Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: About the treasure chests in War of Gods

  1. #1
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Dali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    23

    About the treasure chests in War of Gods

    How come unlocking a second chest results in the one that was being opened vanishing for good???

    Opening the second one costs MORE gems than the instant finish of the one in progress, so WTF???

    This is a completely ridiculous behaviour. If it's not intended for decreasing our stock of gems when we tap on the second chest by mistake, I don't know why it's working like this, seriously.

  2. #2
    Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    0
    When I see more gems, I stopped immediately, don't know what happen next, maybe you are the first who tap next. Congratulations!

  3. #3
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Dali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    23
    LOL, I don't think so, it's easy to do it unwillingly. And it still makes no sense at all, not the cost, and even less the ongoing chest vanishing, which is what I'm complaining about. The waste of gems is entirely (or mostly entirely) my mistake, obviously, but I don't have much time to play, and sometimes I make mistakes because of rush and being human, namely for instance refreshing the wrong market, or buying stamina a 13th time which is as cheap as 1k.

    If such a thing has never happened to you, congratulations too.

  4. #4
    Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    24,278
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    How come unlocking a second chest results in the one that was being opened vanishing for good???

    Opening the second one costs MORE gems than the instant finish of the one in progress, so WTF???

    This is a completely ridiculous behaviour. If it's not intended for decreasing our stock of gems when we tap on the second chest by mistake, I don't know why it's working like this, seriously.
    Dear Leader
    For your first question, could you give us your account id to check please?
    The gems needed to open a chest is based on the unlocking, the one in progress usually has less unlocking time then the ones that are locked unless it's a better quailty chest. Thanks.

    Best Regards
    Betty

  5. #5
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Dali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    23
    My account ID is 5259519, although I don't know what do you need it for.

    Just do the test, when you open a second chest the first one disappears. Since you're paying, both of them should open in parallel. The notice telling you the cost:

    1. Doesn't state that you will lose the ongoing chest
    2. Displays a cost higher than the ongoing chest

    If we wanted to open the second chest, the cost should be LOWER than the ongoing one. Why? Just a little example:

    1st chest ongoing, lv20, costs 180 gems AT THE BEGINNING. After just a few seconds its price is lower.. Let's imagine that 1 hour and a half has passed, so you have a chest that would cost you 90 gems to finish it earlier. But then you have a second chest that you would want to open, which is also lv20 and costs 180 gems as well for the unlock. If you tap it and accept:

    - Chest 1 is lost
    - Chest 2 costs 180 gems
    - Total resources: 1 chest
    - Total cost in gems: 180
    - Total cost in time: 4.5 hours

    Now, if you tap the first chest to finish it earlier and THEN you tap on the second chest:

    - Chest 1 costs 90 gems
    - Chest 2 costs nothing
    - Total resources: 2 chests
    - Total cost in gems: 90
    - Total cost in time: 4.5 hours

    So, if you tap on any additional chest when you have a previous one halfway into its progress:

    1. It costs double the gems
    1. You get half the resources
    3. It takes the same time

    ... Which means that tapping on a second chest its contents will always be more expensive in a ratio varying from 2x (if the first chest has just started) up to infinite (if you don't rush, you have to pay zero, and anything divided by zero is infinite).

    I don't know how to explain it better, but it should be enough. These mechanics don't add up, they don't make sense at all.

    But since there are many other things that don't make sense, like everything related to heroes camp, specially the academy, it's just business as usual.

  6. #6
    Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    24,278
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    My account ID is 5259519, although I don't know what do you need it for.

    Just do the test, when you open a second chest the first one disappears. Since you're paying, both of them should open in parallel. The notice telling you the cost:

    1. Doesn't state that you will lose the ongoing chest
    2. Displays a cost higher than the ongoing chest

    If we wanted to open the second chest, the cost should be LOWER than the ongoing one. Why? Just a little example:

    1st chest ongoing, lv20, costs 180 gems AT THE BEGINNING. After just a few seconds its price is lower.. Let's imagine that 1 hour and a half has passed, so you have a chest that would cost you 90 gems to finish it earlier. But then you have a second chest that you would want to open, which is also lv20 and costs 180 gems as well for the unlock. If you tap it and accept:

    - Chest 1 is lost
    - Chest 2 costs 180 gems
    - Total resources: 1 chest
    - Total cost in gems: 180
    - Total cost in time: 4.5 hours

    Now, if you tap the first chest to finish it earlier and THEN you tap on the second chest:

    - Chest 1 costs 90 gems
    - Chest 2 costs nothing
    - Total resources: 2 chests
    - Total cost in gems: 90
    - Total cost in time: 4.5 hours

    So, if you tap on any additional chest when you have a previous one halfway into its progress:

    1. It costs double the gems
    1. You get half the resources
    3. It takes the same time

    ... Which means that tapping on a second chest its contents will always be more expensive in a ratio varying from 2x (if the first chest has just started) up to infinite (if you don't rush, you have to pay zero, and anything divided by zero is infinite).

    I don't know how to explain it better, but it should be enough. These mechanics don't add up, they don't make sense at all.

    But since there are many other things that don't make sense, like everything related to heroes camp, specially the academy, it's just business as usual.
    Dear Leader
    It seems that it was a display problem and we will try to fix it. From the time shown in the log, one of your chests opened naturally 40 minutes before you spent 171 gems on unlocking another chest. Thanks.

    Best Regards
    Betty



    2016-10-17 12:46:45 5259519 16 - Wind Master chero_web34 - ClearNormalBoxCd 75052 74881 -171
    2016-10-16 14:43:37 5259519 16 - Wind Master chero_web34 - ClearNormalBoxCd 77426 77270 -156

    77 2016-10-17 12:46:45 5259519 16 - Wind Master chero_web34 - WOG_ClaimBox 295966 297484 1518
    78 2016-10-17 12:04:20 5259519 16 - Wind Master chero_web34 - WOG_ClaimBox 294448 295966 1518

    89 2016-10-17 12:46:45 5259519 16 - Wind Master chero_web34 - WOG_ClaimBox 142384 143892 1508
    90 2016-10-17 12:04:20 5259519 16 - Wind Master chero_web34 - WOG_ClaimBox 140882 142384 1502

  7. #7
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Dali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    23
    Hmmm, OK, fair enough.

    But I still need that the mechanics should allow us to use all of our chest slots in parallel without having to pay anything. We've already paid for unlocking them.

  8. #8
    Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    24,278
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    Hmmm, OK, fair enough.

    But I still need that the mechanics should allow us to use all of our chest slots in parallel without having to pay anything. We've already paid for unlocking them.
    Dear Leader
    Thank you for your suggestion. But treasure chest mechanic is in refernece to Clash of Kings' chest system that it's not likely that it will go the parallel way in the near future. Thanks.

    Best Regards
    Betty

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •