Thread: Counter: TF SH DK TAP RF

Gold Member Contributor Level 7 Shortround's Avatar

Counter: TF SH DK TAP RF

Since this is the new cookie cutter team in the actual meta everyone is using, what's a good and viable counter to it?

So far for me: ER TF SORC LB GRIFFIN worked a few times but not stable
    Imagine all people living life in peace.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    turtle, master mage, needle, sorceress, tarot

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    wouldnt NA totally destroy that team
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 107, 1.8m+ Total Power, 32 Legendaries, 644 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 108k Team Power

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by uh123abcd View Post
    wouldnt NA totally destroy that team
    Only with a very good portion of rng luck.

A good geared (and trained) TaP with healer support and TF would most likely kill Ninja sometimes even before he jumps, but latest when he works on him (and miss) and TF rolls back. Also if RF turns and stuns or SH hits him its over.

TF, ER, Chemist, TaP, Ooze (or PM or Sorc) works for me against pretty much everything with good rate. Only if you get unlucky ER drag maybe not

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Personally I've never seen anyone on my server use that team (I'm level 104, on server 102, and most of the top 50 is level 104 as well with a few level 105s). But based on my experience fighting turtle teams with tarot, I can say that Ancient Protector + Ghost Knight combo works pretty well. It locks down turtle from doing anything for 10 seconds. Once AP ults, his plants protect your lower HP heroes from tarot as well.

I would try something like
    AP GK Chem Sorc Tarot

Chemist serves as your crowd control, and hits hard during the endgame. Sorc for energy control and because you need lots of AOE damage. Tarot to target RF.

Quote Originally Posted by ocular View Post
    Personally I've never seen anyone on my server use that team (I'm level 104, on server 102, and most of the top 50 is level 104 as well with a few level 105s). But based on my experience fighting turtle teams with tarot, I can say that Ancient Protector + Ghost Knight combo works pretty well. It locks down turtle from doing anything for 10 seconds. Once AP ults, his plants protect your lower HP heroes from tarot as well.

I would try something like
    AP GK Chem Sorc Tarot

Chemist serves as your crowd control, and hits hard during the endgame. Sorc for energy control and because you need lots of AOE damage. Tarot to target RF.
    Have to agree with Ocular, here. I'm also on 102 and this defense is not really used much anymore in the top 50 (maybe not 100), as it's pretty easy to counter.

I use TF IE HN Sorc LB with good success.

I think other combos work against it, but I don't bother as the above is effective (and doesn't really even require VIP11+ heroes).

For me, ER is becoming the hero to be feared on arena defense. A lot of people got 200+ free trainings and HP increases seem to average ~105/training (I measured). That means a lot of people will boost ER to the 16k health of WH/TH5 and possible beyond as WH6 becomes more popular.

With that kind of health ER becomes an RNG pita. To avoid a timeout, you still need to stack your attack team with high DPS heroes. I've seen my sorc, my TaP, RF, PM, etc. pulled in and the ER shield just waste them quickly (not to mention other defenders seeing easy prey close). Obviously, if ER fails to bring his shield up (or fails on the grab), it's a different story. But I don't see that happen too much (though if anyone knows a hero the consistently interrupts those abilities on ER, I'd love to hear it).

So, I think the meta isn't so much around the OP's query, so much as the tough combos with ER.

Dv na pm rf tf