop at some point. None of which needs the investment you're talking about.

Also note that you're just unhappy about how quickly you can get her to "usefulness", not about getting her at all (ask people before this week's special about getting an ER that aren't VIP 11 or got there after ER month). Unless you spend gobs of money, you're not going to be top dog in this game. One of the frequent championship finalists is on our server and he just spends crazy amounts of gems. You just cannot compete with them without doing something similar.

In the end, you just have to spend the money on this game you're comfortable with. If that level doesn't make it fun for you, then find another game. There are MANY out there.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    i don't care about the purchase event, already have 300 almighty stones to 5* her, i'll just have to wait 7 days to unlock her. it's not like they would add any useful heroes to gt shop that i would have to 5* them straight away.

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    The purchase event also isn't only for Musceteer SS.
    You get other stuff as well... And as others said, Noone force you to buy, you will still get her from login only and then can use Almighty SS

And yes, she's interesting, but far from game changer,even as she is on testserver not. She still won't help you much against current meta in Arena, but she can find her place in GA and WoG

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 w_e_g_4's Avatar
    This is very pay to win? Then how about the 100$ bait that is the rabbit package?

"Tired of getting your ass handed to you in arena and wog? Insert credit card number please." We're just lucky every other month, the VIP hero is kinda shitty and there's an OP one only two or 3 times a year. If not, commoners would never be able to follow the meta, they just gotta accept to get raped for a few months before they can finally fight somehow equally, so yeah, it is a pay to win game, so no surprise with this purchase event.

Serveur 125 'Draugr' // Guild "Rebirth" - #1 guild 90-92k activity
    Recrute joueurs Lv102+ francophones de puissance > 900k
    PM si vous êtes intéressés, LINE ID: dtc_coc

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by w_e_g_4 View Post
    This is very pay to win? Then how about the 100$ bait that is the rabbit package?

"Tired of getting your ass handed to you in arena and wog? Insert credit card number please." We're just lucky every other month, the VIP hero is kinda shitty and there's an OP one only two or 3 times a year. If not, commoners would never be able to follow the meta, they just gotta accept to get raped for a few months before they can finally fight somehow equally, so yeah, it is a pay to win game, so no surprise with this purchase event.
    why are you assuming its only a 'few months' raping? there are lots of heroes that still havent been made available to the commoner via any store, including gt. i seriously doubt the rabbit rape will end any time soon, we will just continue to get fked over by him till we get tired and quit.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    I don't understand the constant complaining about the holiday events, it's the rare moment where you can spend your gems like stated above to stack on VIP hero SS especially Ooze in event shop. Because of last month's event I was able to 5* GK and 4* Ooze then used Almighty SS to bump Ooze to 5*. I feel like holiday events is a win win for us all, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Forlorn View Post
    why are you assuming its only a 'few months' raping? there are lots of heroes that still havent been made available to the commoner via any store, including gt. i seriously doubt the rabbit rape will end any time soon, we will just continue to get fked over by him till we get tired and quit.
    I only assume this because that's how it happened with sorceress, they only waited 2 months to add her to GT shop (after this, you could 3* her in some weeks if you were in a GT qualified guild and a smart gambler). Then of course, if they choose to hold the Rabbit forever like some other VIP heroes (Fiend Slayer ...), we'll never see the end of the arena/GA/WoG raping, especially now that there's also the Divine Knight coming into play against timeover teams... If this goes on, in a few months, we'll have arena's top50 filled with teams made of a turtle and 4 VIP heroes... Especially if Ucool keeps "fixing" the few useless VIPS to make them interesting in arenas (serpent warlock).

Quote Originally Posted by King_83 View Post
    I don't understand the constant complaining about the holiday events, it's the rare moment where you can spend your gems like stated above to stack on VIP hero SS especially Ooze in event shop. Because of last month's event I was able to 5* GK and 4* Ooze then used Almighty SS to bump Ooze to 5*. I feel like holiday events is a win win for us all, just my opinion.
    Only a very little minority is complaing about these events. Yes of course, spenders get more advantages, big spenders have big baits for them, but nobody can deny the fact that any player who plays the game smartly and often during these events gets rewarded plenty for his time and efforts.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by King_83 View Post
    ive been very happy with the event shop for halloween, thanksgiving and now xmas, between it and wog ive pretty much completed most the gt heroes except troll princess and da and dope head, none of which are high priority for me, so at least i will try and save gt coins up for 'if' they add any of the new heroes to the shop.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Quote Originally Posted by w_e_g_4 View Post
    I only assume this because that's how it happened with sorceress, they only waited 2 months to add her to GT shop (after this, you could 3* her in some weeks if you were in a GT qualified guild and a smart gambler). Then of course, if they choose to hold the Rabbit forever like some other VIP heroes (Fiend Slayer ...), we'll never see the end of the arena/GA/WoG raping, especially now that there's also the Divine Knight coming into play against timeover teams... If this goes on, in a few months, we'll have arena's top50 filled with teams made of a turtle and 4 VIP heroes... Especially if Ucool keeps "fixing" the few useless VIPS to make them interesting in arenas (serpent warlock).
    y are we still labeling them as VIP heroes? we dont consider VW to be a VIP hero since he went into a shop so every one of those GT heroes are no longer VIP heroes
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 107, 1.8m+ Total Power, 32 Legendaries, 644 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 108k Team Power

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    It's only the first try for holiday's purchase event, you will see it again in other holiday events, for multiple years (when you still play this game). Pay if you want, don't pay if you don't want (to pay). If you keep playing for years you still have anything you want without paying $$$ but time.

Quote Originally Posted by uh123abcd View Post
    y are we still labeling them as VIP heroes? we dont consider VW to be a VIP hero since he went into a shop so every one of those GT heroes are no longer VIP heroes
    By VIP heroes, I only mean heroes that were released in magic chest and haven't been added to any shop since then. So ER, TT, FS, FF, DiK. Heroes you can only get if you've spend hundreds of dollars for a VIP 11+ account or if you spend 100$ for a 3* package, as long as those heroes are dominating in arena and you gotta pay for them, they are, by definition, pay-to-win.

So for those who do not agree with having to pay hundreds to stay competitive and/or want to keep the amount spent "sane", the only hope is that, like with Sorceress (released in May and added to GT shop in July), heroes like ER and DiK (maybe, if its potential is confirmed) won't stay magic-chest-only heroes for more than a couple months, whatever the shops they'll be put in.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    You don't really need all those to be competitive in Arena, Grand Arena and WoG, myself I don't have Sorceress, I don't have have Rabbit but still I always manage to reach Top 20 in arenas and get to legendary in WoG. For tournament i usually reach Top 64. What you need is a proper training and managing heroes you have to max the output. I had some luck because I rec'd TP and Chemist from gold chest + with almighty stones made them 5* but i think i could do good w/o them.