Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 80

Thread: War of Gods VIP heroes

  1. #1
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    2

    War of Gods VIP heroes

    Now this is my first post on this forum and I can imagine a lot of people will be giving me shit for complaining, but there should be really some kind of limitation to the hero pool in War of Gods.
    For the past few days I'm facing high VIP players with heroes like Fiend Slayer and Evil Rabbit, which are really hard to counter. Sometimes I get lucky and counter one of the team, but not the second team with either of the hero. Those two heroes are incredibly imbalanced and overpowered compared to the rest of the hero pool in the war of gods.

    I can see few ways out of this - add some kind of Ban option, where we could ban one or two heroes the opponent would not be able to pick.
    Limit the hero pool to non vip heroes only.
    Let us have these heroes for free at least once per week so low VIP players can at least have some decent chance.
    Or make other heroes useful. There are around 100 hundred heroes in this game, but in war of gods, only roughly one quarter of those heroes are being used.

    These two heroes work with pretty much every composition and I can't directly counter them, because opponent usually pick them during the last pick round.

    This is no longer a challenging, this is straight up frustrating because players paying $$$ have way too big advantage.

  2. #2
    Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,260
    Rep Power
    46
    or just pair players according to vip lvls 10- and 11+

  3. #3
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    781
    Rep Power
    30
    i agree those 2 heroes are definitely top 18 but i dont think its a huge advantage
    throwing out random numbers here but lets say rabbit is rank #7 and Fiend Slayer is Rank #13
    non vip will be using rank 1-6, 8-12 and 14-20 as their top 18
    vip11+ will be using rank 1-18 as their top 18
    in the end its their rank #7 + rank #13 hero vs ur rank# 19 and 20 heroes. disadvantage sure but theyre vip 11 i think they deserve something this small. u gotta realize top tier heroes are all pretty strong. even if u throw in rank 19 vs their rank 7 doesnt mean their team has a huge win rate over urs.

    i got to legendary last month and im already legendary this month. didnt really take that long as i lost less than 10 times in total. u can easily see wat they are going for once u see their first 2 heroes usually and u can pretty much confirm it once u see their 3rd. there are many people who use MM teams and those are super ez to tell as they start with weird heroes and i counter them majority of the time. leaves alot of them in shock as they believe mm teams are a free win for them.
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 105, 1.3m+ Total Power, 22 Legendaries, 528 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 92k Team Power

  4. #4
    Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,731
    Rep Power
    100
    I don't see Fiend Slayer as top tier hero, especially not against a TF team or against teams with heals, interrupts (ulti can easily be interrupted) or some direct dmg on low HP heroes (Mainly TaP, but also DL) and Aoe (griffin, PM, DM, etc).

    I have him, but don't use him often because of exact that reasons. There are way more useful ex VIP heroes. Maybe from the ones not in any shop he's the best, although would even pick TT before him against certain setups.

    BTW: it's very easy to pick heroes for MM team, but then change to VW/EB setup and R even one with TF and see counters. Almost 100% win to bait with those and then use different and still have heroes to use for MM team ( where there are quite some working combos consisting of LB, Chap, NS, LB, Sorc, HN, Inferno, Skeleton Mage, even PM, TaP...)

  5. #5
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by uh123abcd View Post
    i agree those 2 heroes are definitely top 18 but i dont think its a huge advantage
    throwing out random numbers here but lets say rabbit is rank #7 and Fiend Slayer is Rank #13
    non vip will be using rank 1-6, 8-12 and 14-20 as their top 18
    vip11+ will be using rank 1-18 as their top 18
    in the end its their rank #7 + rank #13 hero vs ur rank# 19 and 20 heroes. disadvantage sure but theyre vip 11 i think they deserve something this small. u gotta realize top tier heroes are all pretty strong. even if u throw in rank 19 vs their rank 7 doesnt mean their team has a huge win rate over urs.

    i got to legendary last month and im already legendary this month. didnt really take that long as i lost less than 10 times in total. u can easily see wat they are going for once u see their first 2 heroes usually and u can pretty much confirm it once u see their 3rd. there are many people who use MM teams and those are super ez to tell as they start with weird heroes and i counter them majority of the time. leaves alot of them in shock as they believe mm teams are a free win for them.
    Well like you said.. you just threw some random numbers of ranks which do not make sense.
    I agree that pay to win players should have some kind of advantage, but this is beyond ridiculous. Head-start yes, but not for several months. Make the hero exclusive for one/two months and then make him public, or make him accessible only once Legend rank is reached.

  6. #6
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    I don't see Fiend Slayer as top tier hero, especially not against a TF team or against teams with heals, interrupts (ulti can easily be interrupted) or some direct dmg on low HP heroes (Mainly TaP, but also DL) and Aoe (griffin, PM, DM, etc).

    I have him, but don't use him often because of exact that reasons. There are way more useful ex VIP heroes. Maybe from the ones not in any shop he's the best, although would even pick TT before him against certain setups.

    BTW: it's very easy to pick heroes for MM team, but then change to VW/EB setup and R even one with TF and see counters. Almost 100% win to bait with those and then use different and still have heroes to use for MM team ( where there are quite some working combos consisting of LB, Chap, NS, LB, Sorc, HN, Inferno, Skeleton Mage, even PM, TaP...)
    Well I'm not familiar with all hero abbreviations so I can't comment that much, but truth is that MM combos are already figured out and their win rate is dropping. I have to win 2 out of 3 matches. It's pretty sure I loose against Evil Rabbit. 50:50 chance nowaday I win with MM combo. If I win with MM, I still have to play third game, but since I'm playing against high VIP player, the odds are against me as they usually have better heroes, in terms of stars and stats from training field.

    It's true that fiend slayer is not that common or that powerul, but Evil Rabbit is just a straight out win for the team he is in.

  7. #7
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    or just pair players according to vip lvls 10- and 11+

    That would be ideal

  8. #8
    Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,731
    Rep Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourec View Post
    Well I'm not familiar with all hero abbreviations so I can't comment that much, but truth is that MM combos are already figured out and their win rate is dropping. I have to win 2 out of 3 matches. It's pretty sure I loose against Evil Rabbit. 50:50 chance nowaday I win with MM combo. If I win with MM, I still have to play third game, but since I'm playing against high VIP player, the odds are against me as they usually have better heroes, in terms of stars and stats from training field.

    It's true that fiend slayer is not that common or that powerul, but Evil Rabbit is just a straight out win for the team he is in.
    MM team is easy to counter, yes. More or less, although some still haven't figured out and some counters need good rng.

    But what I'm saying is, that there are teams you can pick, starting with 2 or 3 heroes that could end in MM team, but if you see opponent trying to counter you switch to another - easy win t most of time hen and good heroes for counter wasted by opponent. And then you can still go for MM team in other round.

    Example is start with LB and Chap, you can easily make other teams then MM out of that. Also NS, LB or NS, Sorc.. Can easily changed to VW/EB team.

    That is working most of time, make enemy think you use MM and then you don't...

  9. #9
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,033
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourec View Post
    Well I'm not familiar with all hero abbreviations so I can't comment that much, but truth is that MM combos are already figured out and their win rate is dropping. I have to win 2 out of 3 matches. It's pretty sure I loose against Evil Rabbit. 50:50 chance nowaday I win with MM combo. If I win with MM, I still have to play third game, but since I'm playing against high VIP player, the odds are against me as they usually have better heroes, in terms of stars and stats from training field.

    It's true that fiend slayer is not that common or that powerul, but Evil Rabbit is just a straight out win for the team he is in.
    This isn't very true. I have ER and guess what-I got myself to legend level sometime last week or so and in 2 days I got friend's VIP 10 account to level 23 with just 3 lost battles and he has no VIP heroes clearly and only GT hero is Sorc. So I had to come up with all sorts of new teams that I never ever used on my account and got way batter Win-loss ratio on his account than on mine. With ER it doesn't mean it's a win at all, yes he is powerful but not that unstoppable. Plus I even used to win in last GT with my 3* ER against team with 5* ER. Rest of the team makes big difference and also against ER teams there are counters without having recent MS heroes. FS not even gonna comment, he isn't so great at all, barely any team I encountered used him and I don't have him either but did use him in test server for WoG. He can be good for some teams but not a must have hero or over powered hero for sure. In my own account battles looked pretty much like this -either win with MM team or counter MM team, than comes ER team and than again win or counter MM team. Interesting for MM team I have very high success rate both in countering and winning with it. People are so used to same options with countering that's easy to prevent them in it and win with your MM team and also very easy to stop their MM teams as many don't know how to adjust team when you start countering it and just go with where they're going and rely on luck factor. And only luck factor in my counter is if their MM exiles my RF.

  10. #10
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,033
    Rep Power
    76
    P.S. Henry stop giving them ideas they need to learn from themselves,from their experience, WoG isn't a place to share strategies for trust me as soon as you write something you see everyone using it lol I know what you mean but it's better to keep it for yourself. Maybe you came up with it or saw someone with that strategy but it's better not to write it on forum, knowledge is something to be learned, don't serve it on a plate for anyone, someone came up with it from their own mind (or you did it yourself) and didn't just copy what others do, let's keep it that way.

  11. #11
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady-E View Post
    This isn't very true. I have ER and guess what-I got myself to legend level sometime last week or so and in 2 days I got friend's VIP 10 account to level 23 with just 3 lost battles and he has no VIP heroes clearly and only GT hero is Sorc. So I had to come up with all sorts of new teams that I never ever used on my account and got way batter Win-loss ratio on his account than on mine. With ER it doesn't mean it's a win at all, yes he is powerful but not that unstoppable. Plus I even used to win in last GT with my 3* ER against team with 5* ER. Rest of the team makes big difference and also against ER teams there are counters without having recent MS heroes. FS not even gonna comment, he isn't so great at all, barely any team I encountered used him and I don't have him either but did use him in test server for WoG. He can be good for some teams but not a must have hero or over powered hero for sure. In my own account battles looked pretty much like this -either win with MM team or counter MM team, than comes ER team and than again win or counter MM team. Interesting for MM team I have very high success rate both in countering and winning with it. People are so used to same options with countering that's easy to prevent them in it and win with your MM team and also very easy to stop their MM teams as many don't know how to adjust team when you start countering it and just go with where they're going and rely on luck factor. And only luck factor in my counter is if their MM exiles my RF.
    Well then I'm just unlucky I guess.. For the past few days, I have encountered only VIP11+ players and in majority cases, my ass was kicked by ER team. I was one win against from Legendary and now I'm sitting back at Rank 24. Yes, sometimes I win, sometimes I loose.

    MM is about RNG and luck, which is something I'd hate to rely on. And what you said is basically get one win by countering MM team and get one win by winning with MM team. I might be misinterpreting what you said - its late and I'm tired, but thats how it looks to me and I would hate War of Gods to be about Master Mage combo.

    I might try to rethink my approach and combos to make my opponent think I'm going for MM combo and then pick something else, but then like I said, it'll be only about MM.

    With regards to ER - I honestly have no idea. I can't burst him down and I don't think I will be able to win on timeout. So it comes down to high survivability team with a potential of killing something. I don't know how his Drag ability works, but he always somehow drags the most vulnerable hero which dies immidiately (tarrot prophet, corrupted angel) or hero which is then useless (puppet master).

  12. #12
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady-E View Post
    P.S. Henry stop giving them ideas they need to learn from themselves,from their experience, WoG isn't a place to share strategies for trust me as soon as you write something you see everyone using it lol I know what you mean but it's better to keep it for yourself. Maybe you came up with it or saw someone with that strategy but it's better not to write it on forum, knowledge is something to be learned, don't serve it on a plate for anyone, someone came up with it from their own mind (or you did it yourself) and didn't just copy what others do, let's keep it that way.
    Well its not really a breakthrough is it ? For someone starting War of Gods yes.

  13. #13
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    781
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourec View Post
    Well then I'm just unlucky I guess.. For the past few days, I have encountered only VIP11+ players and in majority cases, my ass was kicked by ER team. I was one win against from Legendary and now I'm sitting back at Rank 24. Yes, sometimes I win, sometimes I loose.

    MM is about RNG and luck, which is something I'd hate to rely on. And what you said is basically get one win by countering MM team and get one win by winning with MM team. I might be misinterpreting what you said - its late and I'm tired, but thats how it looks to me and I would hate War of Gods to be about Master Mage combo.

    I might try to rethink my approach and combos to make my opponent think I'm going for MM combo and then pick something else, but then like I said, it'll be only about MM.

    With regards to ER - I honestly have no idea. I can't burst him down and I don't think I will be able to win on timeout. So it comes down to high survivability team with a potential of killing something. I don't know how his Drag ability works, but he always somehow drags the most vulnerable hero which dies immidiately (tarrot prophet, corrupted angel) or hero which is then useless (puppet master).
    it really has little to do with luck. im a non vip and getting a legendary takes a looong time. MM has never been a huge priority for me until WoG came out so i actually still dont have a Leg MM. if i can reach Leg WoG rank without MM both seasons as a non vip it shouldnt be that hard
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 105, 1.3m+ Total Power, 22 Legendaries, 528 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 92k Team Power

  14. #14
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,033
    Rep Power
    76
    I'll try something tomorrow from friends phone against ER and let you know if it appears to work but in message, won't post it here lol didn't try yet as I have my own ER team so it's basically 1 against another for me but friend doesn't have him so I have to improvise

  15. #15
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady-E View Post
    ... in 2 days I got friend's VIP 10 account to level 23 with just 3 lost battles and he has no VIP heroes clearly and only GT hero is Sorc. ....
    getting to 22 or 23 is easy, that's not the issue, as soon as you hit 22 or 23 you only face VIP 12+ from the lower servers, 5* CA, 5* tap, 5* FS, 5* ooze, 5* chemist, 5* ER, 5* sorceress, 5* GK, 5* DA.... just last night, and its pretty common. I stalled at 23 last month and will likely again this month, its win one lose one from level 22 on. borrow his phone again and get him to legendary, then i will just say you are a better player than me and roll on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •